ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio limited editions

renault clio 172
Morning all. I'm in the lookout for a clio. Can you lot tell me what clios are limited number. Want something a can keep clean/concourse and hopefully will hold its value. I really like the 182 throphy and the r27. Just wondering if there are any I don't know about. Thanks all

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Have you considered the Ltd edition ITB Trophy? ?
photo4-3_zps85d22f54.jpg

I'm unaware of another ;)

Last edited:

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Not really limited editions as such but the Renault ID Paint colours i.e Liquid Yellow, Petrol Blue, Inferno etc are ones that only a handful were sold in. http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage
As far as I can remember the only limited editions were the 172 Exclusive, Trophy's I think. I'm sure someone will correct me!

renault clio 172
Would ideally be after something with a number plaque. That kind of thing. Would rather something a bit newer rather than older

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Exclusives are cheaper and rarer than Trophys but not as special. Search "evo clio trophy" on youtube

renault clio 172
Ye I agree the trophys are holding there money compared to a normal 182. Do you lot think the r27 will hold its money and have the same kind of following as the trophy

Ph1
Sunflower ph1 would be my choice.
Ph1's in general might not be limited but ''mk1'' versions of anything always seem to be sought after years down the line plus with ph1's not being particularly limited they are treated more disposable. Something which is rare or limited from the off, folk tend to keep so won't actually by rare if you catch my drift lol

renault clio 172
Do you not think the r27 is pretty cheap. I've seen some for the same price as a trophy already. I prefer the look of the 197 and the newer age of the car is a plus for me. And easier to find a mint low mileage example.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The Trophy is kinda the one you want, the R27 is a great grown up alternative. Sadly neither is really holding their money really. Imo the Trophy simply wasn't different enough to a 182.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
The Trophy is kinda the one you want, the R27 is a great grown up alternative. Sadly neither is really holding their money really. Imo the Trophy simply wasn't different enough to a 182.

I have to agree sadly, to me the Trophy was on the cusp of being different enough to be special but if you take away the seats (which aren't rare or special) and the suspension (which is quirky) it's no different to anything else.

I think they did better with .R vs the R26 but as much as I like them I wouldn't spend my own money on one.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
If you want something that'll hold it's money, buy an old Honda or Porsche.

Clio 197 F1
Do you not think the r27 is pretty cheap. I've seen some for the same price as a trophy already. I prefer the look of the 197 and the newer age of the car is a plus for me. And easier to find a mint low mileage example.
I never knew Trophys with Recaro's held their value that well, just had a quick look on Autotrader and theres a few Trophys at £5k with the first decent looking R27 at £6.5, not bad.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

About the only thing I agree with u kev lol! They should have upped the power and gave it a few more trinkets. Brembos, nicer splitter, 190bhp, carbon bonnet, plastic windows. Now that would be cool! I do think the trophy is a bit better than the 182 but if you fired in some nice seats and coilies on a standard 182 there wouldn't be much in it

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Should add, I'm looking at getting into a new car and will possibly be putting the trophy up for sale if you want to pm
me for details op

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mate has the only white R27, pretty sure that's the rarest clio?

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
LMFAO! No way, mine is ALSO a one-of-a-kind ITB'd Trophy! :p

Still waiting for proof that it exists?!

As as others have said anything with a plaque will be sort after. I possibly own a couple of the least desirable rarer cars.

but I like them because they are just that....not investments, but damage limitations.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've got to say on cost, i'd maybe rather a Trophy over an R27, the 27 is the better all round car imo, buy on running costs, fuel etc it's very hard to justify, I was doing over 35mpg in town with my Trophy, the 197 would be doing 25 at most.

I would say the Trophy could have been so much more I agree. Seats are lovely, wheels are perfect, suspension is trick but i'd want more and I hate to compare, but the difference from jumping into my Frp from a standard Puma is how the Trophy should have felt.

renault clio 172
I'm after something fun and a bit special. I don't car about running costs as I will be mostly garaged and cleaned. Was just looking for an alternative to spending a lot of money on a focus Rs. They seem the only real thing that has a huge following and feel special. Even tho the limited numbers aren't really that limited in comparison to the trophy/r27. I just don't want to spend lots of time and money for the clio to be worth nothing in a few years down the line. Even though I prefer the r27 I don't think it's going to hold its value like the trophy has. And as for the itb trophys. I'm looking for something original sorry.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry but you've kinda just hit the nail on the head. Compared with an FRS the other 2 aren't special at all, no matter how limited the numbers.

Junping from a 172 to a Trophy hoping for the car to feel special, I doubt it, it's still 75% a 172. R27 if it's between the 2 and you don't mind the running costs or gearbox issues. Oh and get Albi Blue, in the flesh the colour is immense... The pics don't do it justice. Iirc R27 Albi blues were rare.

11.JPG

Blue in the pictures, in the flesh, a stunning purple!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've got to say on cost, i'd maybe rather a Trophy over an R27, the 27 is the better all round car imo, buy on running costs, fuel etc it's very hard to justify, I was doing over 35mpg in town with my Trophy, the 197 would be doing 25 at most.

I would say the Trophy could have been so much more I agree. Seats are lovely, wheels are perfect, suspension is trick but i'd want more and I hate to compare, but the difference from jumping into my Frp from a standard Puma is how the Trophy should have felt.

Ahem ... 27mpg :eek:

not that it makes a difference, below 30 is shocking in a 2.0 shopping car. I need a v8.

and yes, Albi blue is an amazing colour in person. Easily the best non in you face colour