ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio epic fail.

why feel sorry for the guy he's clearly a muppet, fair enough if he was a little old women getting ripped off but the guy isn't even bothered about it.

I wouldn't be suprised if he's the type of bloke that falls for them Nigerian cash monies scam, might see if I can get his email addy....

Cupra
Poor kid. When he does face it, he is going to feel absolutely gutted!

He needs his dad to give him a clip around the ear and to take the car back (if still possible)

DCi 100
ocuk-sig2.jpg

Cool sig a guy in there has btw ^

Why didn't he just get a ph1 or somethin for 700/800 quid?

The points made that no one cares about what you drink when your young, fair enought if the guy wants something more than the average banger, but atleast save up and be smart about it, even if it does cost alot. Now he's going to go from a young guy driving a decent car, to an older guy driving an older and older craper and craper car, while paying alot for it.

Looking to buy Clio 172
I do have to say though that in contrast to what i said about my friend, when i got my 182 the dealers couldn't have been nicer or more helpfull, even though my 182 was the cheapest car in the showroom along side aston martins, porsche's and mercs the guys still took 15 minutes to get the car out from the middle of the showroom so i could test drive it there and then.....never pushed the sale once and when i went to pick it up it had been Mot'd, serviced, taxed,valeted, v5 sent off in my name and he even sourced me out some genuine RenaultSport mats too......so it goes to show that some traders will go out of their way to help you :)

Or they were just glad to get rid of it to put another Aston in the showroom :D.

Sounds like you may have found one of the few decent dealers.

None
Or they were just glad to get rid of it to put another Aston in the showroom :D.

Sounds like you may have found one of the few decent dealers.

Lol....never thought of that one

I was also lucky because my friend's mother had bought from this garage so it's always good to know someone who bought from the garage where you're thinking of buying from too....makes the process a little easier.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Poor chap. He's getting ripped on there.

I wonder if he'll be joining the club any time soon.

I imagine by the time he's paid this finance off he'll be sick of clios and won't be wanting a cs.

They are pretty harsh on ocuk, but he has been tremendously stupid, paying well over the odds on a basic 1.2 clio with a huge interest rate. Very foolish indeed.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

Its insanely stupid of the guy but i have to say i feel f**king sorry for him.....surely his old man/brother/friends would have said wait a second.....as someone said in the thread i bet the sales person is fapping over it...sale of the century.

Golf 7R
All i see is the majority offering him advice, not "being a$$holes". Pretty ironic as well don't you think, coming from some Cliosport members. If the same thread had been posted here, the same ( if not worse ) flaming would have ensued!

The guy failed, end of! He went into Carcraft blinkered desperate for a car - signed on the dotted line - failed to ask about cooling off periods - ignored sky high extortionate apr figures - thinks he has bagged himself a bargain - paying what the car is worth on insurance - paying 4 years finance, to then realise the car is worth a grand - Owned!

Nissan 350z
^ Told you it was epic fail :)

I just dont understand his mentality of "i have s**t credit, i couldnt get finance" which is stupid as Carcraft arent a finance company so if they can get you finance then pretty much any dealer or garage will also be able to sort something out!

Anyway im glad to see the majority of people here also feel the same. OCuk is usually pretty kind when it comes to mistakes like this but even they arent deffending him.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My ex got a micra 3 months before I met her. 03 plate i'm sure it was going to cost her 10.5k by the time she had finished the finance!

Luckily she had met me and I got it fixed sharpish!

Sadly I met her and she fucked me not in a good way!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Please tell me you didn't pay over 3k for it.

It's not really a 'nice car' is it? It's a cheap first car that wasn't cheap, nor was it your first car.

I lol'd at that a wee bit...

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
My father is an independent dealer and is due to retire shortly with his integrity intact.

Actually he is fed up with dealing with the public. Calling at all hours and expect to view cars on a Sunday then not turning up.

All I am saying is they are not all bad. Arent builders worse !

Just to add he was a Renault main dealer in the 80' and 90's ......

Megane Mk4
Must have seen him coming..
Once over the new car when he saw it, the other from his wallet.

clio 3.
poor kid, and what a horrible forum, they all seem to be w*nkers.

well no there not.. there just saying it as it is , but some are better at putting the point across than others. but lets be honest if you post anything on any open forun expect at less 50% to say your a muppet..., but I un-ushally agree with fox on this one, he got well and tru'lly placed over a barrel.

what he's got is a really bad deal.

Elise S1 B&C 140
My mate did this at Carcraft too. Itried for the full 14 day cooling off period to get him to take it back and he wouldnt. Bought a 3 year old (w reg at the time) fiesta 1.25 zetec.

On the forecourt for £5295, got it for £5000, Financed at £38 per week over 5 years = total payable £9880

He was convinced it was a good deal based on the weekly payment - wouldnt listen to any advice. Soon believed me a year later when he was bored of it, it was worth about £3k and he still owed £8.5k ish

320d
I can't believe that. Over 9K for an expression. I got offered a brand new MK3 Dynamique TCE for £150 a month inc payment protection from Arnold Shark and they arn't exactly cheap.

I would have sold him mine for £2.5K and mines a better, and newer model.

Fail tbh.

I feel really sorry for the fella tbh, everyone I know who has taken large finance deals to get a car the want has always ended up regretting it.

Saddest thing is that he can't see the error of his ways, says about being 'happy' and whatnot but it will make him 'unhappy' when it dawns on him the scale of the c*ck up he has made.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
financial darwinism at its best. the guy is a fool

If he was a few years older he probably would have signed himself up for a 7xincome, interest only mortgage. that would have hurt him more. Hopefully he's learnt a lesson, but he doesn't seem to like taking advice.

Clio 182FF
Even though he's done a stupid thing it's his own fault at the end of the day. He should have realised that it was a s**t deal and walked away. Even Renault's finance is better than that...

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Just read the whole thread.

That kid symbolises everything that is wrong with Britain today, he thinks everything can be bought on credit today and paid for tomorrow without thinking of the consequences. Isn't that why we are in the credit crunch? Toxic debt etc...

He was desperate for a car and was willing to enter into any kind of deal/contract. Did it not tell him something when every other high street bank refused him? they were trying to protect him from himself! lol