ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mrk1

clio mrk 1
hi right where to start i bought a 1994 l reg clio 1.8 16v which turned out to have a dodgy engine so i managed to get a renault 19 16v for a engine transplant i have put the engine in complete with manifold ecu but it wont start its like its not got a spark checked the plugs and they are sparking can anyone help thanks tom

clio mrk 1
Re: starting problems

hi right where to start i bought a 1994 l reg clio 1.8 16v which turned out to have a dodgy engine so i managed to get a renault 19 16v for a engine transplant i have put the engine in complete with manifold ecu but it wont start its like its not got a spark checked the plugs and they are sparking and also it does seem to be injecting fuel can anyone help thanks tom

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Na thats the alarm mate, the ecu is under the jack in the scuttle area, check the code on it. You'll need to take it out of its casing.

If it ends in 103 its a ph2 with an immobiliser if it ends in 105 its a ph1 without.

If its not that check all earths again and check its getting fuel.