ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio aftermarket head unit

Renault Clio 1.6
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a total noob question but, I purchased an alpine head unit for my clio 182 cup and bought the extra leads for the steering wheel adapter. The adapter has a CTALPINE lead that connects to a block and then comes out like an aux in style connection. I only have 2 ports to the back of the radio does the REM stand for remote control? As the other one is MIC for microphone I guess. Will the REM port be the correct connection for this cable?

Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a total noob question but, I purchased an alpine head unit for my clio 182 cup and bought the extra leads for the steering wheel adapter. The adapter has a CTALPINE lead that connects to a block and then comes out like an aux in style connection. I only have 2 ports to the back of the radio does the REM stand for remote control? As the other one is MIC for microphone I guess. Will the REM port be the correct connection for this cable?

Thanks

I should imagine the rem wire is remote wire for an amp.
If so, when you turn on the head unit this wire becomes live and tells the amp to turn on too.

Clio 172
I think he is describing two 3.5mm sockets, if so one is for the mic and the other is for the remote control box to get it talking to the OEM controls