ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 deal

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Ive been looking around and things werent looking great until i found this:-

Screenshot2011-01-26at014306.png

What do people think? its no £1000 down £200 a month but it seems a fair spec for the money its asking.

:)

rs 200
A lot of people got similar deals it seems. I got a Clio FF with Cup and metalic paint for £800 deposit and £211pm over 24 months.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So I ask again, it says it where?

Also being forced to drive a car that only does 26ish to the gallon in 4 years time, no thanks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So I ask again, it says it where?

Also being forced to drive a car that only does 26ish to the gallon in 4 years time, no thanks.
He says in the OP it's not a £200 per month deal. And lol @ 26mpg. It's a 200, not an early 197.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Maybe im viewing this wrong but i want to drive it for 4 years then give it back, not really interested in what they think its worth after 4 years.

£1500 down £249 a month sounds fine to me.

So what are people going for these days if this is no good.

Ive been offered this by a dealer:-

1500 deposit 48 months @ 10K per year im at £298 per month...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Maybe im viewing this wrong but i want to drive it for 4 years then give it back, not really interested in what they think its worth after 4 years.
You're viewing it completely wrong. You'll be paying £13.5k, for a £14.5k car. And end up with nothing after 4years.

Not a 320d
48 months is a long time to have to own a car

This, which is why ive never had a car on finance unless you count my 1st which I "financed" off the rents. Managed to save up cash for the two cars Ive owned since. I intend to keep this 3 years and then move on. By which time ill have saved up enough to buy something better. Hopefully.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
You're viewing it completely wrong. You'll be paying £13.5k, for a £14.5k car. And end up with nothing after 4years.

Fair doo's that doesnt sound like a train wreck i wanna be part of. I'll keep hunting!!

This, which is why ive never had a car on finance unless you count my 1st which I "financed" off the rents. Managed to save up cash for the two cars Ive owned since. I intend to keep this 3 years and then move on. By which time ill have saved up enough to buy something better. Hopefully.

Ive had cars on finance for the last 12 years, as a result my credit score is bang tidy. Helps when you come to get a mortgage :)

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Fair doo's that doesnt sound like a train wreck i wanna be part of. I'll keep hunting!!

Ive had cars on finance for the last 12 years, as a result my credit score is bang tidy. Helps when you come to get a mortgage :)

getting a phone contract is a better and cheaper way to get a good credit rating...no if I were you, I'd save my pennies and just buy one out right, at least you have that asset to then sell on.

Westy. MX5

Save all that cash you would have spent on a PCP and put it towards your house deposit. That would help you get a mortgage as well.:D

Oh dear I'm being too sensible now

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
^^^ Haha screw sensible ive got the "i need a new car" bug, plus my car cost me over a grand this month so its time it went we've officially fallen out!!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
12.5% APR!!!?!?!?!???? Feck that...

I got 4.4%, 24 Month deal. £500 deposit too.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The deal that ended last year was the one to have. That deal is quite frankly s**t.

If you must finance over such a long period of time, go down the bank loan route. Makes life easier if you need to sell/swap it and will probably be similar, if not better than that deal. (payments will be slightly more but no GFV)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
4 Years, stupid APR (for a new car anyway) and the deposits too big.

Avoid. Then pick up the phone and speak to Richard at Crawley down Renault. 7 hour round trip to collect your car but he was £1000 cheaper than the dealer I used to work at so it was 7 hours well spent.

Something Not French
Horrible deal.

You're paying £18,600 (ish) over 4 years, and then have a GFV of over £4k. Decide to buy the car and you're look at a £23k clio.

Go to Renault direct, my 200 is on a PCP @ 2.5% APR, its Renault subsidised.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Horrible deal.

You're paying £18,600 (ish) over 4 years, and then have a GFV of over £4k. Decide to buy the car and you're look at a £23k clio.

Go to Renault direct, my 200 is on a PCP @ 2.5% APR, its Renault subsidised.

48x200 + 1000 = £10600? Or am I missing something?

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
4 Years, stupid APR (for a new car anyway) and the deposits too big.

Avoid. Then pick up the phone and speak to Richard at Crawley down Renault. 7 hour round trip to collect your car but he was £1000 cheaper than the dealer I used to work at so it was 7 hours well spent.

*Nods in agreeance* It certainly seems like the better option i'll give him a call.

These Clio 200 deals are dead at the moment, my 200 was at the dealer for some warranty work on Monday and he said all of the deals for the Renaultsports have been pulled this quarter. That seems like an absolutely awful deal, you'd be better off getting a bank loan and buying a 6 month old example.

For your reference, I paid £14,500 for a Clio 200 FF with Albi Blue paint, black speedlines and the cup chassis. That works out at £1,600 deposit and around £180 per month over 2 years. I 100% would not want to be tied in for 4 years, 2 years is more than enough for me.

The tip with PCP is to put down as small a deposit as possible as the depreciation value on the clio is a lot. Just don't buy the car at the end and get a new one at the end.

These Clio 200 deals are dead at the moment, my 200 was at the dealer for some warranty work on Monday and he said all of the deals for the Renaultsports have been pulled this quarter. That seems like an absolutely awful deal, you'd be better off getting a bank loan and buying a 6 month old example.

For your reference, I paid £14,500 for a Clio 200 FF with Albi Blue paint, black speedlines and the cup chassis. That works out at £1,600 deposit and around £180 per month over 2 years. I 100% would not want to be tied in for 4 years, 2 years is more than enough for me.

How did you manage to pay £14,500 for a full fat, I'm paying £16,500 cash for a cup with same spec.

How did you manage to pay £14,500 for a full fat, I'm paying £16,500 cash for a cup with same spec.

pcp deals were discounted by about £3500.

Ive got my storm grey for sale...full fat for less than your cup! and mines has recaros, cup spoiler and black spedlines. (2300 on the clock if your intersted ;))

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Good thing with a loan is you're not tied to the car. If you get bored in 12 months, you can sell it and buy something else no problem.

2 years is a fcuking long time, 4 is just insane. I change my own cars about every 2/3 weeks as I get uber bored very quickly and when I buy the new family car, I shudder when I'm signing the paperwork as I always lease them for two years and it seems to take a lifetime to come round.

pcp deals were discounted by about £3500.

Ive got my storm grey for sale...full fat for less than your cup! and mines has recaros, cup spoiler and black spedlines. (2300 on the clock if your intersted ;))

I've already ordered one now and I think I prefer white.

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Good thing with a loan is you're not tied to the car. If you get bored in 12 months, you can sell it and buy something else no problem.

2 years is a fcuking long time, 4 is just insane. I change my own cars about every 2/3 weeks as I get uber bored very quickly and when I buy the new family car, I shudder when I'm signing the paperwork as I always lease them for two years and it seems to take a lifetime to come round.

I work with a guy who got through 10 cars in a year!! and he religiously changes cars every 6 months, now thats what i see as mental behaviour, ive personally never owned a car for less than 3 years so i guess im stuck in my ways in that sense. but either way a loan seems a good plan i like the idea of being able to sell the car if circumstances change etc

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Whilst I agree it is frustrating that Renault have pulled the extra support, they must have their reasons...

However, I still need to sell cars and will always try to work out the best possible deal!

Here are my headline Clio PCP offers (6k per annum) available on any order before 31st March 2011;

200 Cup
£1499 deposit
36 x £259 per month
1 x optional final payment of £6860.86
5.9%

£1499 deposit
36 x £269
1 x optional final payment of £7504.81
APR 5.9%

At this time the 3 year PCP works out sensibly without a hefty deposit and you are of course in warranty for the term.

0% finance is available and although it is the 'best deal' in terms of total amount payable, it would commit you to a higher monthly payment unless you have a large deposit.

Here is a detailed link to our PCP offers on the Renaultsport range:

www.cdg-caroffers.co.uk/

Current delivery on Clio 200 is end of April 2011.

Regards

Richard
CDG