ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 dipped headlight beam terrible! Bulb recommendations

55 Dynamique S 1.4
Hi all, have had my 55 plate Clio 3 for a few days now and have noticed the throw on the dipped lights is terrible even with the adjuster all the way up. Can anyone recommend replacement bulbs that are suitable as I read about the UV thing cause of the plastic lens covers. I had to put the full beam on and aim fully down driving on the M50 the other day as the corners were sneaking up on me!!

Cheers

Jonny

Osram Nightbreakers are pretty good bulbs. You shouldn't need to fiddle with the adjsuter, unless you're adjusting for a heavy load in the back. Maybe worth checking yours are properly aligned?
I have Osram Nightbreakers in my Main-beam, and Philips Bluevision Ultra in my dipped beam, they're pretty excellent bulbs.

55 Dynamique S 1.4
Cheers for your reply, I'm assuming they're aligned as it just passed its MOT but ill have them checked anyway. My gf has nightbreakers on her Saxo so I've seen those ones in action

Might just be crappy bulbs then mate, you can even get CREE sidelights and they're like a bloody sun in your headlight. Oh and as a new member of the forum welcome! Let me introduce you to a very, very, very important rule.
"pics of the girlfriend". ;)

55 Dynamique S 1.4
Osram Nightbreakers are pretty good bulbs. You shouldn't need to fiddle with the adjsuter, unless you're adjusting for a heavy load in the back. Maybe worth checking yours are properly aligned?
I have Osram Nightbreakers in my Main-beam, and Philips Bluevision Ultra in my dipped beam, they're pretty excellent bulbs.

+1 for nightbreakers. I hardly ever use my full beam with them in!

Sweet, ill get a set any suggestions for cheap websites or is the Bay my best bet?

Arctic 182
If your a member on here I'd use powerbulbs as I think there is a discount code! If not I'd probably still use power bulbs!

I got mine from ebay i think. Sub £20. She don't have to know ;)

mendizmo said:
If your a member on here I'd use powerbulbs as I think there is a discount code! If not I'd probably still use power bulbs!

dammmmmnnn. I bought my phillips on amazon, didn't read the ad and bought 1 bulb for something like £12-15. :(