ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Interior: Doesnt wear well?

is it just me who thinks this, my cars only an 04, not even 3yr old and only done 30K but bits of it are wrecked.

for example, drivers side dash strip is all scored and marked on the edge where the last owner musta wrecked it with the key, my plastic sill trim is scratched deeply in 3 places, my silver seatbelts are bogging, got black marks on them and turning beige, the car just got a new gearknob as the silver insert on the last 1 was chipped through to the black underplastic in places, and the new 1 has already started doing this, and my steering wheel, has 1 nick on the leather, white dots all over it, and is fading just below the airbag, and the airbag itself is fading, the anthracite colour is fading to yellowy white in places.

grrrrrrrr my old 1997 Astra had less interior imperfections than this, and my old 2002 reg P206 was as new inside. is it just me being careless thats making the inside go like this or is it rubbish materials, guessing the latter as some parts have been wrecked since I got the car, as stated above.

anyone else notice this?

Its built to a budget just like most things there days and it quite good realy I'm imprseed with much of the build quality for cost vs other manurfacturers.

Chelsea tractor
Some of my plastic is scratched but that's mainly from lugging a couple of people and 5/6 snowboards around Europe at various points over the past few years lol

Of course it's never going to stay immaculate if it gets used!!

53 Clio's & counting
i dont think mines too bad for 102k mate,iv got a few scratches here and there tho,maybe they scratch a lil then dont get any worse lol

A4 Avant
On my previous trophy my car keys plastic key fob marked the plastic cowling around the ignition. I had to take the keyrings off!

RenaultSport 197
Suprised you haven't mentioned the rattles yet either. My interior has been well looked after, but then again im the second owner and I treat it to a vacuum and dash wipe down every weekend and nobody smokes or eats in my car. The only marks I have are on the metal strip by the key ignition where keys have scratched it before going into the ignition. Done 39k now and the only other minor marks I have are from melted chocolate (which can be sponged out) lol.

well as I said, my silver drivers side dash strip is/was quite badly scratched, my silver gearknob insert was peeled off to the bare black plastic underneath and my steering wheel/airbag has major fading

I thought the above 3 were pretty common Clio II wear items, seems its just my heap of junk then.

I agree the interior will wear out with use, but it seems to me to be odd/weird/uncommon things that are getting worn on my interior, that for example you could check the condition of in cars down the scrappy and they'd stil be more mint than mine.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines done nearly 60k and is alright for the age i think.