ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

An orange one
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Those column mounted paddles are crap! And it just seems to understeer a lot!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Didn't suggest that, but if you say so...

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

After watching that video I absolutely love it now. Bar the front arch gap of course, and the fact that Renault have gone from the black wheels/grey centre cap problem on the 200s to grey wheels/black centre caps. The seats don't look as supportive as previous versions, but until I've driven one I won't know.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Looks good to me, in red with all the good options please.

Peddled device

First impressions from the press releases are that I don't think it looks impressive in a sporty manner. It doesn't give me that feeling that I want it. I bought the 182 Cup, selling my 172 Cup, because I loved the RB colour and wheels. It still gives me a buzz to look at it now, but the new one looks big, the height of the bonnet looks odd (I know why its so high) and it just looks like any other car in its class.

Just watching that video now....

Ok...first thing he says is " Its fast. Its got USB and Bluetooth"

FFS...not a good start........

Peddled device

He's got a smug look on his face...as if to say " I have just made this new Clio myself out of bread !"

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Exactly, I'm glad someone else agrees

Peddled device

Ok...watched it.

There's no doubt its better quality, faster, handles better, pulls better, has better cup holders and views from the windows. But it looks like the Megane's half-brother with a big nose. The inside looks great, but the outside just shouts "We've made it as sporty as we can, but it had to pass safety regs so sorry, but it doesn't look as good as it goes".

When I bought my 172 Cup, I still had my 205 GTi. Parked next to each other, the Pug look whimpy, small, under weight...the 172 looks like it had pumped iron. But it still looked sporty...unlike this new Clio RS.

Overall.....great effort, but its lost that Va Va Voom of hornyness.

320d M Sport
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

I hope that the members on here, who are admin, or at least long standing members that are talking this up will put their money where their mouths are and order this. If such individuals are talking this up to trick others into parting with their money for ulterior motives, then shame on you.

This thread, from certain perspectives, reads like an advert for Renault and to be honest i think its pretty shameful.

Pretty sure Renault aren't arsed about what people on here say!

I hope that the members on here, who are admin, or at least long standing members that are talking this up will put their money where their mouths are and order this. If such individuals are talking this up to trick others into parting with their money for ulterior motives, then shame on you.

This thread, from certain perspectives, reads like an advert for Renault and to be honest i think its pretty shameful.

Are you high?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

No it is just a guy who was banned from cs years ago and pretty much every other car forum due to being problematic coming back to cs with numerous users. Gets real boring. Surprised admin haven't got rid of him yet tbh.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

LOL.

What?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Bit like your last post then really.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Are you for real?

Comedy gold, right there ^^^

Titanium 182

So if the Clio RS is now too boring and family-sized, time to jump ship to TwingoSport.net, right?

PM Boosh. He gets a tenner for each car sold, so it's in his interests to know.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I thought you knew it all though?

172, Tiguan

106 pages? Really!

104 now. Lol.

Last edited:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

Has to be said on that vid the 80+20% extra down force bit made me chuckle a bit... As well as bass reflex bit...

Is it just me or does that vid seem to purposely try and hide the camera angles showing the 5 door look!?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

I drove a semi auto Audi with flappy paddles today. Drove like s**t but the toys were ace and the paddles were novelty... Can't wait to test the flappy paddles on the clio.

fingers crossed they last longer than the r-link I broke a couple of weeks back.

Just lol at changing down at 7k... Don't you know the new one only revs to ~6.5k!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

I drove a semi auto Audi with flappy paddles today. Drove like s**t but the toys were ace and the paddles were novelty... Can't wait to test the flappy paddles on the clio.

fingers crossed they last longer than the r-link I broke a couple of weeks back.

Just lol at changing down at 7k... Don't you know the new one only revs to ~6.5k!

I was being flippant lol

Anyway, I'm really liking it now. It'll be brilliant, just like every other RenaultSport....maybe