ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio has a lucky escape!!

Clio 172
Today at work some guy with an Audi decided putting his handbrake on while going shopping was too much effort, so he left it off. His car rolled all the way across the car park gathering speed. i looked up in time to see it mount a curb at speed and smash into a post sparing my Clio an ugly dent.

"this is a customer announcement, would the owner of a red Audi A5 . . ."

01052009152.jpg

This is just before he reversed it off to inspect the damage.

What an idiot ! I don't like A5's at all (I think i'm the only one who doesn't though)

As said, thankd god for posts !

Clio 172
Its well lucky it didn't roll into anything! those pipes coming out the ground at the front of my car are vents for the fuel tanks under the ground. thats what those posts are built to protect. if one of those pipes got snapped off and their was a spark it would have been lights out for me!

Golf GT TDI
Its well lucky it didn't roll into anything! those pipes coming out the ground at the front of my car are vents for the fuel tanks under the ground. thats what those posts are built to protect. if one of those pipes got snapped off and their was a spark it would have been lights out for me!

yeh thats it lol:eek:

Nahh ;) When a workshop burnt down at the back of our garage the tank vents were on fire:cool:

Clio 172
Nahh ;) When a workshop burnt down at the back of our garage the tank vents were on fire:cool:

lol, sounds crazy!

i said it would be lights out if they pipes were snapped off, if they were snapped the non return valves wouldnt be there to stop the flame travelling down the pipe to the main tank.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
He'd have to be travelling hell of a speed to go through the post, Clio and manage to snap the pipes! lol

lol, sounds crazy!

i said it would be lights out if they pipes were snapped off, if they were snapped the non return valves wouldnt be there to stop the flame travelling down the pipe to the main tank.
Theres one before the tank no? Ours had them but they did nothing.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Lucky escape! Did you do something good recently? People always mention karma when something bad happens, maybe its working for you this time lol

How much damage to the Audi?

What an idiot ! I don't like A5's at all (I think i'm the only one who doesn't though)

As said, thankd god for posts !

I'm with you, I've never liked the A5 either.

Clio 172
Do you work at a petrol station then?

Car looks great on those MK3 wheels!

Yeah, i manage an independent Texaco petrol station.

thanks for the comment about the wheels. i got them refurbished and then had some new tires put on. i think they suit the car.

Lucky escape! Did you do something good recently? People always mention karma when something bad happens, maybe its working for you this time lol

How much damage to the Audi?

Lol, i can't remember if i've done something good recently.

there wasn't much damage to the Audi at all to be honest. i was expecting quite a bit of damage for the speed it was going and the noise it made when it hit.

Theres one before the tank no? Ours had them but they did nothing.

There isnt one directly in front of the pipes, probably would be a good idea if there was. when we get a fuel delivery you can hear the petrol fumes rushing out the top of the pipes as the tanks under the ground fill up.

Last edited:
Yeah, i manage an independent Texaco petrol station.

thanks for the comment about the wheels. i got them refurbished and then had some new tires put on. i think they suit the car.

Lol, i can't remember if i've done something good recently.

there wasn't much damage to the Audi at all to be honest. i was expecting quite a bit of damage for the speed it was going and the noise it made when it hit.

There isnt one directly in front of the pipes, probably would be a good idea if there was. when we get a fuel delivery you can hear the petrol fumes rushing out the top of the pipes as the tanks under the ground fill up.
:dead: No smoking then ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
They have button handbrakes iirc, so he probably pressed it the wrong way, lol.

Yeah, thats right. My old man has an A5. Hes had nothing but trouble with the handbrake not activating properly, sometimes it says handbrake malfunction the onboard computer other times it doesnt. Been into Audi several times for repair and still the fault keeps coming back.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
That's not luck. You just know how to pick your parking spaces!

Being guarded by posts ftw.