ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Won't start issue :S

Clio Sport 197
Hi there i have a Renault Clio 197 Sport, it has been in an accident and the front airbags have gone off, i am currently preparing it as a race car but cant seem to get it to start to move it around the workshop.

At the moment i get a "check air bag" warning on the dash but thats expected as they have gone off, but i dont see why this should stop it from starting...

It cranks over fine, but it doesnt seem to fire (as if the immobiliser is active)...is there anything that i could check to find out what is causing this?

thanks.

-Aaron

Megane dci 130
Are the hazards flashing? The airbag computer 'locks' in an impact. You will need a new one.

Clio Sport 197
they sure are, ahh interesting...i'll have to speak to renault tomorrow and get another one.

thanks for the info, been tearing my hair out all day hehe :p

Clio Sport 197
Had the Renault technician out today to run diagnostics, yep the air bag computer is locked out. New one got ordered today, turns out the hazard lights flashing is just the default when the battery is reconnected , pressing the hazard light switch sorted them out.