ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Prilliams

Without being deliberately controversial, i am not sure i get the point of this. I am sure the concept will bring some initial enjoyment, but i fear you may actually start to realise that a williams engine with 150 bhp (give or take a bit) will not make this that much quicker than your average sporty rep diesel car. The type of person i assume you will want to fool into believing you have a bog standard 1.2 clio.

I also wonder how many time you will pull one or two cars lengths of some suited rep on a motorway slip road before the novelty wears off. The first time will probably feel brilliant. The second time you might still enjoy it. Maybe the third time the diesel barge has been chipped and beats you?

And then there will be the handling issues. A williams is great because it is a great package. Not just because it is a bog standard clio with more horse power.

And on track, most people will realise it has an engine conversion, and it will therefore be just like the 2 shitty novas that appear with red top engines, only slower.

Kudos to you that 30 people on a forum think its a great idea, but im not so sure that the reality will reflect the rose tinted appreciation it attracts. If you are going to do this its only worth it if you put a proper engine in it. Bit of a waste of a williams engine in my opinion.

Please understand this is my opinion, and by putting this up on a forum you should not expect everyone to have the same opinion. I am not wrong, as it is just my opinion. Maybe i am wrong and it will provide hours of entertainment. Or maybe it will be for sale in 2 months time. We shall see.

Williams 2, 182 cup
Hey, I'm not offended, each to there own and all that. I don't think of it as a fast car but instead a project that I have started and finished and to a good standard.

It is different and unexpected which is what I like about it. If I wanted a car to just race past everyone I would own an evo or similar.

535d / t5 caravelle
Without being deliberately controversial, i am not sure i get the point of this. I am sure the concept will bring some initial enjoyment, but i fear you may actually start to realise that a williams engine with 150 bhp (give or take a bit) will not make this that much quicker than your average sporty rep diesel car. The type of person i assume you will want to fool into believing you have a bog standard 1.2 clio.

I also wonder how many time you will pull one or two cars lengths of some suited rep on a motorway slip road before the novelty wears off. The first time will probably feel brilliant. The second time you might still enjoy it. Maybe the third time the diesel barge has been chipped and beats you?

And then there will be the handling issues. A williams is great because it is a great package. Not just because it is a bog standard clio with more horse power.

And on track, most people will realise it has an engine conversion, and it will therefore be just like the 2 s**tty novas that appear with red top engines, only slower.

Kudos to you that 30 people on a forum think its a great idea, but im not so sure that the reality will reflect the rose tinted appreciation it attracts. If you are going to do this its only worth it if you put a proper engine in it. Bit of a waste of a williams engine in my opinion.

Please understand this is my opinion, and by putting this up on a forum you should not expect everyone to have the same opinion. I am not wrong, as it is just my opinion. Maybe i am wrong and it will provide hours of entertainment. Or maybe it will be for sale in 2 months time. We shall see.

i think you are wrong imo, it will leave a lot more than some rep mobiles, ie. clio 172 will probably get caught out, then the list can go anywhere from that, is a megane 225 any quicker upto a ton? a focus st/rs? leon cupra? civic type r? etc etc you get the idea, most of these bad boys will be pissing there sides at you pulling up next to them, i doubt they will be further down the road lol

i know my williams would of give most of them a good run if not have the edge, ( been there done that ;) )so i dont see why this wont

Williams 2, 182 cup
Well it has been on the road nearly 6 months now and I'm still enjoying it. I'm sure there will be a few more changes in the future for a little more power and some weight loss. The main point being it remains looking standard.

Williams 3
Ultimate respect due for declaring the engine change to the DVLA. Not many people would do this, so my hat is off to you sir.

S23

The Cleee-O
Sheer brilliance! Fair play to you for doing it mate, bet you can have quite some fun with that as you shift if past some rep that thinks he's it. haha

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
The steels are from a valver. I think it should pull more than a few car lengths on diesel barges. I drive a stripped 172 engined mk1 valver, and i pull about 2 or 3 lengths on my mates type r and cant see my mate in his vectra sri diesel with a tuning box. Valvers with big engines will and should suprise a lot of cars

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really love it mate, probably needs nothing else done.

Love the pikey cut bonnet also

Sweet, I didn't realise you'd actually gone through with this! :D

brad - I think you should drive a sleeper before you can make a fully-informed comment. My valver looks, to the uninformed, like a rusty, dented, 'chavved up' clio. And old clios are slow, right? ;)

Pushing a diesel repmobile along a DC before watching him brake and wobble round the roundabout that you've just driven round without touching the brakes is epic fun, I could do it all day - and mine's barely modded engine-wise!

Not having to worry about some scrote keying your OCD-polished paintwork is such a weight off the mind, and you don't really have to worry about people breaking in or trying to nick it because who wants an old shitter? Not a pro, and if you stick a big old steering wheel lock on there, the kids who'd steal it because it's easy and offers them a convenient way home won't bother either, as they can't just drive it away.

Yeah, I'm sure people think 'chav' or 'That's a proper shitter, why not buy a decent car?' but with the willy suspension I'm having the time of my life without having to worry about losing ££££ if I bin it. :cool:

Haz - I take my hat off to you, I want to do this myself!

I <3 this car, if you ever want to sell it let me know!!!

Williams 2, 182 cup
White16valver - I actually did it, there is a project thread for it on c16v forum.

I have been tempted with going for the rat look but I like how it is rather clean for a 15 year old car.

Williams 2, 182 cup
Steel 14s I think will not clear the brake calipers.

Hub caps should give it that finishing touch.

CLIO PH1 172
when the arches start to go (which they will lol ) then start to rat it but i would leave it as a grandad shopping cart atm maybe add some more random gay stickers!!

Williams 2, 182 cup
The most common reason for the arches to go on mk1s is due to worn seals on the opening rear quarter windows. Prilliams has fixed windows and no signs of rust.

Where can I get a RSPB sticker from? lol

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
The most common reason for the arches to go on mk1s is due to worn seals on the opening rear quarter windows. Prilliams has fixed windows and no signs of rust.

Where can I get a RSPB sticker from? lol

Take the interior trim off and have a look, there will be rust there in some form.

Dont think you should rat it though, leave it the way it is.

Williams 2, 182 cup
I'll have a look over the weekend. Is there any sound deadening in there I can remove while I am at it?

Williams 2, 182 cup
At last the hub caps are on.

Photo669.jpg

Photo668.jpg

Photo667.jpg

Photo672.jpg

Tangoed Works
Awesome ness mate. think the hub caps make the wheels look bigger and less stealth though. How did you get on with your househunting, did you find in the end?

Tried calling you a few times but never got through.

Williams 2, 182 cup
I thought the trims look to big, when they get dirty they should blend in and suit the car more I think.

Got a place all sorted now.

Tangoed Works
good good, hope your happy in your new joint. will try not to get blown away if I see you on the road lol!