ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio limited editions

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'm after something fun and a bit special. I don't car about running costs as I will be mostly garaged and cleaned. Was just looking for an alternative to spending a lot of money on a focus Rs. They seem the only real thing that has a huge following and feel special. Even tho the limited numbers aren't really that limited in comparison to the trophy/r27. I just don't want to spend lots of time and money for the clio to be worth nothing in a few years down the line. Even though I prefer the r27 I don't think it's going to hold its value like the trophy has. And as for the itb trophys. I'm looking for something original sorry.

Imo, the trophy and the r27 (barely) are the only limited Clio's worth getting.

the trophy was a parts bin special with remote reservoir dampers and wider offset turinis, epic looks and epic handling.

the r27 introduced the cup chassis to the 197 range and got recaros as standard... It also was the only 197 with liquid yellow available as an option.

the 200s just got all the options thrown at them to sell more units.

the raiders got larger wheels and Bridgestone RE050A tyres from the Megane 265 trophy... And the Matt paint is a selling point I suppose

BG V6, LY 182
Morning all. I'm in the lookout for a clio. Can you lot tell me what clios are limited number. Want something a can keep clean/concourse and hopefully will hold its value. I really like the 182 throphy and the r27. Just wondering if there are any I don't know about. Thanks all

Limited number - check
keep clean - you can do that
hold it's value - prices are on the up

Buy a vee!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There is only 1 car.

Phase 2 Clio v6 in either

Liquid Yellow
Acid Yellow
Inferno
Lunar grey.
Bronze.
Midnight blue.

Good luck.

renault clio 172
I've got to say on cost, i'd maybe rather a Trophy over an R27, the 27 is the better all round car imo, buy on running costs, fuel etc it's very hard to justify, I was doing over 35mpg in town with my Trophy, the 197 would be doing 25 at most.

I would say the Trophy could have been so much more I agree. Seats are lovely, wheels are perfect, suspension is trick but i'd want more and I hate to compare, but the difference from jumping into my Frp from a standard Puma is how the Trophy should have felt.

ye I pretty much have haven't I. I was just kind of hoping there was cheaper alternatives instead of the frs. As they are a lot of money to justify something that would be parked up 90% of the time. It's obvious by looking at for sale at that the v6 is really holding its value. And I think they do look awesome but I don't think I'd like rear wheel drive. And I know it says I own a 172. I'm actually using my dads account. He had a 172 a while back and I've just never got round to registering. Although I have owned a ff 172. I don't think I would get another. That's why I'm more looking at a r27. The 172 I had was spoilt with Gaz coilovers which ruined the car for me really. But my dads ph1 Rs was a much nicer/fun car. Thanks for all the help guys

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
V6 clio or a Williams. No other clio will hold money as well as either of these.

Trophy's are cheap now. Nowhere near what they were fetching 24 months ago.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Im pleased with the R27 ive got a few weeks ago, needs a little bit of work but that will be done soon. no 145/500

BG V6, LY 182
I wonder what a full respray on a vee to racing blue would cost.... God I can dream.

you wouldn't like the rwd? That's not a good enough excuse to not consider one :)

renault clio 172
I wonder what a full respray on a vee to racing blue would cost.... God I can dream.

you wouldn't like the rwd? That's not a good enough excuse to not consider one :)

Haha ye I suppose not, I just think Id have more fun in a fwd car. And no disrespect to any of you v6 lovers but for the money they are fetching, personally I'd rather a frs.i think maybe ill just keep and my eye out for a very tidy trophy/r27 or even better a bargain trophy/r27 that needs some work. At least that way ill get to know my way around the car. And just a quick question how do the 197 go compared to the 182. I've heard they feel pretty slow. I would think this is just to do with being a little more refined/better built?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haha ye I suppose not, I just think Id have more fun in a fwd car. And no disrespect to any of you v6 lovers but for the money they are fetching, personally I'd rather a frs.i think maybe ill just keep and my eye out for a very tidy trophy/r27 or even better a bargain trophy/r27 that needs some work. At least that way ill get to know my way around the car. And just a quick question how do the 197 go compared to the 182. I've heard they feel pretty slow. I would think this is just to do with being a little more refined/better built?

They have an annoying flat spot, they have annoyingly short gears but once you're going you can't feel the weight IMO.

you don't get the same sense of speed but when you look at the speedo you are actually covering ground quickly.

Cornering speeds are hilarious too

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Didn't realise there wasn't many infernos, I seem to see them all the time. I think it's the worst colour.

whats the story knuckles?

It was comissioned by Renault UK for James Brookes whose brother Will died. Will always wanted an RS with the rest of his family owning one and his dad working for renault at the time. He was killed before he had the chance to own one so his brother James had the car as 1 of 1.

Clio Mk2 P1
Mine's a PH1 Initiale Paris (see below)

_DSC0078_zpsd91ae107.jpg

Only picked it up a few weeks ago and waiting on getting a few bits and bobs sorted. Picked it up from my garage yesterday - had a few dints and marks taken out.

BG V6, LY 182
Do they feel different to a 182 to drive? I've been told they handle like a fwd car until they decide to kill you

Well they do feel a little different, but i wouldnt say there massivly different, wet corners are certainly fun. The noise is what is strange at first, coming from behind you and not from in front.

I'm not so sure now... Maybe its just that car.

Didn't realise there wasn't many infernos, I seem to see them all the time. I think it's the worst colour.

I'm not the biggest fan of inferno, but when i seen a photo on a vee it suits it so much more.

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
It was comissioned by Renault UK for James Brookes whose brother Will died. Will always wanted an RS with the rest of his family owning one and his dad working for renault at the time. He was killed before he had the chance to own one so his brother James had the car as 1 of 1.

Very specail car Then does that james own it?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Ahem ... 27mpg :eek:

not that it makes a difference, below 30 is shocking in a 2.0 shopping car. I need a v8.

and yes, Albi blue is an amazing colour in person. Easily the best non in you face colour

I run a 4.7 V8 aswell, shockingly bad around town or to/from work, but on the motorway plodding along nicely at 70 is gives a decent mid 20's mpg return.

Listerine & Poledo
Pretty much any 172/182 that is still factory-standard is now a limited-edition now.

In fact, to be really anal, since the cars haven't been made indefinitely, all of them are limited editions.