ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
The wheel on our 3 year old 200 is absolutely fine.

There very Hit and miss

When I went to look at my former SG 200 it only had 8kish on the clock and the wheel had melted and the top layer of perforated leather had pinched together down the one side and created a crease I was staggered tbh, got the wheel changed before I picked it up!

work for BMW
Just seen one of the new sports in Monaco , all black with black wheels looked nicer then I thought it would !

Just seen one of the new sports in Monaco , all black with black wheels looked nicer then I thought it would !

I have ordered black Clio but am really afraid about how it will look in real - no one has really seen other than a Sirius yellow Clio here. Good to hear that it might not be a complete disaster :)

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Have seen the dynamique one in black with red highlights and on those black passion alloys looked ok in the flesh

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I sat in one in my local dealers today. Very nice inside. The seats are very supportive, the steering wheel is nice and chunky and the paddles feel very solid. There's more questions to be asked of the designers about the location of the cup holders (next to the handbrake, although the smaller one could fit a Red Bull can perfectly. There is very little rear leg room though.

As for the outside it is a lot nicer in person. This one was liquid yellow with the cup pack, so black 18s. It definitely needs some lowering done to it though, especially at the front. As seen in the pictures it definitely has better angles when viewing it, with the rear 3/4 view being my favourite.

It was a pretty much fully loaded lux packed car which for £22k is probably about right in today's market. However, would I pay £22k for it though with Renault's history of depreciation? Probably not. But a drive in it may change my mind for a second hand one in a few years time.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Latest news over on RS Forums is the RS Monitor V2 won't be available till october at the earliest!

So anybody looking to order that option then don't expect your cars anytime soon!

Another Bo**ock dropped by Renault in the launch of the 200T eh

Yeah that is unfortunate but true. Clio with R-Link but without the R.S. Monitor should be delivered around August-September, with a R.S. Monitor I could get my car delivered in November. Which means winter season (tires) here where I live. Not happy about it.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
So the new clio racer took 2 seconds off the lap record of the old car @ Snett 300 in its first shake down!!

Adjustable Sachs dampers, AP brakes sounds nice ;)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Yeah I would agree, they will be on gordini with weight saving and tweak in power ...

​fingers crossed

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Need to have a look under the engine cover. Renault gave the game away on the meggy that it would have more power from the off ;)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I think they will, specially as its a cert to be an option via montune on fiesta.

they have already admitted Gordini will be a hardcore version this time round...

Focus ST-2
Is the V2 monitor delay official?
Long time to wait.
Had a drive in a new focus ST-2 earlier - at list £24'220, minus Ford's £1500 deposit contribution and some options at cost totals to £21'499. Same as a lux, cup + RS monitor Clio IV. And the Ford is available 2-3 weeks.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Was over on renaultsport last week! So will be late.

Not even sure dealers got any demos yet.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can buy one, but you cannot test drive one. To me they've f**ked it up, i wasn't talking about the RS monitor.

I'm dissapointed more than anything, this of all previous gen RenaultSport Clios had more to deliver/prove IMO.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Seen one today at the 'Ring. Looks 79% better in the "metal" than it does in pics. Really nice looking car!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
IMAG0624.jpg

I am waiting for a black Clio RS and am thinking about giving it the look of a standard Clio with the red packet. It really does look good and I am not so sure about the pure-black Clio RS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black suits the shape much better, Red is horrific.

Oh and you're telling me everyone who ordered an RS hasn't driven one? Actually mind-bending!

I have driven it (had a rare chance in April). For me, it was actually miles better than Fiesta ST but I guess it's up to everyone's preferences. Both cars have their upsides and downsides.