ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III Dynamique S 138 Light Detail - 56k No!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Righty, before I start unfortunately this one was on strict time constraints - it's the old dear's fairly unloved Clio III Dynamique S and whilst she can use mine, I wouldn't see it back until 8 tonight and could do with it before then! So started it on Saturday lunchtime, but was on hold yesterday as I was up in Cheshire. This morning, I had until 1pm to finish the job as follows!

Start off pictures - it's a pretty sorry state. It doesn't get cleaned very often as I'm rarely around to do it and she doesn't get time.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Start off with the interior - just a quick once over as it was only a few weeks ago I stripped it all out. Vacuumed the carpets, the seats, and give the leather a wipe down with Gliptone Liquid Leather Conditioner. Dashboard was done with Poorboy's World Natural Look Dressing, as was all of the plastics and trim.

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Outside, thorough spray of the wheels with the Karcher

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

And a dousing with Meguiars Wheel Brightener

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Before another blast down with the Karcher, leaving them shiny. Not bothered with the insides I'm afraid, as to have them off would kill my time budget!

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

On with the paintwork. Reminding ourselves of the state of the outside:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

I started by giving it a gentle dousing with the Karcher, before turning up the boost and getting as much off as I could. Then, on with the Snow Foam:

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

And on with the soapy suds, courtesy of a 50:50 mix of Meguiars Hyper Wash and Shampoo Plus. I've used this mix more recently as it seems to work fairly well at getting all the dirt off, and is very well lubricated. And after a thorough rinsing:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

And dry:

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

Now on with the masking tape for the end of Saturday.

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

On to this morning, and a shot of the sort of thing that plagues the paint on the car:

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

And starting off, Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish on a 3M Orange pad:

DSC_0061.jpg

And the roof after being worked in 4 seperate sections:

DSC_0076.jpg

Nearside shot:

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

Wiped off:

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

And a finishing buff with Autoglym Super Resin Polish on a 3M Blue Perfect-It pad:

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

And to finish off (sorry, time was short so didn't get any pictures of me doing it!) I gave it a coat of Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, gave the wheels a buff over with Jeff's Werkstat Prime Strong and the tyres a wipe of Blackfire Tyre Gel and the trim pieces were dressed in Poorboy's World Trim Restorer.

The result?

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

She's happy, and I'm happy - so hey! All is well, although it's been hard work!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks very good :)

Never see the point in jet washing wheels etc does nothing in my experience unless there proper muddy.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
very nice work mate.
You meg looks very smart also, and 400lb/ft you serious! that must be a rocket in gear.

2008 Albi 197
Isn't that a 1.6 with the canasta alloys? Unless someone changed the wheels over....

Well spotted though!

Last edited:
  Mégane RS
its def a 138 as Nocturne is exclusive to the 138 and it has the 138 interior, no idea why it has canastas and not lyria's though

Better than yours. C*nt.
One of (if not the) first 138s, so not sure if that makes a difference - it's also got a huge spec list as it was the dealer's 'christmas tree'.

I actually prefer her wheels myself, but they can be a bit of a pain to clean! However I can assure you it is a 138 Dynamique S...

MKIII 138
it's also got a huge spec list as it was the dealer's 'christmas tree'.

I actually prefer her wheels myself, but they can be a bit of a pain to clean! However I can assure you it is a 138 Dynamique S...

nice detail, i prefer the proper clio 138 wheels tbh, also fully specced but no climate ??

anyways look good, how much do you charge lol