ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Gone, Corolla In

I knew a guy that had one of these, it was at Toyota more than on his drive. Had literally 1000s spent on it (thankfully under warranty). He did like the car when it worked but he worked at an airport and when it wouldn't start at 3am he wasn't impressed.

Warranty ran out and he got shot, shortly after needed a new steering rack :S

Number plate was very close to yours too, just checked but it's not the same car thankfully lol.

Evo 5 RS
lol, sounds like saltyhair off here ^. He had one and the supercharger needed rebuilding (as a lot of them did) took him several visits to the dealer to get them to stop trying to bypass the real problem (basically so his warranty expired by the time the charger gave up)

Was BARELY quicker than my ph1 when it was standard and unwell and it has terrible flat spots.

Sorry lol Looks mint and the interior is quite nice.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Not a fan at of the look at all. Wheels are terrible and interior looks well put together but abit dull.

Bet it goes well though.

Astra Twintop
A whole world from the Clio.

I never really considered a 1*2 as I've had one Clio, and really didn't fancy another even.

Wanted something a bit more "grown up" so to speak.

Im also six foot plus, and the Clio was a bit of a squeeze.

Corolla is such a nicer place to be, more refined, and its got plenty of poke when I put my foot down.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
With out having to rev the nuts out of the engine ;)

A whole world from the Clio.

I never really considered a 1*2 as I've had one Clio, and really didn't fancy another even.

Wanted something a bit more "grown up" so to speak.

Im also six foot plus, and the Clio was a bit of a squeeze.

Corolla is such a nicer place to be, more refined, and its got plenty of poke when I put my foot down.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate tbh, cracking all round car imo.

The SC noise is not for everyone and also I thought the wheels were different those ones actually.

Swift Sport
I like the stealth/sleeper concept, I guess that's part of the reason I got an Ignis. I'd like to have a go in one, it certainly sounds good. Some of the opinions and stories on here are quite off-putting though!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't EVO magazine send the one they had as a long-termer back to Toyota shortly after it arrived?

IIRC no one wanted to drive it, ever, so they told Toyota to come pick it up. Seems it misses the mark by quite a margin in a lot of areas.

Astra Twintop
Thought I'd get mixed opinions on it really.

I'm stupidly chuffed with it, just blend in with the rest of the world. Getting on a bit now, wanted something comfy!

And I love the charger whine.

Not yet used all of the 8200 revs available to me yet!

Evo 5 RS
You should matey as 8200 (bang on the limiter) is where all the power is lol ;)

You gotten fed up of knocking it into reverse by accident yet? lol

Astra Twintop
You should matey as 8200 (bang on the limiter) is where all the power is lol ;)

You gotten fed up of knocking it into reverse by accident yet? lol

Not ever knocked it into reverse, read about that, and you have to really push it across to put it in reverse. And it beeps to let you know your in reverse anyway.
Useful feature.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
One of those odd cars. I can see why people buy them. I can't see why an enthusiast would buy one.

TBF the 182 also sounds like it's about to throw a rod when revved past 6000rpm.

I don't like that car at all I'm afraid. Each to their own and all that though.

Astra Twintop
.......For a very good reason

I've had my fun in a Clio, as above, didn't fancy the same build quality in the same car with a bigger engine.

I'm happy, and I like the fact the car doesn't attract any attention.

Bus w**ker
There's one of these at the end of my road, I thought it was just a Corolla but with an aftermarket exhaust on until my friend at Toyota told me what it was. I personally really like these, be good to have a proper look around one :)

Evo 5 RS
TBF the 182 also sounds like it's about to throw a rod when revved past 6000rpm.

I don't like that car at all I'm afraid. Each to their own and all that though.

lol this is true they really don't like being revved like some engines do. nearer over 7 and it sounds like its saying please can we stop it now :(

The compressor ZZ is a very different animal in the sense than when you're at 8k revs it sounds fairly awesome, but you just don't get the sense of speed or the smile you get from the Clio! Same goes for the slower T-Sport model.. it's very deceptive speed, but also cnutishly boring

Uprated intercooler should see you to 240bhp ;D

Astra Twintop
I love how any car that's rarer than a Clio must be s**t, but any car more common is too common.

My clio was lowered, so it didn't help with road noise, neither did the K-tec Exhaust.

Corolla is just a nicer place to be.

And Im sure you get comments with the RS, as you don't see THAT many of them?

Well, I don't around here.

LOL. Yeah I get attention all the time in the Focus, despite the fact that everyone on CS sees 12 per day, and they are common, kitted up STs ;)

Leon Cupra 300
I like it tbh.. Bit like my ST, blends in quite well till you put your foot down and everyone turns round.

I'd have one in black.

a thirsty one
i was booked in to test drive one of these when brand new and btw the price was much less than £19k i think they struggled to get rid so was offering a good discount at the dealers it was one of the last few knocking about but as i turned up for my pre booked test drive someone had just been out in it for a drive and bought it.

maybe mixed blessings but nice q car and it can be mapped etc for extra poke and remove flatspots (fensport)?

Swift Sport
Anyone remember the GT-Four'd Corolla on the Max Power DVD? The one that ruined everything in a straight drag race!?