ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Billabong help

Clio billabong
​hey guys im new to the forum I own a Clio 1.2 dynamique Billabong Black gold 03 plate. been checking up on lots of threads and all round enjoying it. I have been searching forums and cant find anything on the subject but would like to ask anyone thats kind enough to give an opinion.

firstly: Is it illegal to use tinting film on rear lights ? am i going to be having problems during MOT or general police stopping me? the film i was thinking of buying was this ;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMOKE-BLA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43b3be7341

Also what bulds would i get to go in the front headlights and rear lights that are a white glow (hate the standard yellow) Im a little confused on the whole HID'S thing

​thanks and appricate any help I can get :D

Welcome.

Do yourself a favour and don't buy the tint, it will look gash. On the MOT part, I guess it would depend on your tester and how severe the tint is. My rear lights are lightly smoked, a dick move and i hate it, but it passed its mot the 2 previous times.

Use the search feature, if your signed up - if not sign up for £12, and you'll gain access to loads of threads discussing bulbs/HID's etc.

Clio billabong
cheers buddy.. i reallly want the tint though because my cars all black badges and everything i like the stealth look and now my lights are red and its the odd thing out hahah !

Clio 172 rep
My cars stealthy and ive got normal headlights, its not worth the hassel if u ask me, i was goin down that route then left it, save the money for a sports body kit and make a sport replica? Thats what i did ive got a 53plate black gold billabong also but doent look like one haha :D check out my project thread :) should be on the second page on the project section, its got very pic heavy in the title :D

Clio billabong
My cars stealthy and ive got normal headlights, its not worth the hassel if u ask me, i was goin down that route then left it, save the money for a sports body kit and make a sport replica? Thats what i did ive got a 53plate black gold billabong also but doent look like one haha :D check out my project thread :) should be on the second page on the project section, its got very pic heavy in the title :D

very smart car bud love the stealth i see what you mean but i just hate the red back lights :/ how did you get the 172 rear bumper so cheap i have been looking for one of them for ages

Clio 172 rep
I was looking about for ages and finaly fount one on ebay :), sign up on here 12pound a year and its worth it, im sure u could get a rear bumper off hear for cheap but u have to sign up first, u get free sticker, tax disk holder and a keyring bottle opener on the plus side haha

Clio billabong
yeah I will do soon think i will start my own project thread up :D and did you know if it was illegal for the tails tint?

Clio 172 rep
Its not illegal aslong as the lights are still visable cause otherwise people wont see ur break lights and will end up crashing into your rear