ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Thanks for the welcome Luke and Wick. Yes it is very frustrating seeing so many good cars go by which I can't even consider because it was only a manual. Then VW brought out the DSG. Although not a big fan of VW as I think they are a bit staid, it showed the tide was turning and more smaller cars would be getting a good "auto"gearbox. Certainly not a CVT one that was the norm. I shudder when I write CVT. It's the automotive version of waister knickers.

Although not a fan of CO2 measuring that, and the high price of oil, has also pushed manufacturers into going for twin clutch gearboxes. Having said that, if you gave me the use of my left leg back I would go for the manual, it is something I miss doing to be honest.

It would be nice for car manufacturers to make these supermini cars smaller again. The Yaris is 3800mm and the Aygo was less than 3500. Small cars weigh less. Which we all know gives gains all the way around. Now when I see a Corsa or Fiesta etc and the first digit starts with a 4 for the length it does make my heart sink.

I shall probably not post again until the secret car fund is bigger and I have made the plunge. Bye

Andy

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Sports cars should not have 5 doors. Fact.

Good job this is only a souped-up hatchback then.

One that can take all the weekends' building materials from wickes, and a baby seat, and do the school run, quicker than the diesel one 'next door'.

You can't do that with an MX-5 / MR2 / Z3/4 / Boxster / S2k.... All of which are actual sports cars

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sports cars should not have 5 doors. Fact.

I don't care if the hot hatch is mr practical's mid life crisis dad who can still get the kids in the back.

There's a reason they've never made a 5 door RS before and that's because they look sh*t.

Absolutely agree! Renault are making it easy for people... "Look, we've given up. Here's a 5 door model to prove it". Your photoshop is f**king awesome man, I'd definitely drive that.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Wait to see (& especcially to test) the RS chassis Sport and Cup version to juge the ... RS...

Simple logic, we talk here on the RS no ?

In France, we see RS on the roads for more than two weeks and many negative opinions initially changed after seeing a true 4RS, like me after my test of a 4RS chassis Cup ^^ :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I crawled all over a dci this afternoon, tried the rear seats out for size once I'd got comfortable up front, quite impressed with the space, certainly more than enough for the kids. Boot is noticeably bigger although not by a huge amount.

Looks? They had a yellow and a white one in the showroom. Slowly walked round and round them both and I think they look great. Really compact too.

When I walked back out to my 200 the roof height made it seem huge!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just can't get on with the look front and back. Just looks weak.

What's with manufacturers painting trims Silver aswell! It's doing my tits in! No one wants it! The rear diffuser and front one look s**t. Colour code them or leave it black!

Go look at a 197 ffs!

I think that's the big let down, atheistic are a massive massive factor in me buying a car.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I saw one on the M4 the other day, can't remember what colour it was, but it looked pretty good although I didn't like the drls up in the grill, at least they are where they should be on the RS.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just seen a black one, looked pretty squat on the road. The pinched in flanks give it a bit of interest too

Fiesta ST200
I just can't get on with the look front and back. Just looks weak.

What's with manufacturers painting trims Silver aswell! It's doing my tits in! No one wants it! The rear diffuser and front one look s**t. Colour code them or leave it black!

Go look at a 197 ffs!

I think that's the big let down, atheistic are a massive massive factor in me buying a car.

Diffuser thing is doing my nut in too.

The car doesn't look 'angry' enough for me. Looks a little too much like a normal clio.

The more I see it the more I go off it.

To clarify my point on 5 doors, I think this only applies to the smaller hatchbacks. It seems to have been blown out of the water by a lot of people.

130, LCR, 3 mps, evo, scoob, all fine as 5 doors. Small hatches, a la clio, corsa , polo or fiesta etc... 3 doors.

RB182cup&golf gti
Saw an odd blue coloured Clio IV today. Didn't like the gloss black rear end, looked very plasticky. The ones I saw the other day at Lookers looked nice. Looking forward to seeing an RS in the flesh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A neighbours friend just pulled away in a flame red (ish?) sort of coloured one, with some ripspeed black and chrome wheels on it. Fcuking hideous.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
One pulled up outside my house yesterday during the chav fest.

black with red bits and the alloys were black with red bits too, a la Gordini wheels.

utterly horrible. Although I did feel bad when some chav dragged her studded bag across it!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A neighbours friend just pulled away in a flame red (ish?) sort of coloured one, with some ripspeed black and chrome wheels on it. Fcuking hideous.

There are no good wheel option for the normal Clio 4 tbh. We ended up going with the best of the dreadful bunch when we spec'd ours.

Though it does look like the GT wheels will fit the normal Clio 4 which look much better.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
There are no good wheel option for the normal Clio 4 tbh. We ended up going with the best of the dreadful bunch when we spec'd ours.

Though it does look like the GT wheels will fit the normal Clio 4 which look much better.

I would have spec'd the cheapest ones then got some aftermarket ones!

Was considering a golf etc for my next grown up car. Going to go for the clio instead if they have that 4 year warranty thingee. Yes it may not be hardcore but im too old for that on a daily basis.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
I'm seriously thinking about chopping the wife's Mk5 GTi in for one of these!
Anyone know what id colours will be available?

Listerine & Poledo
s**t gearbox... Need to do a manual..

What, like the really good and strong one they used before?

The one with the really slick action that took all the abuse you threw at it?

The one made with Unicorn piss for lubricant?

Someone have a word with this joker. Seriously. Stick an MX-5 box under your hand and you'd probably jizz everywhere before you got into 4th. ;)

ff cup ur 200
What, like the really good and strong one they used before?

The one with the really slick action that took all the abuse you threw at it?

The one made with Unicorn piss for lubricant?

Someone have a word with this joker. Seriously. Stick an MX-5 box under your hand and you'd probably jizz everywhere before you got into 4th. ;)

this months evo states thats the clio 200 is one of the top ten manual cars fyi, and im not being a funny but how the f**k could you drive down the road in an mx 5 with out lookin full on homo, have a word with yourself.