ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio R.S.16 Christmas Present

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
First off, sorry for getting peoples hopes up...it's still not being made, but it visited work earlier this week so I had to get some photos of it up close and personal! Ignore the bow, I think it was supposed to represent its visit being our present 😂

2nk480l.jpg

21b3qq8.jpg

wtsv2g.jpg

21ay7id.jpg

bil4jr.jpg

r6x0f7.jpg

ljhnc.jpg

24y0pzq.jpg

20npdy.jpg

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
As cool as it looks, what a complete waste of time letting the hype build then not putting it into production.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

2014 Clio 200t edc
Proper mint.

They don't even have to make the engine/gearbox, just fit the body parts to the standard car ffs!

I'm sure there will be a company along soon that will make some sort of kit for one. Just like you can get Focus RS Mk3 bumpers etc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I never, ever understand creations like this from car manufacturers. Those silly solar powered, 3,000mpg technical showcases are one thing - as are concept cars. Purely the minds of engineers and designers allowed to run riot.

But when they clearly release a car that is SO close to viable production. That looks like a production model. That has the mass interest of the hot hatch fan base interested - because it looks like a production model. And then they have demo runs of it at Goodwood - looking like the next production model.............. then do FA with it??? WTF are they thinking?

If I was on the board at Renault - I'd want answers - serious answers to why something gaining plenty of interest and speculation is allowed to bloody sit there, having been built and yet cannot be bought. Bean counters and the designers will spend months, if not years, trying to whip-up interest in their cars to put the books in the black and maintain healthy profits. It's not an easy task to do - every manufacturer produces a lemon or two along the way. So when a specific car suddenly makes its target audience sit up and pay attention - why the hell wouldn't you follow that up?

Baffling. In fact, they shouldn't even bother with it - if it never has any hopes reaching the light of day. A waste of time, resources and talent that could otherwise be spent of cars that will make it to production.

McDonalds might as well make the 3 calorie Big Mac - prove its viable. Prove its virtually fat-free and yet retains all the taste. Then put it in the bin because they couldn't be arsed and continue the Bun-Based Artery Clogger for the masses.

Harnesses and seat belts lol?

Also the expansion tank hose extension lol?

Apart from that, come on Renault just make it instead of waving it around showrooms 😧 Even if it's only 50 or something