ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

CLIO 2 RS trackcar
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Not the RS version of course but somewhere in France ^^ :

1341524160190-361b1a9.jpg

1341524190323-361b1ac.jpg

1341524225735-361b1b4.jpg

1341524247792-361b1b9.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

I think the RS model looks lovely, bit gutted about 5 doors and clutch though.

I could imagine the megane being a 5 door only but the clio? I understand it still looks good but kinda destroys the object of a hot hatch imo.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

I could see 5 door being an issue if it was like a 1 series with 2 obvious sets of handles for example.
I see it as an added bonus cos at first glance it still looks 3 door but the wife will be able to get the kids in & out no problems :)

Looking for 182

I'm not really that up to speed with the mechanical bits of cars. What exactly does having a dual clutch mean and what are the pros and cons?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-renault-clio-spawn-140bhp-warm-hatch

"Insiders admit it looks a little less muscular "due to the design limitations of the five-door design”.

It is a nice 1.2l Turbo with its 140hp !!

Hum seeing the big changement of target with its future Clio 4RS, target more "family" who search not a GTi but a GT, and with its price bigger also, I think that Renault hope this 1.2L Turbo 140hp will take the place of the current RS in the mind of his younger fans by principles the least rich and who cannot follow any more the price of the news Clio 4RS...

It's a "risky challenge" but why not ? ^^

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Is the 1.2tce from the mk3 based on the D4F?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

I'm curious how many special editions this one's going to get - and if they will correct any wrongs of the first.

Didn't the 197 have gearbox recall's and that's just a manual that they have been cranking out for years ? This DSG business sounds like it's going to go sour real fast.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member

If it looks like that i'll be buying one with no hesitation even with the paddle shift!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Flol at the photoshops! This won't end well!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

I know these arent RS versions but they do look long, and underwheeled

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

tbh like usually with me, I have some difficulties to like the look of the Clio 4 "classic"...

I wait to see one IRL to have my final opinion and especially I hope the RS will have a nicer racing look than these classic !

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Love it. Looks a million times better than the non-Renaultsport Mk3's!

looks fantastic above, miffed at as a nonsport example that can be called underwhelming...

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

It looks like an Espace at the front and a Seat Ibiza at the back

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Different wheels, different front and rear bumpers and that is the RS imo. I doubt it will differ too much.

Plus Recaros as standard please!

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Sure me too I hope that the RS version will be at least as the red above and nicer than the classic base of the Clio 4...

In fact really I thought the same thing about the last Clio 2 and Clio 3 lol

Thus I'm sure the 4RS will be nicer than the Classic base of the Clio 4 and it will have a very nice racing look ;-)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Looks alright that if only it was 3 door and why oh why do companies use such horrible wheel designs these days!?

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Sure and put the same color of car in the wheels is not nice for me, it look like to a cartoon's car...

But no problem for me because I always change the wheels on my passion racing cars ^^ (for OZ racing wheels usually :p)

Like this photo (maybe an futur advers ?) take by a guy yesterday in the downtown of Paris !!!

hum pretty woman on this blue Clio 4 no ? LOL

632029cliosh.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

I think it could look good. The front end is way more agressive than the quite frankly retarded looking mk3.