ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You found a dealer that could quote?

In response to me asking if they could start talking prices and actually take an order mine came back with...

Hello Mark.

Not sure where the information is coming from but I cannot see anything along those lines my end?

Clio Renault Sport EDC codes are not available and there is no published date as to when customer ordering will be open.

Regards

John
Sales Manager

LOL

Renault through and through.

Update on this, Jeremy Townsend called the 'dealer' and pointed him in the right direct (i.e. told him he's a r****d). The dealer now can start discussing prices etc. apparently.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Don't think the dealers anywhere were on the ball today, it took the girl at the one i phoned three hours to get to me to see if she could match the price I was given. You'd think working at a dealers you would know what cars you were selling and when they were available.
Early last year they tried to tell me the Clio was being faded out and there wouldn't be a new version, I had to inform him that the engine was being downsized to a turbo (secretly hoping for a supercharger) all they seem interested in is shifting the dead meat on the forecourt. There was still a brand new 200 unregistered amongst the other cars on show yesterday still at what I assume to be or near full price £18K+

Mark, do you have a pair of Renaultsport slippers? Have you asked "JT" why they have made so many f**k ups surrounding the launch? Like the fluffed press release and the then continuing grammatical errors on their webshite?

Astra (H) VXR
Saving of £3,251.06 of the list price - the cup chassis is a freebie aswell then banging off another £6k in cash leaving approx £13K for finance very affordable. no doubt a few months down the line there will be massive discounts on somewhere but I can live with that.

How did you manage to save this much? Purely for my info as I'm useless at negotiation ;)

RB182cup&golf gti
Is the published combined figure of 34mpg on the current 200 overly optimistic?

Most would say it is, but that is exactly what I've averaged over my ownership (27k miles so far).

So why wouldn't I also hit the combined figure in the new car assuming my commute stays the same?

It's well known that the published mpg figures on the majority of cars are overstated given that their tests are not performed in real world conditions, hence why I said 45mpg optimistic. 45mpg is certainly attractive compared to the outgoing car, plus lower tax makes it more appealing. I really want one of these but I also really really want the new golf gti!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Ah rite ok, you based in Germany?

What site you looking at?

No prices on there yet?

Phoned them last Thursday as it had been recommended by someone I knew who saved £7K on a Mondeo so I did when he gave me my price was comping at the bit but I said I'd see if anyone could match or do it cheaper which to my investigation no one has, although I'm sure some one will find a cheaper deal soon, but I'm happy.

Astra (H) VXR
Might join the army then... Turns out working at a nuclear power station only has some advantages!! My mates based with ze Germans and is looking at getting one

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, do you have a pair of Renaultsport slippers? Have you asked "JT" why they have made so many f**k ups surrounding the launch? Like the fluffed press release and the then continuing grammatical errors on their webshite?

Slippers? No. Would quite like a pair though.

The 'launch' itself has been comical, from start to end.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
FFS. Spent most of the morning looking at Fiesta STs. I'm almost at the point where I'm convincing myself I could handle 3-doors for my next car, and with them available with discounts (unlike the Clio as far as I can tell so far) there's a lot to be said for them. Argh.

RB182cup&golf gti
FFS. Spent most of the morning looking at Fiesta STs. I'm almost at the point where I'm convincing myself I could handle 3-doors for my next car, and with them available with discounts (unlike the Clio as far as I can tell so far) there's a lot to be said for them. Argh.

You need to test drive them and compare.

Rally bus

A friend of mine has had an ST delivered today. It's stunning. I got a Zetec S after finally having enough of my 197 spending more time off the road than on and I've not seen anything in the 200T that would persuade me to go back to Renault. It'll be a spirit blue ST2 for me next I think.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
red22.png

red21.png

red33.png

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1

If this is the same engine, which i am sure it is...That means there is now a Chain rather than belts!

Last edited by a moderator:
  SQ5
Nice video, it shows two dephaser pulleys too.

Anyone seen the actual clio engine yet? Wondering if inlet is the same?

Nice to see coil on plug too, cannot wait to see what these are like with a bit of tuning.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm gonna put my neck on the line here and say the 200T is the most "attractive" car of the three in that pic. Yeah maybe it lacks the flared arches and daft stuck on spoilers, but it really is nice looking. Just my opinion of course, which is fact 99% of the time

In that pic with the 3 i honestly think it would look better with bonnet vent/vents to break the front end up a touch.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Shame there's not a 200 in that picture too.

I think they all look great

Everytime I see a Clio 4 on the road it always catches my eye. They stand out loads I think. And that's non RS