ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 ph1 convert to 172 mk2 Cup

Clio 172 Cup Hybrid ph1/2
Ive completely gutted a mk2 phase 1 98 shape, and fitted a full engine, wiring, suspension, brakes, dash and all parts, everything from a 172 mk2 cup (the face lift version), i am keeping it looking like a 172 mk1 with original front end and 172 bumper etc, but with all 172 mk2 parts and interior

the last thing to do is fit the sport interior, which i now have, including all rear cards, a b c pillar covers, sills and windows surrounds etc

im just a bit stuck on how to completely remove the mk2 phase 1 98 shape interior, its seems almost impossible to know where to begin as everything appears to be interlocked, im not sure about the upright rear bench section joint in the centre, seems tricky

the rear card has the seatbelt bar running through it, so im wondering if i can remove that bar or if i need to split the plastic to remove the rear card?

any help here will be greatly appreciated

cheers

Clio 172 Cup Hybrid ph1/2
i couldnt get the bolts out, the tamper proof type bolts that hold the plastic cover down on that bar, they were so stiff they snapped the heads off 2 of my T sockets,

ill get some better quality sockets and try it again

cheers

Should come out fine chap.

As said remove them first. And they try to remember the order really.

Get a decent socket and they'll come out fine, i used a spanner iirc so cant be to bad.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I broke my ratchet getting those f**king things out.

Impact gun next time.