ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio powered antenna

2010 Clio 1.5dci
I have changed the headunit in my clio mlk3 but now the radio reception is poor.
I think I may have lost the 12V feed to the antenna base for the amplifier.
I understand that there is a black wire which goes up the rear pillar to the antenna base?
I was wondering if anyone knows where this wire originates from?
I assume it comes from the harness in the back of the radio and I have lost the 12V when I have swapped the unit.
Does anyone know which wire in the harness plug is for the antenna 12V feed please?
I am trying to avoid having to remove the head lining to trace the wire.

Clio 182
Google PC5-137 needed? Iirc some mk3's use fakra? If not fakra a PC5-52 should do the job for DIN connectors

2010 Clio 1.5dci
It uses a white fakra connector. I was wondering if I needed the PC5-137 adaptor. I was reluctant to try one and shove 12V down the antenna cable in case I blew anything up like my new radio. I am assuming there is a central conductor inside the antenna cable to take this 12V? And it must seperate it off before it gets to the antenna because the antenna definatley has its own power input cable?
Thanks!

Clio 182
Just connect the blue wire from tbe PC5-137 - to ignition feed for radio, not an expert on how its made but presuming the fakra adapter seperated the power and aerial - never thought about it tbh