ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Gone, Corolla In

Astra Twintop
Picked her up from Basingstoke this morning.
Been out in it since then.
Few photos when I got it home.

A different world from the Clio, no rattles, don't feel every lump in the road.

Supercharger whine is very very addictive!

164843_10150371507670247_651620246_16875605_5988895_n.jpg

165730_10150371507510247_651620246_16875602_8307943_n.jpg

168467_10150371507305247_651620246_16875599_6549327_n.jpg

180195_10150371506905247_651620246_16875591_7552965_n.jpg

I'll pop along to any local meets (If I'm still welcome!!!)

Astra Twintop
Ive not driven a clio sport, so not entirely sure.

Coming from a 1600 Clio, its like a different animal.

218 BHP and im not sure on the torque

Im quite liking the wheels at the moment, altho cleaning them may well change my view!!

S4 Avant
Never even heard of one until just now!

Seeing one on the road, I'd never expect it to keep up with me, so must be a giggle to drive!

Astra Twintop
Never even heard of one until just now!

Seeing one on the road, I'd never expect it to keep up with me, so must be a giggle to drive!

That is the EXACT reason why I bought it, no one knows the exist, there a small badge under "Corolla" that tells you it's charged.

Power is just there always, and the 8200RPM redline helps............. (I bottled it at 6k)

Just blend in with everyone else, all go and very little show!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
thats what they all say

im going to keep this one standard

3 weeks later...

So ive taken the rear bench out, removed the sound deadening and 50% of the loom. added coilies, removed the skins off all the door panels and stuck in 2 bucket seats. the spare tyre has come out too as its much too much weight and im getting rid of the heater matrix.

going to put a roll cage in so need to loose more weight to compensate....

oh yeah and its never going to see a track day in its life.

S4 Avant
That is the EXACT reason why I bought it, no one knows the exist, there a small badge under "Corolla" that tells you it's charged.

Power is just there always, and the 8200RPM redline helps............. (I bottled it at 6k)

Just blend in with everyone else, all go and very little show!

Don't blame you buying it for that reason, must scream nicely!

Supercharger whine is addictive, I want badly.

Ph1 172
nice sleepers these. They are very rare, sure there is only a few hundred made/in the country or something. id have one.

cant speak for these but the lower spec more common one, the NASP one are supposed to be fairly quick but handle like a boat. they are about 180bhp ish i think.

no doubt be a lot better built than the clio but half as chuckable.

Astra Twintop
Handles really well, chucked it about a little already, and it did seem very well planted.

Already comes lowered on eibach's from the factory.

Charger makes for great fun!

Astra Twintop
Looks nice, how does it handle?

You're still welcome at meets, would be bit hypocritical from me otherwise!

Very very planted, still getting used to it

(Forgetting i have 6 gears)

Gave it some welly thorough some reasonable twisty's and it did took them with little to no roll............

Real test to come when I've gotten used to her!

07 Campus Sport 1.2
i actually like this! similar shape to the older shaped civics but with its own look, its pretty good looking. and with the super its obviously quick!

182FF
Old man had one, poor mid-range and handling (his opinion) nicer place to be tha a Clio and supercharger sound :rasp:

320d
Uncle has a Na one, from new in 2004 never one thing wrong. Not anywhere near as much of a hot hatch as my 172 but for a person who likes cars with low running costs and a bit of pace, can not argue!

Milltek'd clio 182
nearly bought one of these as they was one group cheaper than the clios, but i thought what the heck go for a clio 182 lol, nice motors, there disguised as an old mans car but there prtty nippy, from the specs that ive read, anyway nice motor fella

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has one. One has a charged one and the other na and there's really naff all difference in them. Oh and I hope you've got deep pockets..lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awful looking thing IMO, but it's not my car.

They're supposedly expensive to run, too. Weird considering they're not all that quick.