ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

i wasnt a fan of the non rs then saw one in the flesh and it looks brilliant, i hope the RS is the same as in the pics im not keen on it at all.

not that id buy one as the dealers are all c**ts

Yup whether Parks or AC....these boys really write the books on being t***s....

An open admission, it doesnt have recaros, no ultra red or xenons....but serious risk longer i have no car the chances are getting more and more i will order one!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Yup whether Parks or AC....these boys really write the books on being tw*ts....

An open admission, it doesnt have recaros, no ultra red or xenons....but serious risk longer i have no car the chances are getting more and more i will order one!

Recaro's in a year though and I expect a few other bits (like more colours)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Recaro's in a year though and I expect a few other bits (like more colours)

Didn't the Renaultsport product manager tell you about the Recaro's on your Paris trip?

An orange one

Well I saw my first Clio 4 on the road today, it was coming towards me in town, it was a bizarre moment as there was an old mk1 Clio 2 cars behind,

The new one to be quite honest was laughable, everyone on here saying it looks wider in real life etc, it's as tall and narrow as it looks in the pics, the rear door "illusion" doesn't work, it's blatantly 4 doors, the front badge was bigger than the bonnet, and I just generally thought WTF have they done :(

I much preferred the old R reg that was following it, shame really

02 Clio 172

It's god awful. From the back it'a Seat Ibiza, the side and front/side shots it's looks like a Guiletta and the front is just plain fugly. The badge is laughable, the headlights are pony, the only half decent thing is the fin thing that goes across the lower grille. Oh, and the inside is just a mess plain and simple. Too much stupid, pointless crap going on. It's just made all the Clio 3's worth a little bit more being the last of the good looking Renault sports.

I think this is a big mistake that, if reports are true of Renaults financial problem, could be a very big nail in the firms coffin. I hope not though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I too saw one today...took my buddy to Wilsons in Epsom to pick the replacement for his S2000 up. They had a demonstrator parked outside.

I can honestly say I thought the exact opposite to you. Looks so much better in the flesh, not awkward at all, well proportioned.

In other words...it's evolved...looks just like I'd expect the 'new' Clio to look.

I've also been looking at all other comparable new hatches out there...and to counter what many say is a crime on the new Clio (the headlight being bigger than the wheel)...is there a modern current generation hatch that doesn't have its headlight cluster bigger than its wheels?

1.2 16v
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news - NEW DETAILS #1779

Still can't wait to get my hands on a lush 197.. Is this me now being stuck in the past? I'll be waiting a year or two, see the specs/prices/options before I make the judgement on wether it's worth getting over 197 and paying. Not bothered about speed as I wouldn't be taking this to the track anyway! As long as it would rip the skin off those shitty corsa's that's fine! :)

Looking good so far. Not seen it in the flesh yet though..

I too saw one today...took my buddy to Wilsons in Epsom to pick the replacement for his S2000 up. They had a demonstrator parked outside.

I can honestly say I thought the exact opposite to you. Looks so much better in the flesh, not awkward at all, well proportioned.

In other words...it's evolved...looks just like I'd expect the 'new' Clio to look.

I've also been looking at all other comparable new hatches out there...and to counter what many say is a crime on the new Clio (the headlight being bigger than the wheel)...is there a modern current generation hatch that doesn't have its headlight cluster bigger than its wheels?

Totally agree with you Mark. I went down the local dealer to take a look and it looks much better in the flesh, The close up front pictures just don't do it justice, I wondered if it is a wide angle lens thing? Looks much smaller in the flesh also. Between mk2 and mk3 size I'd say.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Was just searching for pictures and came across these two next to each other, how similar!?

2013-Renault-Clio-RS200-3.jpg

golf-gt-vi-w.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Ordered a 1.5TCi Dynamique S MediaNav in flame red for the wife last night. I thought the car looked superb in the flesh. Now cannot wait to see/have a go in a 200T.

Clio 172 RS2

2013-Renault-Clio-RS-200-EDC-Micro-Braking-1280x960.jpg

THE ELECTRONIC DIFFERENTIAL BY RENAULT SPORT TECHNOLOGIES

As soon as there is too great a speed difference between the front wheels, it means one is about to break traction. The system detects as much and the R.S. Diff deploys micro braking on whichever front wheel threatens to lose grip, although engine torque is not reduced. Note that this feature intervenes before the ESC traction control. The R.S. Diff has a number of advantages, not least that drivers do not become frustrated by sudden torque restrictions. The system is very progressive and is barely perceptible during deployment.

Micro braking eh!? :eek:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Anyone know when this pricing comes out/available for order?

Ordered a 1.5TCi Dynamique S MediaNav in flame red for the wife last night. I thought the car looked superb in the flesh. Now cannot wait to see/have a go in a 200T.

Can I be cheeky and ask how much for? Or was it list price?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Prices out tomorrow, orders open in march (i think) with delivery due in may!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

Can I be cheeky and ask how much for? Or was it list price?

Its the DCi we have not TCi (Couldnt edit my OP when I realised my typo)

We did get a good deal and no didnt pay list price. We got just over £1k discount.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Ok cheers.

Hope it's a good price, want one!

FF Clio 182

Prices are out already, have been for a while. I got a brochure from Renault with all the model prices and extra's! Some expensive add-on's :) Without looking i think the base model is a 1.6 16v D4F Expression for 10K or you can get the Eco 90, what is a 0.9L Turbo with about 88Bhp :) Got the price list and spec sheet if anyone wants to know more. Might see about uploading a spec sheet.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Guessing not RS prices though?

I have had a good glance through the RS specs on the Renaultsport website and although not everyone seems to like he 200T I think it's one of the nicest looking hatches out, and looks 10x better than the awful front end on the 200.

I'll def be test driving the s**t out of the 200T and putting this new gearbox to the test. Personally I think it will be funky to have a hot hatch with a flappy paddle gear change for s***s and giggles :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Prices are out already, have been for a while. I got a brochure from Renault with all the model prices and extra's! Some expensive add-on's :) Without looking i think the base model is a 1.6 16v D4F Expression for 10K or you can get the Eco 90, what is a 0.9L Turbo with about 88Bhp :) Got the price list and spec sheet if anyone wants to know more. Might see about uploading a spec sheet.

Renaultsport pricing isn't out yet, and you can't get a new Clio with a 1.6 petrol engine.

FF Clio 182

Sorry Miss read what you put, I got a price list for the normal Clio not the RS! Sorry :(

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Hope this link works.

found the new 200T on track, looks boring on track

http://youtu.be/tyKO4fm5ImM

edit: it does thank god. Sounds so so lazy it's unreal

handling looks good, as Renaultsport do always achieve that area.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Is it an auto?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Would have thought more would have replied after seeing its performance on track.

it looks so boring, no involvement with that car. Point and accelerate.

BORING

end of the Clio as a 'sports car' IMO.

quick shopping car.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Nothing like judging a book by it's cover, eh.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Doesn't seem boring too me, only thing its missing is a gear change?

I would happily hoon round a track all day in that.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Nothing like judging a book by it's cover, eh.

Hardly judging it by its cover, that would be just reading a spec sheet and commenting.
seeing it there, on track, gives a pretty good insight?

using it in that full Auto mode sounds lazy and dull.

handling etc seems fine. But the rest isn't my tea

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Hardly judging it by its cover, that would be just reading a spec sheet and commenting.
seeing it there, on track, gives a pretty good insight?

IMO watching a video with no commentary/ isn't a proper review, does not give you much of an insight at all. Certainly not enough of one to write it off as boring? This is because of the lack of context of what the driver is feeling, how they think it behaves and what their overall opinion of it is, allowing you to make your own informed decision, potentially paired with a test drive to make your own mind up about it.

But hey this is a forum, and we're all allowed an opinion. Mine just differs from yours.