ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

E92 325D
To be honest, I'm looking forward to turning my driving down a notch or two. I'm finding my current 200 a bit too highly strung to really enjoy on my commute. It's good, really good, but unless it's wound right up to ridiculous speeds it's not anything special.

Chris Lewis obviously, going by his info, doesnt have to live with the 200. I made the same comment and got the same responses. Luckily i dont do the 350mile a week commute i used to in mine anymore, but i still have to do it one week a month and i totally agree. Very highly strung for commuting. Perfect for when i want to play and drive like a tool...but around town and sitting in traffic it just ends up annoying me :)

Great decision, if i hadnt had so many issues with my 200 id consider part ex'ing for one, but that amount of tech in a renault scares me when they struggle with the mechanical side of things!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep. boring indeed. so obviously boring from a YouTube clip.

Black's the colour of choice I think, allows the silver tat to make sense rather than just clashing with everything.

[video=youtube_share;BlM4DsmRLmA]http://youtu.be/BlM4DsmRLmA[/video]

[video=youtube_share;Q9fX7dJAAtA]http://youtu.be/Q9fX7dJAAtA[/video]

clio diesel
Looks boring. What happens if you change down into reverse gear at 9000rpm in 6th? Will it let you do that?

The point is you cant, which is the point i was making. This was based on someone stating that the gearbox had a full manual mode. Which your statement nicely proves is false. You cant change down and put it too low a gear, hence it is computer controlled even in supposed 'full manual mode'

The gearbox is a semi-auto. It does not have a manual mode. There is no manual mode.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've decided you're either a troll or a r****d. Either way stfu.

The point is you cant, which is the point i was making. This was based on someone stating that the gearbox had a full manual mode. Which your statement nicely proves is false. You cant change down and put it too low a gear, hence it is computer controlled even in supposed 'full manual mode'

The gearbox is a semi-auto. It does not have a manual mode. There is no manual mode.

Manual mode obviously doesn't make it a manual transmission. It means you can command the gear changes that it makes. Obviously within certain boundaries to stop you blowing the welds on the intake with a careless slip of a finger. Did you really need to ask that question?

I've decided you're either a troll or a r****d. Either way stfu.

The two aren't mutually exclusive TBH.

Lotus Elise

Do you fully understand how the gearbox works? I think not.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
New CLIO CUP in white & Black ready for the tracks

It shall arrive in 2014 in the WSR (World Serie by Renault) championship

Lighter than a normal CLIO 4RS of course and with 220-230hp about

903857_445197378899044_1732256870_o.jpg

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I'll be f***ed if I don't like driving it.

It's a Renaultsport. Impressions gained so far say it drives very well and is playful enough when you want it to be. A few criticisms about the gearbox don't concern me, and I'm fine going to two pedals as that means I can work more on left foot braking.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to turning my driving down a notch or two. I'm finding my current 200 a bit too highly strung to really enjoy on my commute. It's good, really good, but unless it's wound right up to ridiculous speeds it's not anything special.

​Nailed it.

Just been trying to visualise the spoiler upside down on the roof of the Dartford tunnel, but my iPad keeps following me around when I try to tilt the pic.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

Yes there is a manual mode. Its a manual box!! Its dry clutch just like the one in your car, only difference is in your car a thick f**king squishy lump of flesh pushes sticks and leavers where in the New 200 EDC that bit is left to electronics and hydraulics.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just been trying to visualise the spoiler upside down on the roof of the Dartford tunnel, but my iPad keeps following me around when I try to tilt the pic.

Well I just done a headstand on my work desk and I can in fact tell you it will work.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
[h=1]GETRAG Powershift® 6DCT451 TRANSMISSION[/h][h=3]Front Wheel Drive, 6-speed, transverse, dual clutch transmission[/h]
0000001734.jpg

[h=4]KEY BENEFITS[/h]
  • Powershift combines all advantages of manual and automatic transmissions
  • Driving dynamics, no interruption of torque during shift thus excellent shift quality (sporty and comfortable)
  • Improved response and acceleration when compared to 6-speed automatics
  • Reduced fuel consumption thus less CO2 exhaust
  • increased efficiency
  • Fun to drive - direct feeling, crisp and quick response
  • Easy to adapt to gasoline and diesel gearsets
  • Support engine start-stop without additional hardware
[h=4]APPLICATIONS[/h]
  • Front Wheel driven and All Wheel driven vehicles in compact, medium size and upper medium size car segment as well as Sports Utility Vehicles
[h=4]KEY FEATURES[/h]
Max. Torque Capacity 450 Nm
Weight (dry) 81 kg
Installation length 397,7 mm
Input Shaft - Differential 197 mm
Gear Spread Ratio 5,17-7,88
Max. Gross Vehicle Mass/Gross Trailer Mass 2600 kg/4600 kg
Shifter System hydraulic shift actuation
Miscellaneous 3-shaft design
nested wet clutch system
integrated electronic controls
Options mild hybrid 6HDT451 at equal installation length
park-by-wire feasible

​Seriously, its pretty much a manual box. Automatic boxes don't have clutches.

Listerine & Poledo
That wing just made the car almost tolerable in my eyes.

Anyway, pretty sure manual cars, mostly, have some sort of h-gate stick and a 3rd pedal in the footwell. New Clio has neither, it can have as many clutches as it wants, it's still an auto.

Doesn't make it bad though.

Lotus Elise
That wing just made the car almost tolerable in my eyes.

Anyway, pretty sure manual cars, mostly, have some sort of h-gate stick and a 3rd pedal in the footwell. New Clio has neither, it can have as many clutches as it wants, it's still an auto.

Doesn't make it bad though.

its not though is it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Errr. It isn't. It's a dual clutch automatic with the option of user input (digital) to swap ratios.

I'm gonna buy one just to see if I can swap from 9000rpm in reverse, to 6th gear, in a pico second.

Or...it's a dual automatic clutched manual with the option of binary controlled automatic shifts.

GETRAG Powershift® 6DCT451 TRANSMISSION

Front Wheel Drive, 6-speed, transverse, dual clutch transmission

0000001734.jpg

KEY BENEFITS

• Powershift combines all advantages of manual and automatic transmissions
  • Driving dynamics, no interruption of torque during shift thus excellent shift quality (sporty and comfortable)
  • Improved response and acceleration when compared to 6-speed automatics
  • Reduced fuel consumption thus less CO2 exhaust
  • increased efficiency
  • Fun to drive - direct feeling, crisp and quick response
  • Easy to adapt to gasoline and diesel gearsets
  • Support engine start-stop without additional hardware
APPLICATIONS

• Front Wheel driven and All Wheel driven vehicles in compact, medium size and upper medium size car segment as well as Sports Utility Vehicles
KEY FEATURES

Max. Torque Capacity450 Nm
Weight (dry)81 kg
Installation length397,7 mm
Input Shaft - Differential197 mm
Gear Spread Ratio5,17-7,88
Max. Gross Vehicle Mass/Gross Trailer Mass2600 kg/4600 kg
Shifter Systemhydraulic shift actuation
Miscellaneous3-shaft design
nested wet clutch system
integrated electronic controls
Optionsmild hybrid 6HDT451 at equal installation length
park-by-wire feasible

​Seriously, its pretty much a manual box. Automatic boxes don't have clutches.

Is this what's actually fitted to the Clio RS?

I thought the Clio had one with 250 in its name indicating a max torque figure.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
I'm still trying not to laugh at that spoiler. Someone tell me it's a photoshop?

it's not a photoshop (???)

Do you've never seen before the new CLIO CUP?

So, it's well the new CLIO CUP 220-230hp

After, the spoiler is not made ​​to be liked BUT to be effective

And if Renault Sport and its long experience of the race, mount this spoiler on its new Clio CUP is that it's effective and useful

A Clio CUP is not made & tuned for kids and videogames :rolleyes: BUT for the efficiency on tracks

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Or...it's a dual automatic clutched manual with the option of binary controlled automatic shifts.

Is this what's actually fitted to the Clio RS?

I thought the Clio had one with 250 in its name indicating a max torque figure.

No, could not find the exact one, it was close enough though.