ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

A very nice looking car!

some good bits some bad to me

who ever decided to put the vents below the touch tablet need shooting

am i reading that right the 1.2tce 120 is floppy paddle auto only :S

the dci is a bit weak tbh :eek:

bring on the rs oh & a sunroof

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

http://www.renault.co.uk/about/cate...0-48bb-963f-1fb2a147307e/newsitemdisplay.aspx

CHR1083_full.jpg

"Lastly, in September, users will experience the final phase of the launch with a surprise linked in to the promotional film."
RS details perhaps ?

On average 100kg lighter than previous model.

Sounds great to me!

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS

It does look a lil "big" for a supposedly small car. I agree about the vents below the touch tablet too.

Overall, I quite like it. I shall wait with baited breath for confirmed shots of the new RS version :)

Seems like it'll be a really nice car. The Renaultsport version is gonna be pretty awesome I reckon.

Love the interior but I'm unsure about the piano black stuff. Pretty certain to end up swirled and marked within within weeks.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

I am really quite excited about the RS version now I have seen these official shots of the standard Clio IV
I think it looks great! Can't wait to see Rs version in Alien Green ;)(photoshop anyone)
1.6 turbo with a cheaky remap should easily be 250bhp, with added 5 door practicality this is a genuine Mk5 GTi replacement for the wife.

Last edited:
  CLIO 2 RS trackcar

I am really quite excited about the RS version now I have seen these official shots of the standard Clio IV
I think it looks great! Can't wait to see Rs version in Alien Green ;)(photoshop anyone)
1.6 turbo with a cheaky remap should easily be 250bhp, with added 5 door practicality this is a genuine Mk5 GTi replacement for the wife.

I dont know really what think about this classic Clio 4 especially compared to the direct competitions in its category of "city cars" from Japan or from France like the future Peugeot 208

Like much more peoples here and in the world I think good and bad things ^^

In fact I wait the RS version and I hope a best design than the design of the Classic Clio 4...

And I shall see if my next "little" racing car after my current Clio 2 RS1 in 2 or 3 years will be the Clio 4RS or the Peugeot 208 GTi for example ^^

I hope especially in the RS version a real "arrow" speedmeters and not this digital speedmeters only that I dont like !!

Ged

PD130 Peach

jobs fucked... well dont think i will ever own one then... as by the time i could have one, 5 years down the line, the gearboxes will all be scrap. ha

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

bad new sure for me too

This confirm for me that Renault with its new Clio 4RS want also change fully his usual customers of Clio RS...

And for that it transformed a "GTI" car in a "GT" car :-(

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

This confirm for me that Renault with its new Clio 4RS want also change fully his usual customers of Clio RS...
yes, want to change from "renault clio" customer to "another brand" customer :(

I mean.... cm'on.. it's huge.. it's FIVE DOORS! it's not manual gearboxed! 18 inch!??!

it's a nice car but not a clio rs..

what are they thinkin!? another possible customer lost.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

The news about the gearbox is disappointing. Even if it's a good system I can't see it surviving more than five years before the problems start.

SQ5
Don't understand by everyone is slagging off the gearbox!

It would be nice to have the option in not disputing that at all, but how do you know the quality won't be good? It's an area Renault haven't explored yet and if they're only supplying that box they must have some confidence in it!

The box will of been tested for thousands of miles in a test car anyway, problems will come when everyone is trying to put 300bhp through it!

TBF, you could argue that they 'must' have spent time and money testing chairs and steering wheels for durability, so that particular argument doesn't hold much water with me.

You're right though, it's a certainty that people will be blowing their cars up with added boost. I doubt renault will engineer much redundancy into the engine/drivetrain.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I'm fairly pleased, I'm 30 now and my priorities have changed.

The clutch in my old 182 (as the new owner may be aware of) was a bit stiff and destroyed my knee. Since I've had the BMW and the Smart I've begun to appreciate the 2 pedal set-up. Also I expect I'll need the practicality of the 5 doors fairly soon.

So for me it looks like it will continue to be the performance bargain its predecessors always were.

I was never any good at changing gear anyway!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
"Surely you can just wind out da actuator on da terbo yeah and run 1Bar?"[\i]

It'll be governed by at least 2 boost pres. sensors I'd guess and anyone daft enough to try it on standard management will just see flashing lights and no boost then be in need of a trip to the dealers.

I still can't wait to see and test one no matter what gearbox it eventually comes with. I'm actually seeing this as a viable new motor for the company and home life now we've got the baby.

Mick

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

Speaking only for myself.. I wasn't complaining about quality but about the driving experience.
One thing is the Feel of putting gears manually on a syncrho gearbox (even better in a full sequential straight tooth gearbox), another thing is the feel of a dual clutch system. 2 worlds..
I like cars, I like mechanics... and when i shift the gears i WANT to feel in my hand the "metal" on the other side of the gear lever linkage selecting the upper or lower gear.. not an anesthetized feel of what I'm doing..
Plus..someone said: "to go faster add lightness" ..... :( not all this heavy electronic thingy...
That's why I don't like that gearbox.

But you haven't (I presume) tried that gearbox?

It might be awesome. It might complement the car perfectly. No?

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

It's me mate, i don't like anything that isn't fully manually controlled. I hate FBW.. invasive controls and those non manual boxes. As I said I'm not complaining about the quality. I like renault and I think it would be a good product for sure. :) but it's not for me.. so i was only explaining why I said that.
Anyway I think you'll agree that it can be perfect.. but changing gears with a non direct feel to the gearbox as on a system like that is slightly different than on a full manual one..right?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

It might well do.

That may well be the reason Dieppe decided on it and it alone.

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS

I'd prefer the option of a manual box too. Regardless of whether the new one could be hit by comet and survive, its a matter of preference and obviously one that alot of people share.

I think it would be folly for Renault to ignore their customers on something like this, especially as in some respects the RS Models are a niche market.

C'est la vie!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

5 door doesn't bother me. 1.6 turbo doesn't bother me. The twin clutch 'box will take some getting used to, but will be fun.

The only thing that I don't like is the design of the car seems a bit too fussy atm. Too many different angles, too much going on, especially at the rear. Hopefully the RS has different bumpers to make it look more aggressive.

SQ5
Speaking only for myself.. I wasn't complaining about quality but about the driving experience.
One thing is the Feel of putting gears manually on a syncrho gearbox (even better in a full sequential straight tooth gearbox), another thing is the feel of a dual clutch system. 2 worlds..
I like cars, I like mechanics... and when i shift the gears i WANT to feel in my hand the "metal" on the other side of the gear lever linkage selecting the upper or lower gear.. not an anesthetized feel of what I'm doing..
Plus..someone said: "to go faster add lightness" ..... :( not all this heavy electronic thingy...
That's why I don't like that gearbox.

Im glad you read my whole post.....

DannyR said:

It would be nice to have the option in not disputing that at all, but how do you know the quality won't be good? It's an area Renault haven't explored yet and if they're only supplying that box they must have some confidence in it!

The box will of been tested for thousands of miles in a test car anyway, problems will come when everyone is trying to put 300bhp through it!

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

mate I feel sorry.. it wasn't against what you said (i read it all) :) I only grabbed your first sentence because it made me feel in debt for an explication of what i wrote previously.. :)

172 Cup

A 5 door RS Clio is just wrong and the front badge is way too big, not a big fan of the way new cars are turning out these days

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

I am slightly disappointed with this but it certainly isn't a deal breaker!
Dont forget they have not confirmed a cup spec car yet. This could incorporate a manual box to save weight & cost?