ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 2 1.4 s wont start

Clio 2 1.4 Sport
hi my clio wont start have replaced the crank sensor but with more checking it seems the fuel pump is not getting a feed . anyone know what fuse or relay covers that ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You need to start at the very beginning. When you put the key in the ignition and turn it what does the red LED do?

Flash
Stay on solid
Come on and then go out

Mick

Clio 2 1.4 Sport
hi Mick , red led flashes as normal .. i put key in turn on ignition and led goes solid then out

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Okay so we know the key and all systems are functioning fine. You say you cannot hear the fuel pump prime. Does your Clio have a crash impact/inertia cut-off switch in the engine bay area?

They look like this:

search

If so, press it... Does it click or feel solid? If not do you have a volt meter or power probe to hand?

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes but i'll level with you... I've not seen many damaged Sirus 32 ECM's before that weren't caused by people putting jump leads on the wrong way and even then its becuase they were stupid/persistant.

You've more than likely got either a wiring/component or an earthing fault... time to start fault finding or take it somewhere competant. I'd offer my services but if you're in Motherwell, its a smidge far to go. I'd start with a good diagnostic test (Not just a code reading session) and thencheck to see if other items are getting power in the engine bay (Injectors, MAP, Ignition coil(s)) and go from there.

Mick

Clio 2 1.4 Sport
Mick can you tell me does the fuel pump get fed with 12 volts or 5 volts ? i got a 5 volt feed to pump

C1 VTR (Company Car)
Try your TDC sensor mate. That's what it was with mine, same car.

Edit: Cheap & easy to do yourself as well.

Clio 2 1.4 Sport
that was first part to be replaced ... just need to know what voltage the pump works on .. many thanks for the input