ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 197 finally announced...

www.cliorenaultsport197.co.uk

All the info, images & videos are on there...

imagegallery1.jpg

imagegallery6.jpg

imagegallery9.jpg

imagegallery11.jpg

imagegallery14.jpg

Megane 225 Cup
Im not really liking it that much tbh.. i mean its nice.. but im not struck by it like i am a normal clio

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Unladen kerb weight 1,240kg

(197/1240)*1000 = 159bhp/tonne :rolleyes:

Love the rear diffuser tho, even if thats the reason it also has a lower top-speed than 182.

Monaro VXR
...its got brembos they should be in red! lol.

all these pictures make me want one so much :(

and to above lower top speed but still 6.9 to 60. recon the cup version might be a little better than the older one. If they cut it down a lot as its rather lardy.

106 GTi
Bit's on there that I like and bits on there I hate, still want to drive one, and be intrested to she whats available options wise when its released.

Colour range is small. No white for the motorsport lot.

172, Tiguan
Why does that silver trim on the binacle not join up to the rev counter? How fustrating.

It looks great, just a bit heavy!

MKIII 138
handling will be more stable which may lose the tension and excitement of the old model (god i have an old model now lol) but it should be a more planted car and even if its a few hp pertonne less than a 182 or a 172cup for that matter you will probably find it post exactly if not faster times around a track, on top gear, evo mag, autocar full test etc.. to top it off it may not mean much to 18yr old spoilt chav`s (does to me though as im 27 and starting a family soon) but its a safer car to drive and in a serious crash and more comfortable and quieter with probably no real world performance advantage or disadvantage. its also better spec`d better built and uses nicer plastics.

its a better car.

Der Panzer
I don't like the look of it. Hate the new dash. Hate the back.

I'll stick with the dream of having an Evo as my next motor.

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
to be completly honest........ i dont like it at all!

imo it doesnt look as sporty as the old shape(172/182) clio! it looks bulky..
when it is released fully i mite take it for a test drive but only to be able to conpare it to the 172/182.
which i have my doubts on whether it will be as good as either of them!
the power to weight on th 197 is 158bhp/ton where as the 172/182 is 170bhp/ton!
i very much doubt ill be buying one. there are other cars in the 'hot hatch arena' that catch my eye alot more than this one! and then there is always the option of a 2nd hand 182 or V6, which is more apealing than the new clio 197.

davo

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Still unsure , not really a head turner . Seats don't look sporty enough :dapprove: dissapointed with the top speed 134 mph :dapprove:, all the rumours it was gonna be touchin close to 150 mph :(

How much for an exhaust when it falls off after 18 months :eek: ? Will there be aftermarket ones available ??

Time will tell , gotta see one in the flesh .

MrBillyUK !

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I think it looks really good. I'm just keen to get behind the wheel of it, and see if it impresses me as much as my 182. Only time will tell.

Tyson.

at least chavs can't stick silly exhausts on it, hmmmmmm then again im sure they will try.. to be honest overall don't like it, i like a few of its details eg. diffuser, air vents in arhces, and the fact you can get it in racing blue :) ... but then again never liked the old clio at first, lets just wait and see what it looks like on coileys!!

No more clio's for me!
Anyone watched the videos?

Check out the one of the red 197, about half way thru just after the gear change - some serious understeer :S! The more and more i look at it, the more and more i dislike it, looks to similar to the run of the mill Clios. :(

172 cup'd extreme
be able to retro fit the inlet and exhaust manifolds to the current clio, also the gearbox will probably fit although hydro clutch

E90
well, i was considering waiting for this, the concept i saw at franfurt was amazing, this isn't far away, just not special enough imo, Glad i ordered the golf

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
not keen on the looks or interior to be honest but may look better in the flesh. i didnt like the new civic in pictures before it came out but when i saw one on the road i thought it looked really fresh and futuristic.

Rally bus
Me don't like. Doesn't look "special" in the way that 172/182 does. Interior looks cheap, seats look awful and I don't really need a bit of red stuff on the steering wheel to know which way I'm steering. Looks like I will be sticking with my 172 for some time!

oh dear.. where did they go wrong.

looks just like a normal clio. the only decent thing i can see on it are the brembo brakes and 6 gears.. which should have been on the 172/182.

after seeing these.. the 182 is definately the end of the renaultsport ownership line for me.
(unless i decide to get a v6 for a few months just to say ive had one)

VaVa
I think I'll wait to actually drive one before I write it off.

I'm was never a fan of the Mk2 rear end, and neither am I of the Mk3.... but if it drives well......

C

Cupster

Not for me, don't like big arses!! ;)

Like the brembos and rims though.

MINI JCW
meggerman said:
btw.. whats the kerb weight of the 197bhp Civic type -r ?

the new Civic type R not the old one :D

just over 1200, so the new clio is heavier. i agree with you that overall the 197 is a better car than the 182 but I dont think it will be as quick to 60 or 100 and as a lower top speed, so for me it just doesnt offer the best £ performance like the 182 did.