ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio (non 172, 182 , V6) Vs Clio 182

182 + Cup
cliokhunt said:
My new laugh is the amount of drivers on the road that think overtaking is a crime. I was on my way to work a few weeks back making long overtake moves (about 6-8 cars at a time) and one time .... Naturally I told him to "eat sh*t, c**t"...

I like a spirited drive just as much as the next guy, I won't do it at the expense of other's safety..., and if someone is having a go when I am in standby mode, I will certainly not shut them out, it's almost as if to say, I'm here, you can stay there and I'll watch you have a collision... It really is disturbing.

WTF!!! So you're saying that overtaking 6 - 8 cars at a time is not driving at the expense of other's safety?? You utter c**t.

Yet another sh!te thread on Cliosport full of crap written by people who most likely have been driving for about 5 minutes and think they know what they're talking about.

182 + Cup
Dubai182 said:
if i see an empty road or another car wanting a blast across the road then i'll go for it,no danger in that. '.

Er, right. Absolutely no danger whatsoever! :S

Blaze, fair play to you mate, but I think muppets are in the majority on this thread.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Clang, why should I pull back into lane if there's still nothing in the oncoming lane and still traffic in the left lane ???

Because I'm scared to do more than 1 ??? If I can see that I can finish the manouver easily then I'll do it, no point fart arsing around too scared to overtake the lorry because there's a blind corner in 500yards.....

And jay... A 182 will NEVER beat a BMW 330, NEVER EVER.

And to the M5 reference, if you mean the plates were arabic, it's likely that it's tuned to limits that take it beyond legality in the UK. The company in question is called Nowack, and can tune the E39 M5 (pre 2005) to a stonking 500hp. Again, no chance against any BMW with an engine above 2litre.

It seems a lot of people on here are the drivers that make the roads today what they are, A RIGHT MESS. I was on the motorway today with a 172 with a "badboy" exhaust and the sport badge removed, sat in the righthand lane, so after sitting behind him for a while, make a move into the middle lane, which he responds by speeding up.... Right, dealing with a c**t then. So after a gap appears in the middle lane, here we go, bye bye dumbass driving his girlfriend home.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
cliokhunt said:
Clang, why should I pull back into lane if there's still nothing in the oncoming lane and still traffic in the left lane ??? (tell a copper that)

Because I'm scared to do more than 1 ??? If I can see that I can finish the manouver easily then I'll do it, no point fart arsing around too scared to overtake the lorry because there's a blind corner in 500yards.....

You say you overtake sometimes 8 cars in one go.. im guessin theyll do 60.. theres no chance uill be over takin the lot at 65... i wont be suprised if u went way over a ton on the on coming road.. Thats a c**ks manoever IMO. And when people ask here why.. u say basicly come across "because i can" but its more like "because i dont care"

And jay... A 182 will NEVER beat a BMW 330, NEVER EVER.

Jay never said that read his post again.

And to the M5 reference, if you mean the plates were arabic, it's likely that it's tuned to limits that take it beyond legality in the UK. The company in question is called Nowack, and can tune the E39 M5 (pre 2005) to a stonking 500hp. Again, no chance against any BMW with an engine above 2litre.

The guy didnt say that either.. he even said the beemer was spin for donkeys years hence why he was able to beat him into his lane. He made that clear.

It seems a lot of people on here are the drivers that make the roads today what they are, A RIGHT MESS. I was on the motorway today with a 172 with a "badboy" exhaust and the sport badge removed, sat in the righthand lane, so after sitting behind him for a while, make a move into the middle lane, which he responds by speeding up.... Right, dealing with a c**t then. So after a gap appears in the middle lane, here we go, bye bye dumbass driving his girlfriend home.

reply is in the quote.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Clang said:
Er, right. Absolutely no danger whatsoever! :S

Blaze, fair play to you mate, but I think muppets are in the majority on this thread.

You want some slippers with your pipe grandad??

Who are you to tell me whats safe and not safe? I use my own good,safe judgement and go from there,i have only been driving 5 years but have amassed alot of knowledge in that time.
According to a recent UN report, the UAE has the most dangerous roads in the world,and i've been here coming on 2 years and i pride myself i haven't had ONE accident yet on the roads here. I see s**t you wouldn't believe out here and if you think UK driving is bad you haven't seen a thing. I've had many a race with idiots trying it on but everytime its been on a relatively clear stretch of road and if there was traffic,both of us slowed it down.
Do not patronise me about what is safe or isn't. I drive my car hard where appropriate and will continue to do so.
John

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Brisa I think you're trying to make my words sound like something they're not.

I didn't say "jay thinks he can beat a BMW330", but he said that's who he does race, whether he likes to lose every race he has is another thing.

Again, to the M5, wasn't saying that the guy that burned away thought he could do it again, but there was a bit of confusion over the "arab M5" and I cleared it up.

No, I didn't say I would overtake cars at 65, infact before I even pull out I'm usually doing 65 (if the car infront is doing 60). And again, I'm not going to speed past a police man, why would I ?? The main thing to realise here is, when have you ever seen a line of cars doing 60 on a 60 road ??? Perhaps I'd be better off moving there, round here, people tend to take in the scenery at 40-50.

RenaultSport clio 182
Dubai182 said:
You want some slippers with your pipe grandad??

Who are you to tell me whats safe and not safe? I use my own good,safe judgement and go from there,i have only been driving 5 years but have amassed alot of knowledge in that time.
According to a recent UN report, the UAE has the most dangerous roads in the world,and i've been here coming on 2 years and i pride myself i haven't had ONE accident yet on the roads here. I see sh*t you wouldn't believe out here and if you think UK driving is bad you haven't seen a thing. I've had many a race with idiots trying it on but everytime its been on a relatively clear stretch of road and if there was traffic,both of us slowed it down.
Do not patronise me about what is safe or isn't. I drive my car hard where appropriate and will continue to do so.
John

5 Whole years? Wow. Well I bow to your superior kowledge then.;) When you've been driving for 18 (like me) you will read stuff like this and think what sort of a d!ck wrote all that... If you don't want to be patronised mate then grow up!

Clio 1.6 16V ph2 mk1
It's because of these "race freaks" and guys that make every Red Light/Green Light "racing start" that I'll make my Clio 1.6 16V "stock" and dont put anything that make him looks like any other Clio 1.2 16V ou Clio 1.4 16V :p

I have a R5 GTR and now I bought a Clio 1.6 16V ;) and never show that I have a "Saxo Cup in disguised" :p

Focus ST-2
I find that some of the worst drivers on the road are the people that have been driving for a long time, due to them thinking that they know it all, be there done that kind of attitude(obviously you get the boy/girl racer t***s). imo every single time you get in your car it is a new experience different things will happen during your drive/cruise that you can not account for no matter how experienced you are. The older you get your reaction times suffer, some people seem to forget this and also how to drive. I bet if they got anyone who has not past there test in the last 15 years to take it again, the results would be shocking. i would say at least 30% would fail or more.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Clang182 said:
5 Whole years? Wow. Well I bow to your superior kowledge then.;) When you've been driving for 18 (like me) you will read stuff like this and think what sort of a d!ck wrote all that... If you don't want to be patronised mate then grow up!

You think you have more knowledge than me? I do over 70k a year and live in a country with the worst death rate in the world per 100,000 people. I've seen it all,i never said i know it all because i know 5 years is a short time.

Silver 182 with cup packs
cliokhunt said:
The main thing to realise here is, when have you ever seen a line of cars doing 60 on a 60 road ??? Perhaps I'd be better off moving there, round here, people tend to take in the scenery at 40-50.

Normally I wouldn't even entertain a topic like this, but I have to back you up on this one.

It's a nightmare in the Highlands with tourists and coaches from about April onwards. When I'm going snowboarding, I'll think nothing of over taking 6 or 7 cars at once. However...

...they'll normally all be doing less than 40mph so they can take in the views
...I'll only do it on stretches of road where you can see for a good mile
...I'm usually following (or being followed by) at least two other cars who aren't sightseeing
...there's no need to blast by them at crazy speeds.

As for hammering it or racing on those roads, it's just not an option. You might be able to spot a car coming a mile off in the dark... or look far enough ahead to know that there's nothing round the next corner. What you can't tell is when there's Deer or Sheep that have wandered down onto the road.

RB 182
I think everyone likes a race now and again! The thrill and the buzz! But what we all have 2 remember is these little bubbles we are all in, where we all think we r invinsable are actually killing machines!
It doesnt matter what size engine you have, really no1 should be racing on public roads, we all talk as though we know it all , but at the end of the day you never know what is around that next corner!!

TT
crazy_kittyuk said:
It doesnt matter what size engine you have, really no1 should be racing on public roads, we all talk as though we know it all , but at the end of the day you never know what is around that next corner!!

well said. good wrap up!

182 + Cup
Aberclio182 said:
The older you get your reaction times suffer, some people seem to forget this and also how to drive. I bet if they got anyone who has not past there test in the last 15 years to take it again, the results would be shocking. i would say at least 30% would fail or more.

I sort of agree with the point you are trying to make, although you can't really put a timescale on it, especially 15 years as that would include me!! Drivers over a certain age however, like 70 years old, now there's a scheme I would back 100%.