ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup 182

Astra H vxr
Hi people im new to this site after being on saxperience for many years after owning a saxo vts :rasp:
ive just sold it last week and now after finally managing to get a half decent quote for the 182`s, only reason im going for the 182 as ive taking a liking to the twin exhaust :cool:, ive found a really nice blue 182 cup forsale going for 3250, on 49k miles, its from a trader , but the only problem im having is hes very etchy to sell the car rang me twice today to see if im still interested, just got a few questions to ask if thats ok :S

1. is the price abit cheap for a clio cup on that milage ? as i thought garages seem to sell cars more than buying private
2. also the bonnet on the drivers side above headlight, seems to have a bigger gap then the passenger side? is that normal or is it likely to have had a bump as the drivers side front wing looks abit darker then the door? i know there plastic so that could be why, but il try upload some pics off it and will appreciate it if i can get some honist but not harsh answers back ;)
ps ive done a hpi check and came back as not been scrapped ect...... but came back as 4owners , (garage said it has had 3 on the website) ?

its in the racing blue i think they call it? light blue :approve:

thanks Adam :star:

cliok.jpg

cliooo.jpg

Audi A3
I errr wouldn't touch it if it looks like it's had a bump. Seems like a slightly below average price too and maybe that's why. Only thing you could do to be sure is go and see it and check it out

Astra H vxr
thanks mate- yeah im off to see it on thursday, but didnt wana waste my time and money going to view it if its really dodgy, it be best to view it really though so i know for my self but as i dont know that much about clios i wouldnt know where to start to see if its any good or not lol :(

172/1.2/E30
Car had a front end bump and the front bumper has been resprayed (missing black stickers in the middle "grill").

Audi A3
People do say the wings can be a shade out because of the material difference. Bonnet does look higher on one side though. I always start in the middle ofthe bonnet with an index finger underneath and run it round, should be an even gap all the way round. look at the wings under the bonnet, the bolts (if they're newer one side than the other)

Astra H vxr
Car had a front end bump and the front bumper has been resprayed (missing black stickers in the middle "grill").

ahh see i would off never noticed that as i never knew they had black stickers theres :O i did ask him about the shade differance at the front, but he aint gunna say the truth if it has as he would never sell it, ahh il think il leave that clio then, i had enough of a bodged up saxo and dont wanna go down the same road lol :(

Audi A3
I'd be giving that a wide berth tbh and not even bothering to go and see it. If it looks shabby in photos what's it gonna be like in the flesh?!

Astra H vxr
I'd be giving that a wide berth tbh and not even bothering to go and see it. If it looks shabby in photos what's it gonna be like in the flesh?!

i agree mate :( im sure another blue one will come up for sale soon, just have to keep my eyes peeled :) thanks for the help

Where abouts is that one for sale? It does suggest its had a bump to the drivers front corner looking at the pictures but only real way to tell how bad it was is to view it. If it has good service history and is up at that price I would still view it but if its had any chassis damage I'd leave well alone.

Astra H vxr
lol tom dont sell you clio :) way to nice, plus im getting one soon so be good for some pics :p , yeah does look nice from the back , but suppose i wont know for 100% sure till thursday, unless i pay tom some petty money to take me to view it ;) haha

Astra H vxr
Where abouts is that one for sale? It does suggest its had a bump to the drivers front corner looking at the pictures but only real way to tell how bad it was is to view it. If it has good service history and is up at that price I would still view it but if its had any chassis damage I'd leave well alone.

from peterborough by cambridge, only an hour or so from mine :/

Ahh okay I was going to say if it was up this way I would happily take a look round it and see what condition it is in and what damage it has had in the past but that is no where near me :(

Astra H vxr
Ahh okay I was going to say if it was up this way I would happily take a look round it and see what condition it is in and what damage it has had in the past but that is no where near me :(
thanks mate that would off been wicked :) i was looking at a clio 182 in same colour from leeds for 3100 as he needed a quick sale, but rang him up and he put it back up to 4k as the car he wanted sold , so didnt need quick sale, my thought for taking so long to call him :( ,

thats cool tom il let you off :p that artic blue one i just looked at looks well nice, looks mint and only 20mins from me mm :p

Astra H vxr
they guy rang me today as last week i planned to go see this car originally today around 4, he rang me up at 10am to confirm as i didnt get back to him about viewing the car :/ oops, i was straight up to him and said ive spoke to a few people including my dad whos a car resprayer ;) and every one has said its had some sort off front end bump/knock wether its minor or has been badly damaged at some point, hes really adament its hasnt had any knocks what so ever, i said about the stickers missing in the middle grille and the bigger cap under bonnet and he said it might just need adjusting , and that the stickers could have been taken off , the 2 little stickers look better on IMO so why would some take them off and spray the jet washers from black to blue ? as ive also heard they come from factory in black ? he just said they the previous owner proberly just colour coded them lol, he trys an excuse for everything, but if he doesnt he wont get rid off it that way, should go view it and point it out and then see what he says ? :/

Audi A3
Nope, he'll just fill you with more sh*t face to face, if your that easily swayed over the phone you'd be a salesmans dream face to face

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
i personally wouldnt bother unless you know what your looking at and dont mind buying a repaired car. might have only had a front bumper respray due to chips and may not have been fitted very well (its also missing a splitter). as mentioned belts are due costing 600+ but if it hasnt been in an accident the price seems reasonable for the milage and the belts being due.

Astra H vxr
yeah nah i aint going to look at it, ive decided to go into work instead , but what a keen salesmen he is to flog it off lol ;)

Astra H vxr
nah didnt go there mate- told him it just looks too dodgy and that something doesnt look right, he tried to give aload more ball down the phone why it could be like that lol, i ended up looking at one in sutton near croyden, which i brought :) needs a little tidy up but came with fsh cambelt just been replaced 4x new tyres new exhaust , 58k years tax/mot, but got it for a good price soo all is good :)

Golf 7R
I'll keep an eye out for you, mate. I used to own the Silver/Grey Clio 197, then owned the Red Clio 200, and now own a White Megane R26.

Sounds like you got a good deal!?

Last edited:
  Astra H vxr
I'll keep an eye out for you, mate. I used to own the Silver/Grey Clio 197, then owned the Red Clio 200, and now own a White Megane R26.

Sounds like you got a good deal!?

have we got pics of new motor? probs see you wizzing around h-town!

ahh sweeet :) il keep my eyes peeled too :p , im looking for the camera now to take a few, ive took a few on my phone but wont let me send to email to upload them, but i think ive left the camera at the gfs thinking off it still :( yeah am always about in the motor, specially as im still getting used to it lol, sitting way to high though lol , il try upload some now :)

Astra H vxr
backoffcliooo.jpg

clioooo.jpg

needs a few little things doing , going to get front bumper and back bumper resprayed :), but my mate closed my bonnet yesterday and only just relised as was just taking pics i now have a dent where he closed it :mad:

ps sorry about the photo quality aint too good :(

Last edited:
  clio sport 172
No stickers in the little grilled of that bumper either?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk