ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I blame it on the dsg being too slow changing down. Missed the apex cos of that.

Renault Clio RS182

It's already starting to grow on me! I'll be in the market for a new car towards the back end of next year so it'll be interesting to see how the latest crop of smaller hot hatches compare. At the moment, the 208 gti is doing it for me looks wise, but the car won't be bought on looks alone ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Surely people realise Drl's aren't a fashion accessory on new cars these days? They are mandatory, Renault don't have a choice.

Listerine & Poledo

build them into the fog lamps then.

No need for strips of fairy lights hanging off the front bumper.

172 Cup

Renault gearboxes are utter s**t at the best of times. Introducing something like DSG is a recipe for disaster.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Can see the 200 holding money better than this new one

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Jesus christ! Why is everyone so half empty! No one has even driven the f**ker yet! :S

I agree, i think it looks brilliant and lets be honest the previous models aren't exactly the most aggressive and masculine cars ever are they!

DSG, well i've never driven a car with DSG however cba with all the gear changes in town's so id love to have a DSG.

1.6T, more tuning options surely?

People need to wait until they drive the car until slating it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Every RS has had shite gearbox, they've not got it right in 15ish years, my 11yo focus 1.6 has a superior gear change to any RS Clio I've driven. So it's stands to reason this one will be crap, but hope I'm wrong.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I've covered 170k in three 1*2's. Never had a single issue with the gearbox's. Sure they arent as smooth as a Honda/Ford but they do the job.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Yeah not talking about the reliability, just the action/feel is awful, should be so much better for the type of car.

clio sport f1 r27

Half of you need to MAN up you all want naturally aspired but in the same respect use would happily turbo ur 172-182-197-200 if you could afford it and it was reliable TURBO ftw in my opinion.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

There really is no point arguing this.

Too many folk dont want to like it, rather than reserve judgement until they've actually driven one.

2016 Seat Leon FR

I've covered 170k in three 1*2's. Never had a single issue with the gearbox's. Sure they arent as smooth as a Honda/Ford but they do the job.

I wondered about this. I've always found that french gearboxes are not as nice to use compared to most others, but is that the reason everyone thinks they're crap (fair enough really) or are they actually always breaking?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I like it, just not in that yellow.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I wondered about this. I've always found that french gearboxes are not as nice to use compared to most others, but is that the reason everyone thinks they're crap (fair enough really) or are they actually always breaking?

My 172 had 3 gearboxes in it, one lasted less than 500 miles, was brand spankers to.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Admittedly they arent as fluid as other gearboxes but in all honesty, you will not find a better all round package with Renault Sport for what they offer pounds per smiles.

Its normally user error that causes them to fail.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

My 172 had 3 gearboxes in it, one lasted less than 500 miles, was brand spankers to.

You have to use the clutch as well?

I have found them to be quite good, 197 box was particularly good IMO.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

7 clios and never had an issue with a box.

My Audi auto on the other hand - freaking nightmare!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Can see the 200 holding money better than this new one
lol, good one!

Oh and i love DRL, especially LED ones, set off the front of the car nicely, saves people using fog lights too. One ones on the clio have the strips in the headlamp too which are cool, in the flesh they make the front end.

People will learn to like the box too, i can see this being a great success, the only reason i wouldn't own one is because its 5 door. Thats personal preference really, its going to be a great car though, and people on here are going to love the remaps, 50bhp more for circa £300, going to be a lot of that going on, RS Tuning will be rubbing his hands with all this extra customer base coming his way, you lot will be stage 1'ing this, stage 2'ing that!

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Resume of pics of the future CLIO CUP EUROCUP posted by Renault Sport

Hum personnaly I see here a modern & nice racing car

308229_10150318320429977_1440474343_n.jpg

204720_10150318320469977_470791846_o.jpg

241459_10150318320444977_689746228_o.jpg

324130_10150318320459977_1211376171_o.jpg

204720_10150318320469977_470791846_o.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Yeah cup looks great, it's that horrid yellow that ruins it lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Will look great in real life, I think 197s/200s look tame in pics, far better in real life.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF

Starting to grow on me a little now, still hate the front badge they've nicked off their lorries though.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Obviously not driven it yet but so far on paper it's got everything I need in a car. Four doors because I'm 30 and not 17, better fuel economy, decent styling and its a Clio and for some reasons I love Clio.
im genuinely excited to see one in the flesh.

Is the Cup 3 door? - I thought they were all going to be 5 doors?

Either way; it's looking a load better than when the Renault GolfIbiza was announced. Unlike the Twingo.