ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Prices

Im seriously considering purchasing a Clio Cup sometime this year. I know the MRRP is £12995 but do they lower this figure at all or is it set in stone?? I would seriously consider one if I could get one for £11.5-12k but Im not sure if this would be possible.

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Tim

Lee

BMW M2C

I was quoted 12.2k by a Renault dealer. All in on the road. So expect to pay around 12k for a new one Id guess. There are a few nearly new ones knocking around now too.

just do a search on "cup" in the forum and there are a few used ones for sale around the £10-11k Mark. There are also older posts with people claiming they had purchased theirs for £11.5k or so. If you haggle with the renault dealer you will get £11,999 or better depending on your negotiation skills!

have fun,

Philip

Ive been offered one from Maidenhead Delta Renault for 12k on the road straight up! And thats before a good old haggle! So i wouldnt pay over 12k for a new one!

Ive only see normal 172s as imports. This is the biggest market for the Cups and i think they supply us with enough as it is.

Lee

BMW M2C

I noticed http://www.motorhouse2000ltd.co.ukwww.motorhouse2000ltd.co.uk have one, but its on a 52 plate. All there 172s are from Holland and Belgium.

I think its got a different name on the continent. RS Ragnotti I think. After the famous Rally/Touring car driver.

The 12.2k I was quoted in Feb was from a main dealer. That was registered, taxed, 3 years warranty and RAC cover. There was a 4 week wait though.

996 Carrera

Id recommend getting the car via a broker. You normally get a chunk of cash knocked off before you start haggling.

I went through http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/renaultprices.htm#cliorsbroker4cars.co.uk and got £400 off list price at the time.

I ended up paying ~£11900 after negotiation on part-exchange.

It seems theyve been very successful because you cant get a price off their website anymore due to main dealers complaining.

So give them a bell and haggle away.

I spoke to broker4cars.co.uk when I was buying a month ago and was quoted £11600, full UK spec and warrenty. I ended up paying £12000 at a dealer though cause they got one for me in a week instead of 4!

Al

172 Cup

Isnt the cup only on sale in the UK at the moment? Obvious explanation for lack of imports.

So it looks like £12k is the maximum I should pay at present and there is potential for slightly less. Might be interesting to see what is offered this weekend due to the tax year ending.

Got my Jan 03 (52 reg) cup with 3000 miles for £11k from main renault dealer, plus got £500 p/x for my old scirocco, so £10500 cash. Had £13k to spend, so now looking to get r-sport ecu and maybe some 17s.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

GOT MY 172 FROM MOTORHOUSE 2000 3 WEEKS AGO BRAND NEW FOR £12500 SO ID WANT A CUP FOR LESS THEN £12000

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 03 April 2003

GOT MY 172 FROM MOTORHOUSE 2000 3 WEEKS AGO BRAND NEW FOR £12500 SO ID WANT A CUP FOR LESS THEN £12000
Id pay MORE for a Cup over a 172 but thats just me, luckily Renault have made the decision sooo much easier.

S2000

Griff the Cup is on sale on main land Europe, but it isnt called the Cup, its called the Clio Jean Raggnoiti(sp?), after some French rally meister!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

NEIL82CUP, AS FAR AS I KNOW ITS UK SPEC BUT I THINK IT WAS IMPORTED FROM FRANCE OR BELGUIM....DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFF?? APART FROM THE 2 YEAR WARRANTY.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 04 April 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 03 April 2003

Id pay MORE for a Cup over a 172 but thats just me, luckily Renault have made the decision sooo much easier.
WHY PAY MORE FOR LESS????

Because the Cup is something special its handling is so much better than a 172 (remember b4 anyone bites my head off my bros got a 172 so we have compared) and its just got this special feel about it (lol) The colour and wheels also turn a few heads as well. If the 172 costed 13k and the Cup costed 13500 I would pick the Cup every time.

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 04 April 2003

NEIL82CUP, AS FAR AS I KNOW ITS UK SPEC BUT I THINK IT WAS IMPORTED FROM FRANCE OR BELGUIM....DOES IT MAKE ANY DIFF?? APART FROM THE 2 YEAR WARRANTY.
Yeah it does really because you wont get UK price when you sell it on, and the UK prices are getting pretty low. If I were buying your car I would want it for 2000 less than a UK price used 172 because thats how much less you paid.

Clio 197

The Cup is definitely a Ragnotti on the continent. Same car though...got a brochure months ago. If somebody buys my Willy Ill get one.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Yeah it does really because you wont get UK price when you sell it on, and the UK prices are getting pretty low. If I were buying your car I would want it for 2000 less than a UK price used 172 because thats how much less you paid.
by the time i sell it on i doubt it will mater.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Because the Cup is something special its handling is so much better than a 172 (remember b4 anyone bites my head off my bros got a 172 so we have compared) and its just got this special feel about it (lol) The colour and wheels also turn a few heads as well. If the 172 costed 13k and the Cup costed 13500 I would pick the Cup every time.
yeah but id rather have the seats and climate etc and get it lowered

it cant be so much better in that the 172 is crap doesnt the 172 have a better compliance. Mine handles good anyway

Isnt the uk warranty 3 years?

yeah but id rather have the seats and climate etc and get it lowered
Sorry mate it aint as simple as that im sure the track on the Cup makes a difference as well the wheels are way further out than a 172. And on another note Teadys 172 is acutally lower than my cup! (his is standard) Also from what saw today the Cup can totally sh*t on a 172 and a good un at that. Also I cant remember one time in my Cup when I thought god I wish I had climate control! And its been very hot since i got my cup, infact I havent driven it in the rain yet its been that nice up here.

S2000

172Man,

Noone is saying the 172 is a crap handler, its just that the Cup is better! Better turn in, more grip and more feel!

Well it did m8 we will video it sometime soon, I know I would do exactly the same to a standard mark 1 as they aint any quicker than a mark 2.

When we say sh*t on we mean I have the power to go passed easy, but no like when a 172 races a V6 Vectra or something its still pretty close, and when you throw in corners etc and Teady is getting on power eariler u cant see any difference!

so your telling me you drove off into the distance ahahah and that youd turn me into an ant ahahaha isnt the cup 10kg lighter than a mk1? Take out my spare and kit which i have then mines lighter than a cup hurray!

Quote: Originally posted by 172man on 05 April 2003

errrr whatever
What does that mean? Do you really think your car could beat a 15.0 1/4 mile @ 95 mph? Because EVO tested ONE mark 1 @ 6.6 or something every mark 1 owner seems to think they are faster than a mark 2 why is that?

im confused:confused:

i raced a v6 vectra and pulled away a distance at top whack he then stayed at the same point till i slowed!