ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK1 1.4 - Excessive Rolling Noise

182 BG
Hi guys,

Apologies if my descriptions are a bit vague, but its difficult to describe a sound over the internet!

Anyhow, I've been aware that the front passenger wheel bearing is a bit worn (or possibly the CV), as it the wheel has a very light 'grind' to it when its turned when its jacked up... However its never been too noisy..

Recently I did a 250mile round trip, mainly motorway, and now the car is incredibly noisy inside, 20mph sounds like 60 at least?! 70mph is deafening and sounds like wa-wa-wa-wa-wa sort of noise? Neither me or passengers can tell where its coming from... It feels like the entire car is vibrating? Thats the best description I can come up with...

Any suggestions as to why this noise would suddenly start up? Or even better what it is :)

The car is a 1997 Clio Mk1 S Maxim 1.4 (with a 110,000) on the clock...

Oh, and apologies if this is in the wrong section, but as I have no idea what issue is, it make it a bit hard to decide where to put it...

Cheers!
MCTW

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Does it get louder when turning a corner ether left or right? Or does it stay the same noise level?

182 BG
Doesn't seem to make any difference when cornering, but all the roads around here are that crappy its difficult to tell as you get a lot of rolling noise anyway... Theres no knocking or clicking that I can hear though....

I'll check that the CV gators arn't split or anything obvious, otherwise Ill change the wheel bearing... Is it best to do both at once?