ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio II Dynamique 1.5dCi Power!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Yeah!

First time I've posted pics of the little monster - well impressed with it TBH - £35 a year tax, £25 a corner tyres, 65mpg all day long... Far cry away from £200 a weekend in the S2! It handles brilliantly, and does what it says on the tin! Miss Air Conditioning I guess, but that's it!

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

Clio 1.4RT
Thats a lovley blue. I'm tempted by these cars, I had a renault megane estate 1.5DCI as a company car for a few months, it was quite rapid. Should be better in the lighter Clio :)

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Cheers all - paint wasn't so hot when I got it, took some major love and tenderness to get it back to that! It had a fair few tar spots up both doors and rear panels, and it looked like someone had tried to sand them off! But 15 hours in total with a Porter-Cable and 3M Perfect-It pads and polishes got it good as new - followed by a buzz down with AG Super Resin Polish and then sealed with (5 layers) of Extra Gloss Protection. Wheels want refurbing at some point as they've used hammer on weights (doh!) but other than that the car is in pretty good nick.

Paid a hell of a premium on it at £6k from a Stealers (although with 2 years warranty with them), full tank, 12 months Tax and MOT and just had it's accessory belt done and chain checked. at the 36k service.

Runs sweet, inside is alright (smoked in, but I'll be wet-vacuuming the seats over the christmas period) apart from the melted steering wheel and it'll hopefully last me years! The £25 tyres are Michelins, the joys of having weenie wheels!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive had mine for just over a month now and i love it, costs nothing to run its awesome.

ive owned a 1.2 dynamique and can say this thing handled closer to my 172 than it does the 1.2 dynamiques, its awesome, steering is brilliant, less bodyroll its brilliant! mine just needs a decent set of tyres!

A well built VW
ive had mine for just over a month now and i love it, costs nothing to run its awesome.

ive owned a 1.2 dynamique and can say this thing handled closer to my 172 than it does the 1.2 dynamiques, its awesome, steering is brilliant, less bodyroll its brilliant! mine just needs a decent set of tyres!

Seconded love mine - £6k seems a lot of money tho but it will pay for itself in the long run ENJOY

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Seconded love mine - £6k seems a lot of money tho but it will pay for itself in the long run ENJOY

yeah deffo i payed just over £1500 for my 143k minter lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
edde, not got the workshop manual for dci cambelt have you? doing mine this month, not got much experiance with belts/timing etc so would rather have the guide.

edde, not got the workshop manual for dci cambelt have you? doing mine this month, not got much experiance with belts/timing etc so would rather have the guide.

I've got it at work drop me an email eddeuk at yahoo.co.uk and when i get a moment I'll send it to you just remember to write in the email what you want got a laod of them to sort tomorrow.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
id like a shot to see how quick these feel, i was genuinely impressed with the performance of my dci65, i was coming onto the motorway the other day and it was doing just under a tonne and i was still on the sliproad!!

im getting the urge to map it, tryed to tell myself 1000 times its just a runaround no need for 4 eagle F1s and a remap lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
i had a go of my mates 65 and i was very impressed not far off the 80 in my opinion,i love my diesel its cost virtually nothin to run all year barring the insurance, deffo thinking of getting it mapped, tdi developments want 650 for a custom map or AMD want 300 for preloaded map. anyone had this done?:)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
i had a go of my mates 65 and i was very impressed not far off the 80 in my opinion,i love my diesel its cost virtually nothin to run all year barring the insurance, deffo thinking of getting it mapped, tdi developments want 650 for a custom map or AMD want 300 for preloaded map. anyone had this done?:)

I had a problem free dci 80, serviced it every 6k miles. Remapped it and the problems began. Personally I prefered the "100% throttle 100% of the time with no problems" than the extra power a remap gave.

A standard 80 is comfortably quicker than the 65 aswell. But then it's not really the reason you buy a car like this. I really miss mine tbh. Used to be able to do 100mph and still get a decent mpg.