ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197

C

clio172cup20

£16,000 for a renault clio!!
You must be having a laugh Renault!!!!

C

clio172cup20

At the end of the day, 16k on a clio is a bit much, lovely car!! but... as peperami said, you can get so much more for your money!!!

Cup 172
Anyone who pays 16k for a 197 is a mug. They can be had on the internet for £13,900. I think i'll wait until the cup version rolls up. I don't fancy having my ass handed to me by some estate agent in a Cooper S!

Had a quick go in a mates on Monday, nice car, but not worth the extra £8k+his 182 better!!! Handling is good compared to 182, not as much nervousness as the 182, but in the same sense not a chuckable as the 182 you can feel that extra weight!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah was gonna say, bit random, and late. I've driven it and I think its a very capable, fun and refined car to drive, and IMO looks pretty sweet too, especially in racing blue.

Yes they are 16k atm but renault can do that, cuz people will still buy them, give it a year-18 months and they will drop to more sensible prices. Its just the whole 'BRAND NEW SUPERB MODEL" type thing.

Anyway, Doctor, take us forward to 2006 again please.

Anyone who pays 16k for a 197 is a mug. They can be had on the internet for £13,900. I think i'll wait until the cup version rolls up. I don't fancy having my ass handed to me by some estate agent in a Cooper S!

£13,500 on this site:

www.newregcars.co.uk

and the options are less. I wouldn't be keen on paying 16k for a standard one but with all the options i want it works out at about 15k, delivered and on the road. Just need to wait until next year when i'll be rich enough :(

cup172
Just ordered the clio 197 in Blue. Had the Clio 172 cup for 3 years now so it's time for change.
Took it out a test drive,it's more refined than the Cup,which i was lookin for. So quite happy. Just waiting till December to get it

C

clio172cup20

Lovely Cars... Dont get me wrong!!
But i was just saying 16k is too steap for me!!
14k Full spec would be more reasonable!!

Leon Cupra R 225
Just ordered the clio 197 in Blue. Had the Clio 172 cup for 3 years now so it's time for change.
Took it out a test drive,it's more refined than the Cup,which i was lookin for. So quite happy. Just waiting till December to get it

How many millions did that set you back mate? ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
good deal imo.

some people would like a full warranty, five seats and not a second hand vee.

do like the vee but don"t actually want one , i am more the guy who buys what he likes , you are only on this planet once so enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

An orange one
I just specced up my 197 on that website ^^^^ and in black, with xenons and climate and electric mirrors and recaro's..it was £16200 delivered by transporter...

thats not actually too bad with all the options id want! just needs a stylish set of 18's and coilies! :):)

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
it was indeed evoo. this is the point 80% of cliosport members cannot get through there heads.

if you buy a clio with no discount, ur a monkey basically. you should be behind bars.

I've seen them now advertised at £13995 on the road.

You'd be rather unhappy if you paid top wack!

MKIII 138
^ true same goes for meganesport. if you dont take advantage of the loophole (stopped now for the R26 230 though :( ) then your a muppet.

btw saw a titainium one this mornin it looked amazing, ive got used to the style of the normal 1.2/1.6 (which look better than the last 1.4/1.6`s) but when you see a 197 they do look good, very wide. id put 18" megsport anthracite wheels on + lower a bit or just coilover a standard one.

i think if the cup comes with LSD, anthracite wheels + drilled discs it will look great

Turbos.
As people have said, you'd have to be brainless to nod your head and go along with the list price. A good point that 172/182s list price wasn't that much less.

MKIII 138
A good point that 172/182s list price wasn't that much less.

i do know of a lad in town who paid a full £16.5k for a 182+cup pack in blackgold with satnav+ 6cd changer !! crazy.

but your point is probably the most important when comparing the two cars, both simular list both simular internet price deals ((compare to the start of the 172/182 internet deals not the silly latter ones although the 197 will go that way no doubt))
the 197 side by side is much better quality and i mean that, ive sat in three now, and driven two the interior fit and finish is leagues ahead so is the material and driving posistion. exterior its chunkier and the spec is higher its also safer and comes with some nice brembo`s.
only in performance terms is the 197 a 'slight letdown but then again id like to see some high speed manouvers in the 197 vs 182 id wager it would be much more confident on say a sweeping bend on a bypass at 100mph than a loose ended 182

nice motors but yea not got the punch of a 182 let alone a 172cup

BMW M3
You may get a bit more of this n that second hand but for the price, you can't get anything better out of the showroom for less. If you want a second hand car than you can get a clio 172 for 5k so you cant really complain.

Compare that for your 18k M3 with 60k miles on the clock and I think Id go for the 5k or 6k 172.

A good point that 172/182s list price wasn't that much less.

the 197 side by side is much better quality and i mean that, ive sat in three now, and driven two the interior fit and finish is leagues ahead

The interior is still your usual French tack! I sat in the Reg Vardies Test Car (Rotherham), the drivers side door handle (inside) was loose and the silver trim to the right of the steering wheel was falling off (ive seen better quality materials used for kitkat wrappers) :S