ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Racing Team saying hello

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Hi,

Team ARM Group are a 2 car team racing in the Renault Clio Cup UK in 2011.

We hope that a lot of members from this forum are able to attend BTCC meetings next season, please feel free to find us and join us in the paddock.

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Car - Clio Cup Race Car x2 <- Show off lol

Thanks lol

As to who the team is running;
One driver is myself, Alastair Rushforth
The second driver will hopefully be announced after this evening as we're meeting to 'dot I's and cross T's'

As a team we've been running various drivers in Mini's (original shape) MG Metro Cup, MG Trophy. But the team now feels the time is right to progress to the Clio Cup, obviousally with an eye to the BTCC once the new rule changes have settled. Thus creating a "ladder of progression" within the team.

We will do our best to keep forum members up-to-date.

We are also running various prize draws throughout the season, but not sure what I can or cannot say as don't want to be in breach of forum rules.

However, any members that do plan on attending BTCC meetings next season will be welcomed.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Out of curiosity, what would be the best route to get into something like this? I would love to work within a racing team. Lucky Man

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Also, and please remove this if it's not allowed :)

You can follow us on facebook.

Search for Alastair Rushforth Motorsport (either the 'person' or group)

Clio 1.4 1999
Wow £29,000 it must cost alot to run a racing team then,
will hopeful see you next year when you come to oulten park.

Golf GTD Mk7
Thanks for the welcome.

Will get pics up ASAP.

The cost of a new Cup Car is £29,000

It that all they are? Pretty reasonable that. Is that including the parts package? What's the entry fee for 2011? I heard it went stupidly high?

Hi and welcome btw :)

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Wow £29,000 it must cost alot to run a racing team then,
will hopeful see you next year when you come to oulten park.

Yes unfortunately it's not cheap to do. But very rewarding when it goes well ;)

Will definately be at Oulton, feel free to come and say hello.

Clio Cup Race Car x2
It that all they are? Pretty reasonable that. What's the entry fee for 2011? I heard it went stupidly high?

Hi and welcome btw :)

well it depends on the exchange rate tbh as the cars are bought from renault Sport in France, so if you time it right with the £ verse the Euro you can save a few quid.

Registration for 2011 is approx £10,500 + the dreaded VAT. Slightly less than this year, but that's because there will be 2 fewer rounds

Stripped yozza'd cup
Welcome :)
I see you're based in Abingdon... I was doing a motosports engineering degree at Oxford brookes.
£29,000 for the car sounds pretty good to me! I'm guessing it would cost an awful lot more to build one from parts.

I'll be coming the brands hatch and snetterton rounds so I'll hopefully see you there. Good luck with the coming season.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cool! I know a number of the lads from my karting days who progressed through Clio Cups. Jonny Adam, Mikey Doyle, Carl Bradley.

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Welcome :)
I see you're based in Abingdon... I was doing a motosports engineering degree at Oxford brookes.
£29,000 for the car sounds pretty good to me! I'm guessing it would cost an awful lot more to build one from parts.

I'll be coming the brands hatch and snetterton rounds so I'll hopefully see you there. Good luck with the coming season.

A couple of the guys we have working with us are studying at Oxford Brookes :)

All cars have to be built by Renault Sport, so rules out building your own.

Will see you there :)

Get a Cliosport sticker on there, reprezent y0! :)

Going to speak with an Admin about that ;)

Stripped yozza'd cup
All cars have to be built by Renault Sport, so rules out building your own.

I just meant in terms of value for money, buying the equivalent parts.

If you ever require someone to spit-polish the floor or wash the awning, I'll make myself available :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I just meant in terms of value for money, buying the equivalent parts.

If you ever require someone to spit-polish the floor or wash the awning, I'll make myself available :)

LOL - Clio Cup racers are extremely good VFM considering what you are getting.

Golf GTD Mk7

well it depends on the exchange rate tbh as the cars are bought from renault Sport in France, so if you time it right with the £ verse the Euro you can save a few quid.

Registration for 2011 is approx £10,500 + the dreaded VAT. Slightly less than this year, but that's because there will be 2 fewer rounds

Not bad at all tbh. Thought it was going to be in the £100,000 mark. Is that with the full parts package? Are you restricted to modifications to the car?

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Not bad at all tbh. Thought it was going to be in the £100,000 mark. Is that with the full parts package? Are you restricted to modifications to the car?

Running costs including registration would be somewhere up near the £100,00 mark.

Parts are obviousally bought as you need them, but the cars are insured for major damages incurred.

Cars can only be changed concerning suspension settings and tyre pressures, everything else will be identical car to car as it left Renault Sport.

Golf GTD Mk7
Not bad really. I'd imagine the premium on insurance would be a bit of a killer :(. Is it not cheaper to get the package from diepe for parts or do they not do this on the mk3. I know they used to for the mk2

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Welcome! I'm really looking forward to the pictures.

It would be great if one time you could arrange for a ClioSport.net viewing of the cars. Maybe at an event or some weekend testing session where we could come to a circuit, meet some drivers and take lots of piccies of your cars. I've followed the Clio Cup for a few years and think it's great, I actually prefer it to the BTCC!

Clio Cup Race Car x2

It would be great if one time you could arrange for a ClioSport.net viewing of the cars. Maybe at an event or some weekend testing session where we could come to a circuit, meet some drivers and take lots of piccies of your cars. I've followed the Clio Cup for a few years and think it's great, I actually prefer it to the BTCC!

This is something I've been discussing with one of the Admin team. Trying to arrange a forum meet and various other things ;)

Stripped yozza'd cup

Or a drive in one ;) for a small (huge) fee of course :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Welcome to the club,I take it that price is including vat,because they used to be £20k +vat.See you are just up the road from me,big step buying 2 cars,good luck next year.

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Welcome to the club,I take it that price is including vat,because they used to be £20k +vat.See you are just up the road from me,big step buying 2 cars,good luck next year.

The current price from RSUK is 33,800 Euro +VAT.

Banbury is only 35 mins away.

Yeah buying 2 cars is a big step, but a step the team are more than ready for, and with the ladder system in the team, many of the drivers we have in other Championships will graduate to the Clio Cup in the next few years.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Clio Cup Race Car x2
Nice one, so glad you're trying to involve us :D

It's a pleasure.

The way we see it is you guys are as passionate about your Clio Sports as we are about Motor racing. So it seems logical to try and involve forum members as much as possible.

We are having a meeting this evening with the second driver. Once that's confirmed I will post on here with names etc.

There's also a new website being constructed along with details of some of the things we have planned for "supporters" throughout the season.

Having spoken to one of the Admins, I am awaiting some forum stickers which will be proudly displayed on the cars, transporters and anything else that stays still long enough for me to apply one ;)

In turn we hope to be able forum members some fantastic opportunities :)

Thank you all once again for the support you are already showing

welcome. are these stickers 2ft x 1ft so we can see them clearly when watching you guy's race on the tv?? lol.;);)

look forwad to some pictures, good luck for next year.