ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

sorry, I only came in on the last page... And my response was kind of a joke in itself

its ok mate, a few posts by some clown got deleted, so a few things from the last page or two wont make sense lol :)

IIRC Bass Reflex was a marketing term first coined in the early eighties. That, with 100% downforce, and fusion reactor hover car engine noises, does anyone truly not understand why some people are struggling to take this car seriously? I mean, like, really?

Clio 200

Hardly a key factor.why would a 21 year old want to buy a 4 door car, that has nothing standing out on it.I.e flared arches, Recaro's etc.i knew I wouldn't want to buy this soon as it revealed spec and pictures. Whether it comes without that 'sound choice' gimmick.hardly a deciding factor.but because I've said I don't like it, I'm still wrong. Class
No you're not. I too consider a four door, semi-auto, average-looking car a no-no. I don't fit the 2.4 kids, family man category, so it's a no-brainer for me – glad I went for the last of the old breed.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

Can i please remind people that in order to have YOUR opinion heard, you first have to accept other people have an opinion that may not tally up with your own. This is normal, arguing the toss is not.. its actually pretty f**king thick.

You either like it or not, express these feelings by all means but for f**k sake stop fighting other peoples.

Fiesta ST-3

LOL @ the whingers.

It's a Renault Sport, it'll be great! I hope they have DLC for the sounds, although hover car as standard is mega lolz.

Can i please remind people that in order to have YOUR opinion heard, you first have to accept other people have an opinion that may not tally up with your own. This is normal, arguing the toss is not.. its actually pretty f**king thick.

You either like it or not, express these feelings by all means but for f**k sake stop fighting other peoples.

To be fair, I think you'll find that most of the ridicule is coming about because people are saying it's crap to drive, when no one here has driven it. Opinions are one thing, but when they're based on nothing other than idle speculation, then they're going to be cross examined. Especially in The Internet.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

To be fair, I think you'll find that most of the ridicule is coming about because people are saying it's crap to drive, when no one here has driven it. Opinions are one thing, but when they're based on nothing other than idle speculation, then they're going to be cross examined. Especially in The Internet.

Can I have an opinion that it looks odd?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Opinions on appearance are void until seen in the flesh iirc.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Balls!

what if I've seen a mk1v in the flesh and found it surprisingly good looking but still overall a bit poo?

Apologies if a re-post.

'Choose your own engine noise' errrr...

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mini Cooper S

Really like the look of it. The video review has put me right off now though.

ff cup ur 200

ill probably get pelters for being a whinger but this is my 1st post on the new rs and ive got to say im not excited about this car one bit, im currently on my third clio sport now having owned a 172 a 182 and ive currently got a full fat 200 cup with posh seats which never fails to put a smile on my face. now i really wanted this car to be good but for me personally that could never be the case with 5 doors and no manual gearbox option i cant for the life of me see why they didnt offer both as an option. megane for me next time shame really.

Last edited:

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

It seems to be quite soft, he looks as if he's correcting it a lot.

Launch control looks cool

Cupra

Prices in Holland have been published at €25,990. Cars here are mentally expensive, but its the same price as the cheapest 200 if you want to translate that to £.

clio diesel

Prices in Holland have been published at €25,990. Cars here are mentally expensive, but its the same price as the cheapest 200 if you want to translate that to £.

Currently 22530.32 BPS. Same as a focus then. Is this list price or post-tax price? I assume it is the latter?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Iirc i think CS admin had discussions with renault uk what thecprice should be. In BPS.

CLIO RS Sport 200

Does anybody know the size of the optional black 18" rims? Dimension 7.5x18? ET?
Regarding price: In france and Germany the price starts at 24´999 Euro. Option cup plus 800 Euro.

172, Focus

I'd have one, for these reasons.
Looks well equipped.
5 doors, very handy. As I've got older I can appreciate how useful 5 doors can be!
Doesn't look very shouty and in your face (what I like about my 172)
Looks as if it can be good for a laugh when you're in the mood and relatively comfy to drive when not in the mood (again, what I like about my 172)
If it can manage the above then it ticks my boxes for what a hot hatch should be, a everyday practical motor that can put a smile on your face when the need arises.

CLIO RS Sport 200

The new Clio 4 RS is becoming more and more a commercial car. It is no longer individual as the clio 3 RS. There is not difference in chassis regarding the normal Clio 4. This is due to Renault is performing lean management and is now in the same category like DS3 or Mini Cooper etc. No Recare option, no Brembo option but DSG. Even the car has 5 doors it is not possible for adults to use the seats. For kids it is fine. However I dont know a family having kids thinking of buying a hothatch.
There is an option to choose sound inside the car ...also CLIO 3 RS sound, space sound etc. I am looking forward to have a test dribe in late march. At this time I see not option to go away from my Clio 3 RS.
I am also member of the German forum www.cliors.de where we have a lot of discussions ongoing. Lets wait for the new CLIO 4 RS.
Does anybody know when the clio will be launched in the UK?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

The Clio RS 4 has an issue with the number "2".

2 Too many doors.

Only 2 Pedals.

I can just forgive the doors issue (Mondeos are available if you want 5 doors and to be social) but not the auto-box. I needs a manual.

Clio 200

ill probably get pelters for being a whinger but this is my 1st post on the new rs and ive got to say im not excited about this car one bit, im currently on my third clio sport now having owned a 172 a 182 and ive currently got a full fat 200 cup with posh seats which never fails to put a smile on my face. now i really wanted this car to be good but for me personally that could never be the case with 5 doors and no manual gearbox option i cant for the life of me see why they didnt offer both as an option. megane for me next time shame really.

I'm 100% with you on this. So expectant, but so disappointed.:(
PS – I too am enjoying the involving 200 with Cup and the proper seats. Maybe this is why we're so gutted with the next chapter.

Clio 200

It seems to be quite soft, he looks as if he's correcting it a lot.

Launch control looks cool

Agreed, on paper the launch control sounds great, but with that and the supposedly almost instantaneously better-than-human gear changes, we're only talking of 0.2 seconds quicker. I'd swap the 0.2 seconds for human involvement/skill any day.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Jeremy has just posted this:

Some more details for those interested:Engine difference from Juke = new inlet manifold, new turbo, sound pipe and different ECU (Continental not Hitachi)Paddles are made from aluminiumShift speed varies by mode selection but also by throttle opening.Fastest change time is 150ms, same as the fastest in the market, the Cayman S in Sport+ modeMonitor includes lap diagrams and timing and also allows download function on to USB stickEDC gearbox is sealed for lifeFront dampers include hydralic bump stops. Unique in this segment and are used on the Twingo and Clio R2 and R3. Damper has hydralic valve in it. This reduces the need for polyurethane bump stops and enables softer dampers (c.15% softer). They have less rebound and allow more contact with the road and therefore better traction/grip. These are one of the big breakthroughs in the new car. One engineer worked on these for two years to develop them for the road car. The problem encountered from rally carswas the noise that they generated that has now been overcome enabling firment to a road car.Rear diffuser provides 80% of the reduction in rear-end lift. The remaining 20% is provided by the rear spoiler.Steering has amore direct ratio v current 200

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Interesting about hydraulic bump stops...sounds as though it'll be night/day different.

Looking forward to the press reports on 14th to see if that's actually the case.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Is the 14th when someone actually gives us a report of how it drives?