ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 53 plate 172 cup info needed please!!!

Clio sport
Need some cliosport 53 plate info please!!
Hi, recently purchased a 53 plate clio sport 172 cup. 66000 miles. Had cambelt change at 42000 has had few small things done to the car. I have full service history. Now there was neon lights fitted into the front wheel arches and front grill. I dont like them. Only one worked! So i called my friend up who has had 2 clio sports and knows about cars. He diagnosed that the ones under the wheel arches were wired into the front lights. He disconnected the neons and reconncted the front lights. The neons in the front grill didnt work. He diagnosed that these were wired into the fog lights. These also dont work. He taped up all the loose wires for safety. I never use fog lights so i dont care if they dont work. First question - can you fail an MOT if your fog lights dont work? 2nd question - we had the front lights on for around 30 mins without the engine on, after, i went to turn the engine on and it started but then cut out immediately when the revs dropped. This hasnt happened before. I then turned it on and gave it some gas. Then dropped the revs and it sat nicely at 1000rpm just like it had done previously. What could of caused this? Question 3- my friend noticed that under the front bumper the black cover was missing, the cover that i guess protects the radiator/engine. What is this? Where can i get one? Cost? Question 4 - spare wheel. I have the jack etc but no wheel, where can i get one? Cost? Question 5 - 2nd key!! Where can i get one? Cost?
Question 6- when i turn the key, i swear it takes a split second to respond to turn the engine on. All my other vehicles i have owned seemed to respond instantly. Is this normal?

Thanks! Sorry about the long story.
steve198812

Clio sport
Started the engine again, and it sat nicely at 1000rpm. But now the dashboard lights arent on?! Might have blown a fuse whilst fiddling with the wiring!