ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Turbo...Warning picture heavy!!

Passat TDi
Right thought it would be good to start a progress thread on here as a place to keep track of the car plus its always good to look back over what you've done. This is my first clio and bit of an odd situation as to how I came about owning it, basically decided I wanted a new toy this year after previously owning a 200sx and quite liking that I was pretty set on a R33 skyline, But after looking into it bang for your buck didn't really seem worth it, having built and owned a cammed and throttle bodied 106 I decided I would go down the french hot hatch route....

So I came on clio sport and started to browse as I didn't want another pug and while browsing the classifieds a turbo kit came up I had no car but the price seemed ok so took a punt on it and bought it, then I set about looking for an ecu after putting a wanted thread up for a gen 90, I was contacted by a certain Andyrg and he offered me a better option using adaptronic management so after chatting on the phone it was decided that I would buy the edu etc through Andy and he would build the rest of the car and luckily DTM cars had a couple of clio cups in stock Andy recommended one and it was a done deal.

The car is currently with Andy just having the last finishing touches done and I will be collecting it Wednesday, I think its fair to say Andy's had some issues with the build along the way due to using an old turbo but testament to his workmanship he battled on worked out all the niggly bits and kept me updated with pics along the way.

The car made 227bhp / 208ftlb yesterday on EFI's rollers which I'm pretty pleased with on a gt25 turbo. Hopefully it will last the summer and who knows what next winter will bring.

I will post a few pics of some of my old cars and some of the new toy hopefully I will get out on some track days with people on here throughout the year.

Sorry for the wall of text. :p

One of my old R5's
P1011257.jpg

GTi6 engine 205
375224_10150407728375805_508135804_8465514_1645462651_n.jpg

And then the 106
P1013483.jpg

P1013796.jpg

And then the clio
1653668_10152017126580805_1900792553_n.jpg

IMG-20140413-WA0001.jpg

will upload more once I get the car!

work for BMW
Is my browser not working properly, I can only see 6 pics and it says warning picture heavy?

Love that Renault 5 it's my dream car :)

Passat TDi
Is my browser not working properly, I can only see 6 pics and it says warning picture heavy?

Love that Renault 5 it's my dream car :)

No to be honest I was going to put more pics up of my old cars but then I though it seemed boring and not really related, I will endeavour to put enough pictures etc up once the car arrives to warrant the thread title :p

Trophy Turbo :)
Yeah this has been a battle. To the point that I've said it before and ill say it again I won't ever fit used parts again. Lol.

Got there in the end tho with bloody sweat and tears! :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
You've had some great little cars and I'm sure the Turbo'd Cup will be great when Andy has finished it for you

Clio 172, Pug 106
Awesome.... another turbo'd clio too look at and tempt me further!!

The r5 looks awesome!

Clio 172
Ross, I remember you from my 106 days! You were at practical performance car in the park at Mallory Park back in 2011 were you not?! That 106 of yours was brilliant. Glad to see you are still playing around and making fast silly French cars! :p

Jack

Clio 172
I was on there a fair bit, didn't really do many events or shows with that forum though. Was more involved with the 106 Rallye Register during my ownership of the Rallye's and Saxos. How long did you have the XS for and when were you in the forum? I left in around 2012!

Jack

Clio 172, Pug 106
I probably left around the same time as i got my flamer april 2012!
this was my XS.... i had it about 7 or so years haha!
24930_10150122621305277_710410276_11421548_7600075_n.jpg

Clio 172, Pug 106
haha my mate took that pic, its the only one i could find on my laptop!
i think i remember the rallye!! i didnt go on there that much, did FCS once, think was 2011

Passat TDi
Ross, I remember you from my 106 days! You were at practical performance car in the park at Mallory Park back in 2011 were you not?! That 106 of yours was brilliant. Glad to see you are still playing around and making fast silly French cars! :p

Jack

Ha yeah I remember you Jack didn't realise you were on here! Yeah it's like a bug I can't give it up, yeah Justin I was on 106 owners I went to a Prescott hill climb event with them a few years back think it was pugfest, it was my pictures from that day that were used for the feature in performance French car mag did either of you go to yhst?

Clio 172
I was going to head along to that but didn't make it in the end! I think I remember seeing your pictures though Ross009, I remember you getting some good ones at Ppc as well when we were there!

Jack

Clio 172
You doing any trackdays etc this year?

Not sure just yet, summer is fast approaching and iv not been in a position to get anything booked with moving house and getting a new job. If I do attend any it will probably be as a passenger/Photographer now because the rallye got sold a couple of years back and my clio isn't really in a state to be tracked with out some sort of catastrophic fail! I want to do Oulton this summer as its on my door step so would be a cheap ish day. Are you thinking of doing any? Be good to come see the new Cup Turbo out on track!

Jack

Looking forward to seeing more of the 172 cup turbo progress. You've had some nice looking motors... but that 106 looks amazing, I really like it! :approve:

Passat TDi
Not sure just yet, summer is fast approaching and iv not been in a position to get anything booked with moving house and getting a new job. If I do attend any it will probably be as a passenger/Photographer now because the rallye got sold a couple of years back and my clio isn't really in a state to be tracked with out some sort of catastrophic fail! I want to do Oulton this summer as its on my door step so would be a cheap ish day. Are you thinking of doing any? Be good to come see the new Cup Turbo out on track!

Jack

I think I will be doing some yeah just need to sort a few bits like new brake fluid, better pads maybe some coilovers and should be good to go will let you know!

Looking forward to seeing more of the 172 cup turbo progress. You've had some nice looking motors... but that 106 looks amazing, I really like it! :approve:

Thanks mate its probably the only car i regret selling!

FF Artic 182
I remember your 106, not sure where maybe Fcs or Pugfest but I know that plate lol.
And Masons Rallye

Clio 172
Little reunion going on in here!!
Whetty - does Azza have a Clio sport now that his ginger 3 stud has become a dedicated hill climb car?! Is he on here as well? Iv not been on "106moaners" for a while now! should really check in

Last edited:
  FF Artic 182
Little reunion going on in here!!
Whetty - does Azza have a Clio sport now that his ginger 3 stud has become a dedicated hill climb car?! Is he on here as well? Iv not been on "106moaners" for a while now! should really check in
He is on here, has a 172 cup iirc. Although he's not on here often, spends alot of time on 106 moaners and a few more technically helpful forums.. almost certain he has the same username on here too.

Passat TDi
This is going up for sale as I can't keep all my toys so unfortunately it's this that I'm going to sell

Passat TDi
No I know but I just don't think I'm going to use it.... I'll no doubt regret it but I need something super economic to commute as it's 75 miles each way