ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 MPG

Clio 182
Hi all,

Im buying a Clio 200 in May and after watching a few videos of the akrapovic exhaust system I'm dead set on getting one! What sort of impact will this have on my fuel economy? I expect to see 25mpg on average with a standard 200 but how about with the exhaust? (I know there is more temptation to boot it so I would drive it a bit harder).

The reason I ask is that sometimes I do 200+ miles for work and would like to remain at 25mpg+ on the motorway. This has led me on to ask the question could I slip the akra exhaust off and put my standard system back on when needed? Is anyone doing this at the moment?

Cheers guys.

Dan.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I wouldnt imagine you will notice that much difference. Although, new exhaust= Right foot goes down more,= less economy.

Clio 182
I was thinking the same but wanted to get views from others' Is there anyone who has this exhaust system?

Cheers,

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have this zorst on our 200 and its superb. No direct impact on mpg figures at all.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It is indeed. Just shot a wee vid today so once edited and uploaded al stick the link in here for ya!

BMW E34 540i
I got avg around 28 without trying to drive economically so I think you will be well within your expected 25.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

People kept getting in my way lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182
Loving that exhaust n0ddie! Looking through your vids you do quite a few track days, how much do they set you back? I can't say I've ever had a car I'd like to get on track but I definitely would the Clio!

30 mpg+ !!! :D I'm glad I started this thread now...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Loving that exhaust n0ddie! Looking through your vids you do quite a few track days, how much do they set you back? I can't say I've ever had a car I'd like to get on track but I definitely would the Clio!

30 mpg+ !!! :D I'm glad I started this thread now...

Knockhill is very unlike the way proper english trackdays are run. There are no full day events. Its a lot of 2 hour or 4 hour events which are £50 and £100 respectively.

Proper ones are usually bout £200 for the full day but all organisers differ in what they offer.

Biggest bill for an all day event might be fuel. I emptied the 200 in and hour and a half at Knockhill. 8.9 MPG :eek:

Clio 200 cup
I've got a Milltek cat back with cat removed and had a remap to suite and I am always getting at least 30 mpg and that with frequent little blasts, best I have ever had was 42 mpg but that was motorway run :)

Nissan 350z
27.3 for me average over the past couple of thousand miles according to the trip computer.

As much as id love an Akro, for the same price you can get cams and a remap.... its a hard decision :D

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
27.3 for me average over the past couple of thousand miles according to the trip computer.

As much as id love an Akro, for the same price you can get cams and a remap.... its a hard decision :D

Not quite!

1.8 Civic EX
seems to be some varied responses in here but I tend to take the mpg readings with a pinch of salt...without wanting to start a new thread as MPG threads are all over the shop (so sorry for the hi-jack)

how much it costs to fill up the tank?
approx milage a week?
and how often you have to fill it up?

In the 172 for me a full tank would last about 16-17 days, then to fill up it would cost about £60

RB FF 200 CUP
What are you doing with it?

I'm averaging 29mpg but even hooning I've averaged 25mpg
Dunno Iain
hopefully computer maybe slightly out but ive noticed one or two other owners average the same as me!!
still to take her on a long run so maybe the figures will improve

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine must be a freak then judging by the above.

Currently 175 miles into a full tank.
Trip computer says 38.4 mpg (which I know will be over 40 mpg as the trip is very pessimistic).

When trying hard the lowest I see is 29 mpg.

The joy of a country road commute with no lights and no traffic :D