ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup noise

Hi, i hope some one can help. I have had a Cup a few weeks now but i have a rattle that seems to be coming from the middle or rear of the car. The noise only ever comes between 5000-7000rpm. I have had the middle section of the exhaust changed under warrentie but the noise is still there. It sounds a lot like engine pinking but is coming from the exhuast area. Could it be a heat shield or the cat?? PLEASE HELP!!

I have a loose heat shield on mine( I guess ) judging by the horrendous noise it makes at sustained revs of over 6k, especially on left bends, I think. Since it hasnt got worse or affected the car in any way, I just cant be arsed to hand it back in. The noise seems to emanate from the front left of the car...:)

:mad: Fecks sake, I had the same problems on a car built a year ago. Why cant Renault spot these re-curring problems and put them right?!?!

320d M Sport

yeah second that Rhys!!! It somes to be ongoing, i swear every 172 owner has had problems with this. Its technically known as the "b4stard annoying 4K rattle".

do a search on 4000 rpm rattle.......

Ive had a kind of jingling noise on my 172 at 5000rpm+ since new (over 2 years ago) - just as you describe, mine seems to come from around the middle of the car... Ive never got Renault to admit theres any sort of problem, Ive had it rolling roaded and superchipped - theres apparently nothing wrong with my fuelling and its putting out a full complement of horses, so Ive recently got to thinking "f**k it!"... I wouldnt lose any sleep over it mate! :)

Just my 2 pence worth anyway!

Cheers Paddy, Ill poke my head under and see if I can get the heat shields to touch the system at all - Im thinking about a replacement exhaust system anyway, so maybe thisll encourage me to spend some cash on it for a change! :cry:

The noise seems to emanate from the front left of the car...:)

Ive got that! Noticed first on a track day now I can induce it on long roundabouts :(

Renault build quality is utter poo...

Renault Laguna Coupe

Go to local car accessory shop

Buy Magnex / k-tec or whatever cat-back system you prefer

Fit to car

No more problems, lifetime guarantee, nice noise!