ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Bora.
The back of the plate has foam pads on it to stop the plate scratching the paint behind it, and the cable ties are easy to remove/apply without having to stick anything to the bumper.

Bora.
I dont want to run the risk if i put vinyl on, when i remove it at any point for some reason it takes some paint off with it, i have seen it happen so its not something i want to do.

Bora.
Cars back into the body shop to have the flat spot sorted and door handles repainted. The plate is only there to stop me being pulled over, if we could run without a front plate it wouldnt be there.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Then you should have just left it where it belongs!
And why don't you use some money to get new headlights?

BG 182
Thinking of running 7-7.5j's on the front and 8js on the rear I think :)! Looks smart with those hornets matey! Sit perfectly with standard arches too really.

Bora.
You will easily get away with they sizes, what ET is the rear wheels your getting? as anything from et 5 to et 0 may poke a fair bit, The borbets are ET 15, seen it on the back of them they stick out 10mm more than i first though, but still need 10mm spacers i think.

R

R.Murphy

Im loving this! keep up with the progress and i might see you down your end sometime, im down carluke alot!

Clio 172
Allan nice looking car, can I just warn you having run a set of Borbet A 9's on my last car with the polished dishes you will find they pick up stones that then ride the dish like a hamster in a wheel and can and will scratch your dish. I ended up painting my wheels as I was fed up with constantly re polishing the dishes (which are an absolute b*stard to do due to how the spokes sit). Getting them rediamond cut is an option for the dish as its harder wearing than the polishing.

Bora.
Thanks for the heads up, will polish the dish up ( the spokes are a cnut to polish around!) then taking them to a garage to be lacquered, etc so hopefully that will reduce the damage also hopefully with them being 8s they wont collect stones.

Cars back from the body shop again alot more happier now with it, handles were took off properly, and bumper has no flat spots.

Inferno 182
Really think you should have covered up the renault badge, doesnt look right just sprayed over, and why not put the numberplate at the bottom of the bumper?

Bora.
Rs grill will no doubt come at some point in the future, and the renault badge will be changed to a chrome one to match my rear badges and also my polished dish, dont think i will spray the wheel centres atm, just leave them the way they are for now. Kinda getting fed up with it and losing interest now.

Bora.
Lower rear springs bought so should be here soon, tyres will be bought on the 22nd, dish's will be polished in the mean time, still to buy a front drivers fog and fit my splitter.

Bora.
no chance ;) we will let the pictures do the talking lol, should be all done for the 29th, theres a local meet/ photoshoot happening that day so i plan to ***** the clio!

Bora.
Update: Put lower springs on but had to remove then as when i fitted the borbets they scrubbed way too much, i will camber the rear and lower it more soon but for now ... a few quick pictures better ones to come tomorrow in the day light.

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Bora.
Thanks :) it's not sitting the way I want it personally, need to camber the rear by a degree or 2 max, fit the lower springs, and lower the front to match then I will be pretty happy with how it looks.

Bora.
The arches are rolled and it still rubbed. So camber is the last option for more lows until I buy 185s if I can convince a few people.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
stiffer suspension with less travel to stop scrubbage??

that what i did, and managed the get the arch sitting about 4mm away from the tyre. and zero scrubbage! ;)

imo, they look much better with the tyre out the arch rather than cambered in!!

project looks really cool dude!! borbets are awesome!!

Bora.
Suspension is solid, not alot of play as it is, i prefer the flush styles of the alloy sitting flush with the arch, having your alloys poking out isnt the thing to do now ;) and thanks :p its nearly been a year since i first got it, 10 months to be exact