ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio burst into flames.

Ford Fiesta

Read this in local paper, thoughts are with the family.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094580317__clio.jpg

for the older ones amongst us...

Two young people were burned to death in a horrific head on crash last night. The male driver and a woman passenger died when their Renault Clio veered across the road and collided with an audi A8.

The clio burst into flames TRAPPING the young couple inside and although fire crews quickly doused the flames, they could not save the pair.

The accident, at about 9pm on Steep Newall carr road in Otley, blocked the road for 7 hours after the renault clio appeared the veer across the road and collide with the audi coming up the hill.

A spokeman for north yorkshire police said the identities of the dead couple were not being released until they have been positively identified and relatives informed.

The driver of the audi, a man from skipton, suffered cuts and bruises in the accident and was treated at Leeds general infirmary.

Anyone who saw the cars immediately before or saw the actual accident collision is asked to contact police constable Tracy Smales at harrogate police station on 01609 783131

Titanium Clio 182

save it then veiw it in the windows preview, then zoom. You can just make it out.

Yaris Hybrid

I could just about read it. Always makes me worry when some nob is tailgating me whilst I am sat on 50 litres of Optimax...

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Two young people were torched to death in a horrific head-on crash last night.

The male driver and a woman passenger died when their Renault Clio veered across the road a collided with an Audi A8. The Clio burst into flames, trapping the young couple inside, and although fire crews quickly ******** the flames, they could not save the pair.

Thats all i can b bothered to write out!

Shocking though..

thanks mate...

absolutely tragic, doesnt say which version clio it is though but im guessin its the mk1 as the mk2 and mk3 both have good ncap ratings yes?

Yaris Hybrid

No point carrying an extinguisher either, they are about as much use as spitting when you have a big petrol fire.

Ford Fiesta

what model was it jonnyboy do you know?

never a good thing going to accidents/collisions thankfully not had a fatal yet.