ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 cup racer on the road?! - Little Eaton island - Derby - 16:00

340i
Spotted this earlier.. White, roof vent, covered in vinyls etc.

Real or replica? Anyone seen this before?:eek:

Listerine & Poledo
I'd have thought they'd have much more robust gearboxes than the chocolate-sychro'd ones renault put in the road cars?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd have thought they'd have much more robust gearboxes than the chocolate-sychro'd ones renault put in the road cars?

They have gearboxes designed to take heavy loads for short durations while being light, like most race parts.

Ie change them every couple of K and you wont have a problem which is no issue on a race car, but a big problem on a 25K a year road car, as its monthly, lol

340i

The boxes just aren't designed for that kind of driving, stop start in traffic etc. They are built for short duration, hard load.

also they don't have a reverse gear ;)

ultra red 197
I think it's 20ten's racing car. There in little eaton. Thay had 3 in a week or so back when I had some work done.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Buying a new cup racer and having it made road legal is on my list of things to do if I win the euromillions, however un practical and expensive it is.

S4 Avant
£70,000 a pop from Renaultsport in France, or was it 70,000 euros? I vaguely remember 70,000 any who.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
£70,000 a pop from Renaultsport in France, or was it 70,000 euros? I vaguely remember 70,000 any who.

Sure?

They used to list the price on the RS website but don't anymore, I seem to remember it being somewhere around £30-40k

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I think it's a proper one as such.

My bodyshop preps the cars for a team that race in gulf colours. The main driver lives fairly local I think, and pretty sure he built a road legal one for a laugh from what I'm told. He's got some nice cars!

Cooksport Fleet
34k plus vat for a new car.

Probably Simon Belcher. He has a white road cup stripped with a roof vent etc.

He uses it for promotion and track days prior to events.

It wasn't a 20ten car.

Cooksport Fleet
Darren Wilson drives the gulf colours cup. He has some nice cars yes, including a yellow 458, but no road legal cup.

The 20ten white car has no stickers on it.

182cup & 172 racecar
Blimey Josh, they have gone up, I know when I first asked about one, they were 21k+vat.

Might need to speak to about suspension.

The guys from Scuderia Vittora / One Call have a UR 200 that's the same as their cup racers that they drive about the roads.

I'm sure I've got a picture of it somewhere.

340i
Probably Simon Belcher. He has a white road cup stripped with a roof vent etc.

He uses it for promotion and track days prior to events.

It wasn't a 20ten car.

Josh is correct... The car is used for promotion, after a little research (Facebook) I found a photo of the car:

548129_10151044013031520_921214051_n.jpg

The 'real' Cup Racer they have is a black one.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Would make sense that being a press car... IIRC the race cars don't generally have painted Brembos...

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be interested to know what it is, someone did tell me once when I was working up at Donny, but I've forgotton, I remember them saying it was a few dollars tho..

Cooksport Fleet

Yes.
Orbisound system.

Black one is this seasons car. The white one for road even has red callipers, the race cars don't. As well as the standard dash and seats. And being right hand drive.

It actually sits in a renault show room in Swindon a lot of the time iirc.

182& UK Cup Race Car
He uses the road car to do track days in before each race weekend using slicks of the race cars! Closest thing you can get to them without as your not allowed to do testing in the race cars! I've driven it and I remember him telling me its a decat system iirc