ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio, Lows, and Borbet A's Arrived!

Bora.
Re: Clio, Lows, and Alloys ordered

Going to see about getting a new non sport bumper and having the plastic moulds smoothed out, failing that i will search high and low for a gold bumper lol, on the upside my wheels have finally been posted! courier collected them from the seller today so should be here monday/tuesday.

Bora.

Found a bumper from a local scrap yard £30, going to take a drive up to a body shop tomorrow to see about prices for having it smoothed and painted, so if anything the accident has motivated me into getting the body work sorted.

Bora.

Theres a few body shops i want to go to ask for prices see examples or work etc before i make a decision, i have been thinking of going to Roman in wishaw? his garage is behind the tesco there, i have seen examples of his work and the finish looks great.

If im getting a new bumper i want to follow the plans i had from the start so going smooth! still undecided is i want the fog lights smoothed out or just keep them.

Vectra

i would keep fog lights , doesn't look that good smoothing them over -

carfront1.jpg

Bora.

i wasnt going chipmink smooth lol, was leaving the indentations around the fogs etc, just the actual circular hole i was thinking about smoothing out along with the bump strips, but now im thinking bump strip and renault badge.

Bora.

New bumper bought from Mcaff on here for £40 as the scrapyard sold the one they had before i got there.

New wheels arrived this morning so headed over to kwik-fit and got 2 of the tyres removed as they were below the legal limit -

PICT0174.jpg

PICT0168.jpg

PICT0166-1.jpg

Bora.
At the moment yes, need to buy custom springs and have my arch's rolled after winter then it should sit alot nicer, pretty much flush

Vectra
those Corsa B springs do work on the clio's , with B springs you'll be one of the lowest on here i'm guessing..

Bora.
TA Technic coilovers, they were slightly dearer than the raceland ones at the time but are pretty good for the price i paid at the time.

Bora.
I still havent fully decided on smoothing, im getting the bump strips smoothed, but still debating what to do with the badge :/

If i come to sell them at any point i will let you know ;)

Yeah they came from Richard with the green focus.

Fabia VRS
I still havent fully decided on smoothing, im getting the bump strips smoothed, but still debating what to do with the badge :/

If i come to sell them at any point i will let you know ;)

Yeah they came from Richard with the green focus.

HOW FREAKY
Hes a mate of mine, live in the same town

Bora.
Lol, yeah i speak to him on Cleaned-UK and on FB, he said he was thinking of selling up, i said i have the money sitting for them so we agreed price and he posted :D good guy.

Bora.
i dont want to square the bottom grill off :p i like it the way it is :), the handles are getting done when the cars in the body shop over night! along with the side bump strips done professionally as my painting skills are poor lol

Bora.
My number plate will be sitting on the bottom grill, or i will make brackets to hold the plate, i think the badge gives its car the identity, and looks too plain without it.

Edit : considering using yellow lamin-x on my fog lights, will be very close to blending into the paint work.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
looking good mate wheels look sick! any plans to change the colour of them?

sorry i wasnt that talkitive when you came up i was still nursing a hangover and my throat was agony could barely speak.

Bora.
Going to change the centres of the alloys to match the colour my roof and wing mirrors will be going around january.

its ok dude :p how did the fight go?