ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 197 finally announced...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Chris n nic said:
Done a racing blue ish one as well (with darker wheels)

RacingBlue.jpg

Chris
OMG, sexwee, now I would buy that, think with racing blue though it HAS to have the darker wheels!!!!!

Clio 197
It's got similar fuel consumption to the Meggy 225 (slightly worse in fact) @ Combined 31.7 MPG.

I'd rather have a turbo, than a n/a screamer with six gears.... especially if it's not going to be any thirstier.

It's weight is not far off the 225 either (125kg difference)...

So that's two advantages the Clio182 has over the 225.... that the Clio197 doesn't.

There may be more uncovered as time goes on...

We need to drive it for a final verdict.

RenaultSport clio 18
Andy182Cup said:
I don't like the look of it. Hate the new dash. Hate the back.

I'll stick with the dream of having an Evo as my next motor.

i totaly agree mate i hate it. and i think an evo will be my nxt car aswell

Elise/VX220/R26
hmm at 1240 kgs you might has well have a megane for the extra power/potential tuning and space

It was always going to be a tough one for Renault this one. Obviously the sport model will always have to follow whatever the base model is doing and the direction they have chosen to take the clio in is to make it bigger and more refined/safer etc.

To me it does leave the question on weather they will introduce another renaultsport under the clio. The clios isnt really a small city car type hatchback any more so maybe theres room in the Renault range for something smaller, lighter etc that might be a better base for an RS model

Obviously it hasnt been driven yet so you cant write it off completely but its fair to say that on paper the numbers dont add up to somthing thats going to satisfy 172 and 182 owners. The 6 speed box will help matters I personally think only the 225 engine in that shell would make it a monumental hot hatch.

dk

911 GTS Cab
these are the pics i posted months ago, seems they were pretty bang on ( apart from the colour of the wheels ;) )

clio-2.jpg

clio-3.jpg

clio-4.jpg

clio-5.jpg

still really liking it, racing blue looks really good :)

The problem ive got with the Meg 225 is the price tag...

Anyone know how much these will be?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Racing Blue does look sweet, but i think red with dark wheels will look the nuts!

Cant wait to drive it!

Tyson.

106 GTi
Like the 182, dark wheels will really set it off, of a set polished to look like the concept.

Looking forward to seeing the Ultra Blue.

MKIII 138
will grow on people, but the arguments as to which is faster will keep this forum buys for years lol lol

the meganes cost is peanuts compared with other simular cars. can be picked up new for £14895 !!! ONE remap and you have 267hp/250lb power in 1350kg. 0-60 is 6.1 anyways so you`d be into the fives and 100 in low 14`s if not 13`s with the new FMIC, Induction, zorst.

Nippy white cup
As Tom says...patience is the key although the way renault work there will be new updates till just b4 the next facelift!

Chris

Monaro VXR
The only thing i dont like is the rear clusters. everything else i love. And looks the dogs in that blue with those wheels and dropped like that...i want one but hopefully someone can bring out some aftermarket clusters that arent lexus lights or led's.

Just think they look...well dopey.

Clio 197
hello everybody,
i'm new here, i'm from switzerland,

I ain't got a clio sport yet, but soon I will, at the moment i've got a clio a 1.4 :rolleyes:

i ordered the new one in black, but don't know the release date :( the price is 34'000 swiss francs, that's more or less 15'000£

i'm thinking about to put some darker rims on it, here's a pic of a black one with dark rims, looks fine to me
clio5mh.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
the black one looks ok but tbh if i wanted a megane hybrid i'd just take my clio to a bodyshop and ask them to slam in some megane headlights not for renault to mess it all up take away the sporty look and make it heavier, i mean is this gonna see a 106 g.t.i off the mark? i dont think so i'll be sticking to my mk2 phase 2 clio it looks sportier and its faster simple as

Mazda MX5 1.8
i like it but:

too expensive for me
needs to loose some weight (ie. be a proper 'cup' version)
some kind of a rear spoiler as it looks like someone with a real short hair cut!

Clio 182
LMAO at the mk2 owners saying it looks boring, the mk2 ph2 looks boring!
I think it looks pants, althought the suspension and brakes setup look very cool

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I'm liking the new type-R :) new clio RS not looking like my cuppa tea wouldn't mind a test drive though :)

VaVa
It looks better in Black because black hides the lines of the car!!.

Black 182's/172's are very difficult to tell apart from 1.2's for the same reason.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Okay, okay, whos the joker who put up pictures of a micra instead of the new renaultsport?

Oh wait, thats really it? Jeez Louise!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'm loving the shopped version above! Its very very nice.

Some pictures i like it, and others i don't...

Tyson.