ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio rain sensor sensitivity

Does anyone find their Windscreen wiper sensors not sensitive enough ?... even on the highest sensitivity setting.

had my 182 for 6 months and still wondering if the sensors are working properly....they do sense but struggle with smaller droplets...especially annoying when following vehicles on wet / damp roads after rain.

Cheers

hi, mine are fine with "normal rain" but are a bit less sensitive with spray. I think people have discussed this somewhere before on here!

Clio 197

Try a bit of glass polish, over the sensor area...

Wax from washing your car etc, can cause the water to bead on the window...

The sensor works on IR light reflection/refraction.....

Beaded droplets dont affect the light reflection/refraction as much, so they wont set off the sensor as much...

hope this helps.

oms.

tiTTy & SV650

I wish you could adjust the sensitivity as opposed to the speed when using the auto wipers.

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine annoy the crap out of me, they never seem to work properly. Dont bother with them anymore.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 08 February 2005
Mine annoy the crap out of me, they never seem to work properly. Dont bother with them anymore.

Ditto. I think theyre dangerous, I mentioned this to jeremy on here about a year ago, and I mention it every time I go into the dealers, but renault arent interested.

All I want is the ability to switch to a normal safe intermittent wipe.

With the auto wipers I find myself having to fiddle with the wiper stick more because they dont work properly.

moan, moan, moan.

Ziel Nurburgring

Ive tried adjusting the dial on the stalk and that doesnt actually seem to make any difference what so ever. Oh well, you cant win them all.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 08 February 2005

Ive tried adjusting the dial on the stalk and that doesnt actually seem to make any difference what so ever. Oh well, you cant win them all.
all it does is adjust the delay (if the sensor feels its not raining enough to make a difference)

But it doesnt work very well at all, barely notice it most of the time.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Quote: Originally posted by SilverClio182 on 08 February 2005

Does anyone find their Windscreen wiper sensors not sensitive enough ?... even on the highest sensitivity setting.

had my 182 for 6 months and still wondering if the sensors are working properly....they do sense but struggle with smaller droplets...especially annoying when following vehicles on wet / damp roads after rain.

Cheers
SNAP!

172 GTR

The Renault wipers are mailto:cr@p"> cr@p. The wife has a Mercedes CL, you never have to touch the auto wipers they are perfect.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

when i had my focus it didnt have variable intermittent and i just changed the stalk for one out of a ghia with the variable intermittent, would this work on the 182 i.e get a stalk from a dynamique or is it controled from a computer somwhere?

I find the rain sensor ok and much better than the BMW one I had before... my other half says its rubbish though so there you go. Those not getting on with the rain sensor must be driving like my missus!

Yes, the auto wipers are not the best are they? Ive got used to adgusting the stick as and when required and have given up worring about the auto sensor.

The auto wipers work fine for me, but when the car was new I didnt think they were much cop...they were just not set up to my liking sensitivity wise, but now they are they are fine - Im sooo lazy now, it annoys me that I have to flick the stalk to activate them for the first time.

A few of you guys are saying you wish you had intermittent wipe instead of the auto wipe, I have a 53 reg 172, and there is a built in option to disable the auto wipe and have intermittent instead. Suggest those of you who arent happy with the auto wipe take a look at your manuals

[Edited by Steve_H on 09 February 2005 at 6:46pm]