ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v mod ideas and help.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
Hey, just bought myself a light silver/grey 2000 renault clio Alize 1.4 16v, I'm not really bothered about making any changes to the engine, its more just about making it look nice on the outside rather than like an old-lady-mobile.

A few ideas I've been thinking about is some nice 15inch alloys, new headlights (not sure what type to get), get all the plastic trims back to matt black (not sure what to use to do this other than halfrauds spray paint stuff), install some fog lights in the front as the caps looks horrendous, smaller aerial.

that really sums up whats been floating around my head, not sure which ideas are good which are bad, and what ive comepletely overlooked.

So ye what do all of you think i should do?

​Cheers.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
standard duel head lamps from a rsi or 172 front fogs lowered 40 or 60mm colour coded trim 15" alloys nice back box and a club sticker in the rear window.

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
IMO I would go for colour code, nice alloys, some lowering springs, then leave it.

Enjoy your clean looking car

standard duel head lamps from a rsi or 172 front fogs lowered 40 or 60mm colour coded trim 15" alloys nice back box and a club sticker in the rear window.

Awesome so rsi lamps will fit in to the alize nicely, i was looking at these probably get some out of an old one in the scrapyard and sand them with some high grain papers and clean them up nicely.

Do you both mean colour code the plastic trims to the colour of the car, or colour code the alloys and stuff to the trims black colour?

Ill look into lowering aswell, when lowering is it just a fact of getting the certain springs or is there more to it?

Im glad to get comments of these natures to make the car look fresh and nice, rather than cheap and chavtastic (e.g. 100percent tints, mud flaps, huge alloys.) haha like most forums ive been on.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yes can get them from a rsi or 172 aslong as its a ph1.
colour the trim the same colour as the car. paint code is on the sticker in the drivers door shut.
alloys i would leave silver.

yeah just buy what ever drop you want e.g 40mm or 60mm kit or if you van afford it go for coilovers

have a search for the non-sport thread loads of photos on there give you some ideas and can see how things look before doing them.

I had the exact car for my first car last year, and the best advice I was told on my thread was "Leave it, everytime you go to buy a mod, save it for a new car or a holiday" and it properly destroyed my soul. In the end I ended up following that advice and by now could have a 182 if it weren't for my commute (have a nice DCi now instead).

Honestly, i'd do the following:
Dual optic headlights + HID kit (not a chavvy blue one),
Colour code,
Ph2 rear lights,
dynamique/ cup spoiler,
nice alloys,
maybe lows and you'll have cracking little car!

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
yes can get them from a rsi or 172 aslong as its a ph1.
colour the trim the same colour as the car. paint code is on the sticker in the drivers door shut.
alloys i would leave silver.

yeah just buy what ever drop you want e.g 40mm or 60mm kit or if you van afford it go for coilovers

have a search for the non-sport thread loads of photos on there give you some ideas and can see how things look before doing them.

Awesome, ill check a few scrapyards for a ph1 rsi or 172 i can nab the lights off for cheap, cheers for all the help, im thinking a silver and black theme, so i might see if i can get some nice black wheels that dont look bad (i know its hard to find ones that are black and actually look decent, but i will give it a go)

Clio Alize 1.4 16v
I had the exact car for my first car last year, and the best advice I was told on my thread was "Leave it, everytime you go to buy a mod, save it for a new car or a holiday" and it properly destroyed my soul. In the end I ended up following that advice and by now could have a 182 if it weren't for my commute (have a nice DCi now instead).

Honestly, i'd do the following:
Dual optic headlights + HID kit (not a chavvy blue one),
Colour code,
Ph2 rear lights,
dynamique/ cup spoiler,
nice alloys,
maybe lows and you'll have cracking little car!

Ye this is my 4th car, been through a peugeot 306 2.0, ford fiesta 1.4, mg zr 1.4 (no one ever buy a mg, you will look after it so well and it still will fall apart)

can i out a hid kit into a set of rsi or 172 headlights?
So ph2 lights will fit a ph1 on the rear?
For the alloys I'm thinking if i go for my black/silver theme ill try for some black alloys, if i fail to find any nice black ones i will colour code as previous people have said and go for some silver ones.
with 15inch alloys im guessing the 40mm drop would be better than a 60mm drop?

Hi, this is mine, might give you a few ideas. Have a look at my thread ive done quite a few subtle mods to it : http://​[url]http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?652719
​[/URL]
2013-04-20091117.jpg

2013-04-20091222.jpg