ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio brings bad luck...

After it was driven into last week the bodyshop came to collect the car today. When they tried to get it onto the back of their lorry, the driver caught the front bumper and broke the valance and slightly bent the bumper :mad:

The driver said it was because my vehicle was lowered, it is still on the original renault suspension??:confused: Maybe the lorry is just mailto:cr@p">cr@p and they should get something that is suited to standard cars. When the AA towed it home after the accident they had no promblem with it and they used the same method

I spoke to the garage where i was gonna part exchange the clio this afternoon and they said they was pulling out of the deal. It seems the clio is getting its own back on me for trying to sell it

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 25 November 2003

they say it comes in 3s perhaps thats it..............................for now !!!!;)
Not for me, i seem to be having nothing but bad luck with the car at the mo, as soon as i get the car back its gotta have a new clutch, after just 16000miles from new. Have to try and get it done free as the car has done so few miles since new in less than two years.

I just hope than is the end of the bad luck

I ve had three bouts of bad luck:

1) Throttle cable snapped racing a 325i £120

2) Fusebox wiring went mental (dont know why) and immobiliser wouldnt allow the car to start £190

3) Handbrake slipped at mates house and car rolled into a wall £400+

Actually 4 because some bloke smashed my wingmirror glass on Thursday

....maybe thats it for now though? - Surely the bodyshop will repair any damages they have made to the car whilst getting it on the ramps?

The bodyshop r mailto:cr@p">cr@p, but its the one that the insurers use. After the accident the car pulled to the left, the bodyshop said there is nothing wrong with it. I had to go back and complain about them to the insurers to get it sorted. I think ill b paying for the car to b checked over when i get it back to ensure they have done a good job.

Willy2

you think youve got bad luck listen to this

(1) my girlfriend gets diagnosed with a serious illness (MAY)

(2) Went in for a ACL reconstruction on my right knee(MAY) fekin painful

(3) Writes off me valver when a MCY hits me and im stationary in the road(JULY)

(4) buy a willy £700 worth of work to front steering and bearings(OCT)

(5) Writes off Willy 22nd NOV an old boy pulls out on me in the wet

I have written off 2 CLIOS in 5MONTHS, renewal is due next MAY and im not looking forward to it.