ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
These chaps have apparently tuned the 200T to 225 ponies according to the article via RSUK site
white with red highlites......... this is whats missing off the configurator the option to select different colours for the grill surround, rear defuser and door strips.
Whitewithredrearquarter_zps4e5e6ee1.jpg

Whitewithredfrontquarter_zpsdca5b719.jpg

mecury one with silver cup wheels and no cup pack fitted - why haven't we got that option instead of Megane cast offs
Silver_zpsfe2a44a3.jpg

And a white one with cup spoiler - thought the 197/200 cup spoiler was a bit shouty but this one screams looks at me
Cupspoiler_zps8c571074.jpg

LY 200 & 265 Trophy
These chaps have apparently tuned the 200T to 225 ponies according to the article via RSUK site
white with red highlites......... this is whats missing off the configurator the option to select different colours for the grill surround, rear defuser and door strips.
Whitewithredrearquarter_zps4e5e6ee1.jpg

Whitewithredfrontquarter_zpsdca5b719.jpg

mecury one with silver cup wheels and no cup pack fitted - why haven't we got that option instead of Megane cast offs
Silver_zpsfe2a44a3.jpg

And a white one with cup spoiler - thought the 197/200 cup spoiler was a bit shouty but this one screams looks at me
Cupspoiler_zps8c571074.jpg

Not quite right? my understanding is it ran 225 and going back in a few weeks to be mapped.

Not my translation tho

I would recommend people to drive it as its nothing like the previous mk2 or 3 Clio.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Have no complaints about the car I'm getting one anyway think my 182 is due for retirement after 8 years and 151000 on the clock - it looks nice (obviously IMO as many don't like it) it's cheaper to insure, cheaper to tax and cheaper to run if the fuel figures are true. It's had some good reviews as a CAR ok it may not be by the seat of your pants driving and an auto box but how often do you change gear on a motorway? I'm looking at the refinement side of life now. Ok I know it's a Clio and the two words don't normally go together in the same sentence but I can't fit a Meg 250 in the garage.
I'm sure there'll be plenty of mods and upgrades within months of it hitting the shops (surprised k-tec haven't already got something in the pipe line) so hopefully it'll be easier and cheaper than the F4R to extract more power from, it's already got the turbo - more boost anyone? (if the stock parts can cope)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
But how much can that gear box take if you up the boost?

Not too much I don't think...the 'box model code is 250 something which I think means 250nm is what it's rated up to...and with 240 standard it won't take much tweaking to be beyond that.

A couple of reports so far suggest they're somewhere between 210-225 bhp standard so I'll let others play about and see what happens to the gearbox when they do before I change anything.

Clio 182
I wouldn't imagine with 240nM standard the box would only be rated to 250, that's a bit too close for comfort.

Astra VXR?

- In other news, The new Clio is listed on the tools I use to read engine ECU's, so they're mappable OBD as well. Similar ECU to what's in the 200

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I saw a new one in flame red parked in the sun at the Renault dealer yesterday.

Convinced me it's the right choice...it looked stunning.

The red is awesome in the flesh.

The wife picks up her new 4 tomorrow:

8665081391_9b490eb241_b.jpg

​Wheels are hateful though lol.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Six months?

That long?

It'll be excaberated by the paddles, no more gangster lean yo as hands will generally need be at 10 to 2 or thereabouts if gearchanges are to happen.

My 172 Cup, my 200, both went at quarter to three. Exactly where and only where I put my hands. The 200T's wheel doesn't have a hope really.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
embrace the change baby :D there'll be many a young person checking out the launch control feature, there is a vid on the net of a 200 against a 200T in a drag race, the 200T just keeps pulling away. ideal for traffic light races :nono:

Astra (H) VXR
Went to look at some of the 'normal' ones today with my grandad. He wants one. Very nice looking car, especially in the oyster grey.. Don't rate the titanium silver ones, paint just doesn't seem to do the car justice. Not overly keen on the black slab on the dash, looks like a last minute addition.. The gloss black interior strips look very nice, however not sure how well they will age.

All in all I really like them up close, just not sure from what I've seen of the sports that they are different enough to make them stand out..

Plus the staff couldn't even tell me when they are being brought out here

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You can order them from tomorrow with for delivery in July - Dealers should have Demo cars in their hands in June

RB Clio 182
I bought my factory order corsa vxr nurburgring edition for almost 21k with every option apart from t&c.

Sold it 11 months later for just under 13k.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
That would be an issue for me also. I don't think it's overpriced, but buying one for c.£22k is financial suicide. I reckon you'd literally lose ten large in a year.

be interesting to see what dealers let them go for, I paid something like 15k or there abouts for my 200 non cup with a few options, and sold it 10 months later for 11k, granted that was never part of the plan or id never have gone brand new but I agree one of these would be financial suicide that anywhere near list unless your one of these guys that buy a car and don't plan to sell it for a least 5 years.